At least there was effort throughout the whole game

Blackrain

Reaction score
Well all I can say is the team seemed to get its back up and decide to play with effort today.

I'm guessing collectively they were tired of looking like fools to the whole country and having the news media as well as former players beat them down.

Yes we were out manned on defense and Brock purdy used his legs to beat us
With some of our talented edge rushers back I think we would have limited his running and been able to possibly win this game.

Everybody played hard to the end some guys just can't catch I can't exactly blame the defensive lineman that much but Turpin had the ball in his hands and he's an NFL receiver and that ball needed to be caught.

I don't even look at wins and losses anymore at this point the Cowboys are my team to the box and today's game although a loss was still some better football to watch and a much better effort by the team.
That said McCarthy is still horrible

Looking for thoughts on the team's effort tonight

Blackrain

Reaction score
Lots of teams give effort. They are paid to do this game. The offense is pathetic
I agree there the offense is pretty bad while other teams were going out signing wide receivers like devante Adams and DeAndre Hopkins Jerry was sitting on his hands.
And exactly what bites us our second string wide receiver kick returner drops a ball put right in his hands by our struggling quarterback.

I think Zimmer did about the best he could do with what he had to work with if we had a couple of our more talented edge Rutgers back I think we could have contained Brock party from making so many plays with his legs

JayFord

Reaction score
Along with effort you need strategy and some semblance of a skill that can help you win

I make an effort to poop everyday but unless I add more fiber to my diet my stools is going to come out harder than watching the 2024 cowboys

CWR

Reaction score
look at what u did jerry

the bar can not be any lower lol

this is what u build
I will fantasize about Jerry reading over your posts and becoming irate. If I could I'd treat him like a bad dog and hold his nose to it. Lol

Blitzen

Reaction score
I agree there the offense is pretty bad while other teams were going out signing wide receivers like devante Adams and DeAndre Hopkins Jerry was sitting on his hands.
And exactly what bites us our second string wide receiver kick returner drops a ball put right in his hands by our struggling quarterback.

I think Zimmer did about the best he could do with what he had to work with if we had a couple of our more talented edge Rutgers back I think we could have contained Brock party from making so many plays with his legs

The team is leagues behind the best squads. It gets proven repetitively. Other teams make moves, but they don’t always work. The Jets have lost two straight after acquiring the great Adams. The Cowboys need 10-15 high end replacements-including at QB. This train wreck will require multiple seasons/drafts to recover from.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You are happy because they actually played hard?

just how low is the bar now?
Out played......
Out Coached....
They made adjustments.....We didn't....On both sides of the ball.
Out schemed.....
Can't run the football...
Steele can't pass block....
Issues on the O-line.
Couldn't stop the run......SF 223yrds
No turnovers created.....
#4 still turning over the football
Need a #2 WR
GM unwilling to go get help....
Growing cancer in the locker room....

And this is just some of our issues......... :popcorn:

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Well all I can say is the team seemed to get its back up and decide to play with effort today.

I'm guessing collectively they were tired of looking like fools to the whole country and having the news media as well as former players beat them down.

With some of our talented edge rushers back I think we would have limited his running and been able to possibly win this game.

Everybody played hard to the end some guys just can't catch I can't exactly blame the defensive lineman that much but Turpin had the ball in his hands and he's an NFL receiver and that ball needed to be caught.

I don't even look at wins and losses anymore at this point the Cowboys are my team to the box and today's game although a loss was still some better football to watch and a much better effort by the team.

Good point. All you can ask of your team or anybody really is for them to give it an honest try or effort. They played with fight, attitude some tonight. It was the most physical Ive seen them this year since the opener in CLE.
I am with you on Big Mike. So disappointed in him as a HC. It seems like a miracle he won a Supwr Bowl before, but then I remember he had an elite QB, Rodgers. In fact, you could say - How did he ONLY win 1 with an elite QB like Rodgers, LOL. He is out of our hair after this season, at least.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

That 3rd quarter was abysmal. I hope that wasn’t effort.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I agree the third quarter was bad but after watching as many games as I have they at least fought to the end I have seen games where Dak throws a couple pics and everybody gives up hangs their head and just stop playing.
If Jerry got us DeAndre Hopkins he makes that catch that Turpin dropped easily and we could have won that game but he is never trying to make us better all the while other teams are constantly trying to improve

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Except for the 1st and 3rd quarters.

So I agree with you....for half the game.
Our team actually did well first half and kept it a game. Then SF says screw it and decides to run up our gut like every other team, Dak throws his trademark 2024 interception, and game quickly gets out of control.

….or maybe our Coaches are just too dumb to adjust right at Halftime while the other team comes roaring back.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

I dont think we can point out the defense, which at DE and CB we're down to bones and add on the disparity between CAP spend......this is an offensive team, built around a costly offense (CAP and draft).

If Jerry wants to build his team on expensive names, they have to perform ABOVE THE PAY CHECK (IMO).

But you're right, at least there was effort.....the defense just ran out of steam and as per normal when it started to become a shoot, we can never keep up.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There was a much better effort to be physical than most other games. However they are just not build on physicality. The players are also mentally weak.

ZekeTrain

Reaction score

We're handing out participation trophies now?