At least we didnt lose to the Commanders...

E-Dog Night

Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;1901631 said:
Let it go, let it go. They're just lashing out.

Sorry. You're right. The irony was just killing me.

What's even more ironic is that replacement game was arguably the most humiliating loss in Cowboy history, until toight's "Cancun Bowl".

It also occurred to me that some of the younger members on here might not know the details of that game. Never pass up an opportunity to educate.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
Burgundy&Gold;1901528 said:
You clearly don't understand what is and what is not important when records are tallied up at the end of the season.

Congrats, then you finished 6th in the NFC, and 12th in the NFL. Is that better?:rolleyes:

SweetDC

Reaction score
Punkabilly56;1900961 said:
ES is having a party over there.
That may be so but the Giants had a party all over our field today. Jacobs throwing the ball at the time clock was about the most obnoxious display I've ever seen.

With the respect I have for Gibbs, this season (and this season only) I would rather have the Commanders move on in the playoffs than those classless Giants. God, I hate the Giants this season.

pjfootballer

Reaction score
tnbk;1901399 said:
True....it's just a shame there wasn't a strike the past four years. :)

I always love this argument. Stike year 1982. The Skins were the only team in NFL History as the #1 seed to have to play 3 games to reach the SB.

1987. As someone mentioned we beat a Dallas squad with over 1/2 of their defectors. And I'll add, it was in Dallas.

I just look at it this way. The other 27 teams had the same chance to win them and they didn't. Plain and simple. We didn't get extra games on the schedule. We didn't get forfit wins. We went on the field and beat the other teams until the final gun.

Call it what you want, we won the Super Bowl in 82 and 87.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
kingwhicker;1901152 said:
9-8, third place in NFC East, a "legendary" coach that quit because he didn't want to go down with the inevitable sinking ship (for the second time), a young, Pro Bowl safety to replace- yep, lots to be partying about.

Don't forget the hideos starting qb, 20 million over the cap, best player shot dead, an aging O and D line, recievers who are midgets and can't catch, and a fumbling Portis.

Yeah, its party central over there.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Who cares about the Commanders?, they seem to have enough of their own problems.

DCfaninDC

Reaction score
Burgundy&Gold;1901272 said:
1. You can take the quotes off of legendary. The man won three Super Bowls with basically three different quarterbacks and essentially three different teams...easily one of, if not the most impressive feat in NFL coaching history. That is why he is in Canton.

2. He did not "quit" on this team. I am not sure if you are aware, but the man has a 3 year old grandson who is fighting for his life, battling leukemia. He felt compelled to be with his family and I do not blame him one bit.hahahah, you seriously want us to beleive that is the reason.LOL:laugh2:

3. This "third place" stuff I hear is garbage. You are either one of the 6 teams that make the playoffs in the NFC or you are not. Home field advantages and byes are big advantages (to most teams anyway) but the bottom line is making the playoffs.
Then you take of the quotes off of QUIT and THIRD PLACE because Gibbs did quit and the Commanders are third in the NFC East. I am so sick and tire of the Skins and Sean Taylor. It is unbarable to live here in the DC area and hear about the 21 point win over Dallas to get into the playoffs. I loved it when you guys lost the Seahawks by 21 so you can shut talking about ghosts and spirits. Taylor is dead and should not be on the roster. Gibs might have been fired for being stupid enough to put his name in the starting line-up against Seattle. Well that worked out well, his spirit helped you guys lose. I love how you guys lost. Down most of the game, then gave the fans some hope only to get your heart ripped and stomped on by Seahawks CBs.

Seriously though, you guys have s**t load of crap going on here in DC. Your QB is garbage. A QB that didn't take a snap in like a decade made this team look better and took that team to the playoffs. Now Campbell, your QB of the future is not showing good signs for the future is he? I really do hope you guys keep him as your starting chocker, oh I meant QB.

Oh yeah, and the endless problems they have with an owner who only cares about $$$ and can careless if the Skins win a SB. As long as people like you keep pumping money into his bank account, he will bring more busts as FAs.

Last, you still do not have a head coach. Get a life...

Woods

Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;1901631 said:
Let it go, let it go. They're just lashing out.

Do you really believe that the team is that much better right now?

I'm not being sarcastic. I really would like your opinion.

In my opinion, I think you guys played a bit over your heads. (Which is better than underperforming, like we did yesterday!)

But seriously, you guys are $20mm over the cap, your HOF coach is gone, Snyder is still running the team (and will probably do more so with Gibbs not having as much control), Campbell is probably the 4th best QB in the NFC East. (Yes, Romo, Manning, and McNabb are still better, IMO.)

You're probably going to have to cut guys like Springs and re-strucure contracts like crazy to be able to compete in FA, and if I remember correctly, you don't have your full arsenal of draft picks once again.

I really don't see you guys much better than number 3 in the NFC East, and that's if the Eagles bomb again.

Burgundy&Gold

Reaction score
This argument that the strike year Super Bowls were less impressive continues to baffle me. I could understand it we were talking about baseball where there the length of the season is what it is to ensure the best teams get it.

But there are only SIXTEEN regular season games in an NFL season. How much of a difference is it if there are slightly fewer? We still had to take the same road in the playoffs as in any other team in any other season.

In fact, in 1981 we enjoyed little to no advantage as the "number 1" seed since the NFL went to a tournament style post season. We had to win 3 games to get to the Super Bowl.

AmishCowboy

Reaction score
:fact:
Woods;1904238 said:
Do you really believe that the team is that much better right now?

I'm not being sarcastic. I really would like your opinion.

In my opinion, I think you guys played a bit over your heads. (Which is better than underperforming, like we did yesterday!)

But seriously, you guys are $20mm over the cap, your HOF coach is gone, Snyder is still running the team (and will probably do more so with Gibbs not having as much control), Campbell is probably the 4th best QB in the NFC East. (Yes, Romo, Manning, and McNabb are still better, IMO.)

You're probably going to have to cut guys like Springs and re-strucure contracts like crazy to be able to compete in FA, and if I remember correctly, you don't have your full arsenal of draft picks once again.

I really don't see you guys much better than number 3 in the NFC East, and that's if the Eagles bomb again.

Southskinsfan

Reaction score
kingwhicker;1901152 said:
9-8, third place in NFC East, a "legendary" coach that quit because he didn't want to go down with the inevitable sinking ship (for the second time), a young, Pro Bowl safety to replace- yep, lots to be partying about.

No playoff wins in 12 years. Your old Legendary coach quite last year and your new playoff winless coach was able to keep his streak in tact on NO PLAYOFF WINS.

If I remember correctly, before the ship totally sank we beat the Cowboys. I know, you rested your starters. The game was won before your starters were pulled.

Look man, It's only a game. I know it sucks but it's only a game. You guys had a great year. I was pulling for you with all the respect you gave us when ST was gunned down by the trash balls in Miami. You guys will be fine. Like Washington, You have an owner that is a fan and wants to win more than anything.

Southskinsfan

Reaction score
kingwhicker;1901800 said:
Congrats, then you finished 6th in the NFC, and 12th in the NFL. Is that better?:rolleyes:

I would rather finish 12 and lose on the road then have a #1 seed and the road to the Super Bowl come through my own backyard and still find a way to blow it.

Southskinsfan

Reaction score
E-Dog Night;1901365 said:
Not real good overall. He did, however, manage to win one more playoff game after 2 years on the job than the Cowboys have won since Bill Clinton was in his first term.

Now that is funny:laugh2:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You guys are the lowest form of human life there is in football world. I wish nothing but failure on your entire organization.

Now go back to your party over at ExtremeTrash.scum and leave us alone. From where I'm standing, we're headed towards greatness while you guys can't even figure out who your QB is going to be.

So keep laughing, we have two #1s in our back pocket and you can bet the farm that Jones will pull a Cheatriots type of deal this offseason to put you and the rest of the NFCE in the rearview mirror for the next 6 years.

Please just go away now!!

DTK

Reaction score
Funny how the Commanders hang their hat on the fact that they've won 2 more playoff games than we have in 10 years.

Just a reminder to you Commander fans that have forgotten the whole grand scheme of things: the goal is winning the Super Bowl. Winning a playoff game and losing the next doesn't make you great. Nor does it give you bragging rights over a rival. Go check the record books for Lombardi trophies and see how many we have compared to how many you have. Also, check the head to head records between the two clubs. I'd tell you but I want you to learn how to do research.

Now, who's your coach?

AmishCowboy

Reaction score
Your HC quit, your Star FS was Killed, Your First Round QB is a Bust, you 're $20 Million over the Salary cap and you needed a 35 year old career backup to make the playoffs where you lost by 3 touchdowns and you wanna talk?.