Reaction score
Atlanta lost 24-6 at Carolina, will want revenge

Beat Carolina both times last year

Bitter rivals, Falcons will want to keep Carolina out of playoffs

Falcons are still matematically alive, so will play to win

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
All that I have heard was that they were eliminated today.

jsond

Reaction score
I have much more hope in Carolina losing than Washington..Philly is horrible, and division foe or not, its obvious they just want this season to end. Didn't Carolina lose to New Orleans last year when a win would have put them in the playoffs? Don't know if thats good or bad if true. On one hand they will be so determined not to let it happen again. On the other hand if it is a close game, doubt could creep in.

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Atlanta (8-7), which hosts Carolina next week, remained mathematically alive in the playoff race but will need to beat the Panthers and gets lots of help from other teams to earn a wild-card spot.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Falcons are out. No math can help them.

NorthDalal

Reaction score
Incorrect. ATL remains mathematically alive according to NFL.com wgame writeup just posted.They will bring their "A" game Sunday.

alancdc

Reaction score
Carolina has NEVER beaten Vick in Atlanta. The Falcons will come to play evern though they can't get to the playoffs. These teams do not like each other.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
NorthDalal said:
Incorrect. ATL remains mathematically alive according to NFL.com wgame writeup just posted.

The game writeup is wrong. The best Atlanta can finish is 9-7. Five teams already have 10 wins, and two more (Dallas and Washington) have nine wins. The Vikings have eight with two games left. Even if the Falcons win, Washington loses, Dallas loses and Minnesota loses out, Washington would beat Atlanta in the tiebreaker (9-3 in the NFC to 6-6 in the NFC). Atlanta is out.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
The game writeup is wrong. The best Atlanta can finish is 9-7. Five teams already have 10 wins, and two more (Dallas and Washington) have nine wins. The Vikings have eight with two games left. Even if the Falcons win, Washington loses, Dallas loses and Minnesota loses out, Washington would beat Atlanta in the tiebreaker (9-3 in the NFC to 6-6 in the NFC). Atlanta is out.

Thank you, now can we put this to rest :rolleyes:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
the fact remains

bitter rivals, and ATl will be looking to knock Carolina into the same boat as them

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
percyhoward said:
Can Carolina get in even if they lose, or is it a must-win for them?

If we lose or the Commanders lose, they can get in even with a loss.