ATTN: Netflix users.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
And I am one.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11262292/from/RS.3/

Netflix typically sends about 13 movies per month to Villanueva's home in Warren, Mich. — down from the 18 to 22 DVDs he once received before the company's automated system identified him as a heavy renter and began delaying his shipments to protect its profits.

I've never had a problem. But me and my GF go thru a lot of movies. We'll see if our service slows down.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
DANTHEMAN said:
And I am one.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11262292/from/RS.3/

I've never had a problem. But me and my GF go thru a lot of movies. We'll see if our service slows down.

It does. I cancelled because of it. I'm trying Blockbuster now. My popular new releases were originally only on "wait" for a day or two. I went on a movie craze for about two months, and suddenly popular movies were on hold for at least a week. It took me almost a month to have Star Wars Episode 3 available. :mad:

AceofSpades

Reaction score
I 've had it just over a month and have definitely noticed the delay.

If they keep it up I'm switching to Blockbuster.

Zippy Speedster

Reaction score
Huh, I have noticed as time goes on that more and more new releases seem to be backed up on NetFlix. Interesting. Think I'm switching to blockbuster anyway. That one free in-store rental per week is definately a nice catch.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I have always been a Netflix fan and have considered them quite good.

They essentially dominated Blockbusters in store nonsense of 5 bucks a movie plus high late fees.

A user getting 22 movies a month is pretty high Getting 12 or 13 is still pretty high and about what I get. I'd consider upping my subscription with them were I getting 20+ movies. Since shipping is free that is a real killing for them.

I wouldn't trust Blockbuster(tho would consider working for them) as they are extremely business orientated. If they were to chase Netflix outta business you can bet they would up prices and decrease service. Any company who has actually lost class action lawsuits is a bad bet.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
Netflix has lost a class action lawsuit (Well settled).

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/10/netflix.renters.ap/index.html
Without acknowledging wrongdoing, the company agreed to provide a one-month rental upgrade and pay Chavez's attorneys $2.5 million. But the settlement sparked protests that prompted the two sides to reconsider. A hearing on a revised settlement proposal is scheduled for Feb. 22 in San Francisco Superior Court.

I just started with Netflix and have to admit I am not too happy so far. Our first shipment only shipped one of the two movies. One got "lost" in the mail, and we never received despite them saying they had shipped a replacement. The next shipment had a movie what was so scratched up, we wound up only seeing a quarter of it :(. So out of six movies in 6 weeks, we have seen 4!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I've been with Netflix for about 2 years (maybe more, can't remember) and have never had a problem.