At pick 178...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
At this point, five picks to go to the Cowboys' first sixth rounder, you have massive DT Walter Thomas, all 6-5, 370 pounds of him, still on the board... you also have five nice DBs still on the board, 3 safeties, 2 corners-- John Wendling, Chad Nkang and Daren Stone at safety, Courtney Brown and Anthony Arline at corner...

I'd rate my preference Thomas, Brown, Wendling, Nkang, Arline, Stone...

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
silverbear;1478539 said:
At this point, five picks to go to the Cowboys' first sixth rounder, you have massive DT Walter Thomas, all 6-5, 370 pounds of him, still on the board... you also have five nice DBs still on the board, 3 safeties, 2 corners-- John Wendling, Chad Nkang and Daren Stone at safety, Courtney Brown and Anthony Arline at corner...

thats getting more for your money!

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Wasn't Mick saying Walter Thomas was the pick when Stanback was taken? If we could get him 2 rounds later, that would be a nice turnout

skinsscalper

Reaction score
silverbear;1478539 said:

Is Thomas that mammoth of a kid who had the "character issues", Bear?

SS

:star:

JPM

Reaction score
I like Thomas, he takes up a very large amount of space.

silverbear

Reaction score
peplaw06;1478553 said:
Wasn't Mick saying Walter Thomas was the pick when Stanback was taken? If we could get him 2 rounds later, that would be a nice turnout

Sure would... I'd take Thomas over any of the DBs listed, and gamble that one of the 5 DBs would slide all the way down to pick 200...

silverbear

Reaction score
skinsscalper;1478554 said:
Is Thomas that mammoth of a kid who had the "character issues", Bear?

SS

Yup, that would be him... I'll argue with you about those issues at some other time, though, kinda busy right now... :D

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i am hoping and drooling that the cowboys take walter thomas

hey nick folk kicker, a pretty good kid, still hope we can get walter thomas with 2nd 6th pick,

skinsscalper

Reaction score
silverbear;1478563 said:
Yup, that would be him... I'll argue with you about those issues at some other time, though, kinda busy right now... :D

You'll hear no arguement from me. Somebody posted something about the kidlast week and I was all for taking a flyer on the kid in the 6th or 7th. I'd take that pick and a bag of chips all day long. Would give usa chance to address DT late in the draft with (argueably) 1st or 2nd round talent. Hopefully Calvin Jones could get through to this guy and make him the steal of the draft.

SS

Westcoasthabsfan

Reaction score
EastDallasCowboy;1478587 said:
did someone forget to tell Jerry that Mason Crosby was still available?!??

I was reading that he had a poor combine and individual workout which is why he hasnt been selected yet