AT&T to Retire DirecTV, U-Verse Names

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AT&T plans to start stamping out the brand names of satellite provider DirecTV and its own U-Verse pay-TV brand next month.

The change is part of a new platform rollout under the AT&T Entertainment name, according to DSL Reports.

An AT&T spokesman told TheWrap that the company will be a corporate brand moving forward, but he added that the company will continue to use DirecTV as a product name for the foreseeable future, given its strength in the market.

Read the rest: https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/t-retire-directv-u-verse-names-153447356.html

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
What's the difference between Comcast, Xfinity and DirecTV? I think I have all three somehow.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
AT&T plans to start stamping out the brand names of satellite provider DirecTV and its own U-Verse pay-TV brand next month.

The change is part of a new platform rollout under the AT&T Entertainment name, according to DSL Reports.

An AT&T spokesman told TheWrap that the company will be a corporate brand moving forward, but he added that the company will continue to use DirecTV as a product name for the foreseeable future, given its strength in the market.

Read the rest: https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/t-retire-directv-u-verse-names-153447356.html

AT&T = American Telephone & Telegraph company. Est 1885

Should change to

AT&S= American Telephone & Satellite company.

Or

AT&D= American Telephone & Dish company

kimrose

Reaction score
Yall are hilarious! :laugh:

And yeah, I don't get that article either. They're going to stop using the name DirecTV next month, but keep using the name for the foreseeable future. Is it just me, or is next month part of the foreseeable future for most people? lol. The article went on to say that they are considering stopping using the name DirecTV. Huh?? :huh:

Is the author of this article really confused or is the one he interviewed huffing paint? :muttley:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Yall are hilarious! :laugh:

And yeah, I don't get that article either. They're going to stop using the name DirecTV next month, but keep using the name for the foreseeable future. Is it just me, or is next month part of the foreseeable future for most people? lol. The article went on to say that they are considering stopping using the name DirecTV. Huh?? :huh:

Is the author of this article really confused or is the one he interviewed huffing paint? :muttley:

It came from yahoo, which isn't known for its smart writers.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
They should just call it "we're going to screw you", be cause that's what they do.