AT&T will let 50 million customers carry over unused data to the next month

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AT&T's data plan just got a lot more forgiving. Today, the company announced that starting January 25th, any AT&T customers in the Mobile Share Value system will be able to carry over unusued data to the next month. Since most users tends to fluctuate widely in data use from month to month, that will give users significantly more flexibility in data usage and a much better chance at avoiding overage fees. The Mobile Share plan already allows different users to share the same pool of data, so allowing the data to rollover will add an even larger buffer. "We’re saying thanks to our more than 50 million plus Mobile Share Value subscribers," said AT&T Mobility CEO Glenn Lurie.

The news comes on the heels of a similar announcement from T-Mobile, which unveiled its Data Stash plan just last month.

More: http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/7/75...customers-carry-over-unused-data-mobile-share

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AT&T's data plan just got a lot more forgiving. Today, the company announced that starting January 25th, any AT&T customers in the Mobile Share Value system will be able to carry over unusued data to the next month. Since most users tends to fluctuate widely in data use from month to month, that will give users significantly more flexibility in data usage and a much better chance at avoiding overage fees. The Mobile Share plan already allows different users to share the same pool of data, so allowing the data to rollover will add an even larger buffer. "We’re saying thanks to our more than 50 million plus Mobile Share Value subscribers," said AT&T Mobility CEO Glenn Lurie.

The news comes on the heels of a similar announcement from T-Mobile, which unveiled its Data Stash plan just last month.

More: http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/7/75...customers-carry-over-unused-data-mobile-share

This is why competition is good. If T-Mobile and AT&T had merged AT&T wouldn't have had to adapt to their competitor's plans.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let me just say for a minute here how much I hate AT&T, in case anybody happens to be on the fence about signing up with them. Their billing department is the absolute worst. And this applied not only to their cellular plans, but to their high speed DSL and Uverse. An absolute joke. Unfortunately, the alternatives aren't a lot better, apparently.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Let me just say for a minute here how much I hate AT&T, in case anybody happens to be on the fence about signing up with them. Their billing department is the absolute worst. And this applied not only to their cellular plans, but to their high speed DSL and Uverse. An absolute joke. Unfortunately, the alternatives aren't a lot better, apparently.
I've actually always been relatively happy with Verizon, which surprises even myself considering all those companies are awful.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

take it from someone who gets mad and has no issue breaking a contract, paying $300 to get away from "their unrealistic, put me through hell pain and torture" and buy another phone just to give another service a try.

they all suck. the best you can hope for is to limit the pain.

as for rolling over 1 month. who cares? if people knew how to hook to wireless at home and hot spots and did proper security you'd not care if you only had 5 gig a month. my brother came to visit once and he was bragging about unlimited data. I said "I have it too on my phone, my tablet, my tv, and everything else going through my wireless connection" and he had no idea how to put his phone on wireless.

are they really giving you a benefit you'll use? if so for whatever reason, great. or are they just moving stuff around to give a perceived benefit?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've actually always been relatively happy with Verizon, which surprises even myself considering all those companies are awful.

Yeah. That's the one I'm going to move us over to, once our last contract runs out. I agree with iceberg that there is no good solution, but at some point there's got to be a price to pay for incompetence, even if I end up just running a circuit of incompetence. Once one of them learns how to run a business, I"ll be a customer for life.

I had Verizon back in the day and didn't hate them. They had issues at the time with dropping calls inexplicably between zones, and I remember I couldn't press through their stupid vm auto-attendant (had to listen to the whole message every time, which sounds stupid, but drove me nuts.:)). They're reportedly the best of the bad options here in the bay area, so it's time to move over. Good to hear you don't hate them.