News: AT&T in process of purchasing naming rights to Cowboys Stadium

Cowboy_Shawn

Reaction score
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. The news has been out for a couple of hours now.

From CBS DFW Website:
The Dallas Cowboys are in the process of reaching a Cowboys Stadium naming rights deal with AT&T, sources tell 105.3 The Fan.

The framework of the arrangement – discussed with the telecommunications giant since the $1.2 billion building opened four years ago – once centered on a $25 million-a-year fee. A source said a Farmers Insurance bid of $700 million for a proposed new stadium in LA and the San Francisco 49ers’ recent 20-year deal for $220 million “re-set’’ the framework for conversations, and that the naming rights will likely go into effect for the 2014 season.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/07/22/source-cowboys-sell-stadium-naming-rights-to-att/

Staubacher

Reaction score
So when I call for tickets now I'll get "Joe" from India on the line...

erod

Reaction score
Mike Fisher of the Cowboys flagship station is reporting that a "major business story" is about to break regarding the Cowboys.

Perhaps Jerry finally sold the naming rights to the stadium?

Guesses?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
The ice capades are coming to cowboy stadium. The Muppets are the theme.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
That is probably it.

Kind of scary to think of what they'll come up with.

erod

Reaction score
It's leaked out.

AT&T has bought the naming rights to Cowboys Stadium.

Nation

Reaction score
Money in to the team is a good thing, so this is good news.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet that people will be shocked with how much they are paying for naming rights. Farmers Field in LA (which will probably never be built) was going to be a 30 year, $600 million deal.

Deep_South

Reaction score
If it's true, this is great news. I really don't care what they call the stadium; if it helps the Cowboys' cash flow, it helps the Cowboys.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
It's going to be weird seeing AT&T cowboys stadium. It will always be known to me as cowboys stadium and before that Texas stadium

Phoenix

Reaction score
Oh well. Guess I'm for it. At least we still won't have "AT&T" inside the star on the helmet.

Shunpike

Reaction score
If I am not wrong, Met Life paid around 400 million Dollars for 25 years for the naming rights of the new stadium in New Jersey. Any number leaked yet for the money AT&T will pay?

mmohican29

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Stadium by AT&T, AT&T Dallas Cowboys Stadium, ... a lot better than Levis Stadium. Crowd on their feet "Rise in your Levi's" lol