At what point can we build this team through the draft, and free agency?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This building through the draft thing from the Cowboys has netted us some good players, but the results are the same. We pay our own talent, but miss out on talent from other players in the league that could help these drafted players to get us wins. Do the Cowboys not realize that they need more than just these drafted players. We need more, we need to stop complaining about what we don't have, and do the opposite of what we've been doing over the last several years. I hope things change, maybe with the extra money teams will have with the TV deals will motivate them to spend.

I'm not advocating to sign EVERY big name player every year, but at least try instead of saying we can't do it! You never know what you can do in life until you try!!! Please give your thoughts

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
This building through the draft thing from the Cowboys has netted us some good players, but the results are the same. We pay our own talent, but miss out on talent from other players in the league that could help these drafted players to get us wins. Do the Cowboys not realize that they need more than just these drafted players. We need more, we need to stop complaining about what we don't have, and do the opposite of what we've been doing over the last several years. I hope things change, maybe with the extra money teams will have with the TV deals will motivate them to spend.

I'm not advocating to sign EVERY big name player every year, but at least try instead of saying we can't do it! You never know what you can do in life until you try!!! Please give your thoughts
It would be nice if we started now, eh?

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
It'll happen as soon as Jerry grows a paid and is willing to risk a proactive trade of a star player. Trading Parsons would not have been my first choice, but at this point I would be willing to flip him for picks so that I now have a couple extra premium picks and an extra $20-40M to play with.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It'll happen as soon as Jerry grows a paid and is willing to risk a proactive trade of a star player. Trading Parsons would not have been my first choice, but at this point I would be willing to flip him for picks so that I now have a couple extra premium picks and an extra $20-40M to play with.
I agree but this type of creative and aggressive thinking would never occur to the Emperor and his giggling son.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
you have me drooling right now!!!!!!!! I mean other teams have done it, so what Jerry, get out of your old drunk ways, make the big move, rebuild this team!! We are PLAYERS away from anything good. Stop paying all this money only to have these players kill our cap and see their play decline

kskboys

Reaction score

When we walk away from Dak. More wheel spinning until then.

Might have a ray of hope if we'd hire someone like Bellychickens.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
When we walk away from Dak. More wheel spinning until then.

Might have a ray of hope if we'd hire someone like Bellychickens.
agree with this!!! Maybe we draft a decent QB in one of these rounds, Dak says, hey backup, my fingernails hurt, I'm going to sit out 3 games, the young QB lights the field up, and Dak never gets his job back!!!!!?

kskboys

Reaction score

Can you imagine our team if we'd have not drafted Taco/Schooner/Kelvin/Mazi/Trysten/Sam Williams? Think of how many draft picks that is, straight down the drain. Contrary to what several scream to the heavens many times/day, we are not a good drafting team. We throw blindfolded darts and get lucky some.

Creeper

Reaction score
Jerry seems pretty entrenched right now so I do not see him dipping into free agency anytime soon.

Free agency is a tool, not an answer. When they have a good team and specific holes to fill in the roster, I think free agency is teh right answer. Signing 1 or two in the offseason to me is not going crazy, it just makes sense.

I believe if they can upgrade any position, especially weaknesses, through free agency they should make it happen. DTs for example, are better taken in free agency than the draft where the Cowboys have not been very good drafting them.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can you imagine our team if we'd have not drafted Taco/Schooner/Kelvin/Mazi/Trysten/Sam Williams? Think of how many draft picks that is, straight down the drain. Contrary to what several scream to the heavens many times/day, we are not a good drafting team. We throw blindfolded darts and get lucky some.
Kind of sounds like every NFL team could have those regrets, but we're cowboys fans not fans of every NFL team. I agree, extremely wasted picks, wasted time and effort on these players. Some of these guys played minimal time, or only made flash plays at times, wasn't worth the pick at all

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jerry seems pretty entrenched right now so I do not see him dipping into free agency anytime soon.

Free agency is a tool, not an answer. When they have a good team and specific holes to fill in the roster, I think free agency is teh right answer. Signing 1 or two in the offseason to me is not going crazy, it just makes sense.

I believe if they can upgrade any position, especially weaknesses, through free agency they should make it happen. DTs for example, are better taken in free agency than the draft where the Cowboys have not been very good drafting them.
I love this part!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Kind of sounds like every NFL team could have those regrets, but we're cowboys fans not fans of every NFL team. I agree, extremely wasted picks, wasted time and effort on these players. Some of these guys played minimal time, or only made flash plays at times, wasn't worth the pick at all
Not the successful ones. The teams that are in contention gladly scooped up the players we should've taken. The last one was Tavondre Sweat, whom Zimmer was screaming for. He's beasting mightily down in TENN.

kskboys

Reaction score
you have me drooling right now!!!!!!!! I mean other teams have done it, so what Jerry, get out of your old drunk ways, make the big move, rebuild this team!! We are PLAYERS away from anything good. Stop paying all this money only to have these players kill our cap and see their play decline
We are. Those players I named being drafted is why our DLine sucks and why we can't run the ball and why we have no LB's.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not the successful ones. The teams that are in contention gladly scooped up the players we should've taken. The last one was Tavondre Sweat, whom Zimmer was screaming for. He's beasting mightily down in TENN.
yeah but in this system would he be the same player????? We'd be screaming Mazi 2.0

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We are. Those players I named being drafted is why our DLine sucks and why we can't run the ball and why we have no LB's.
They mentioned Jerry talking about needing to fix the run and stopping the run at the draft workouts etc in Mobile, only to NOT do anything to fix it