Audio: Aikman on The Michael Irvin Show

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Troy Aikman on The Michael Irvin Show

Been checking out The Michael Irvin Show on WQAM in Miami recently and it's great. Mike has had on a ton of guests which you can check out here.

Here's the interview he did on Aug 4th with Troy Aikman...

Aikman on The Irvin Show

The possibility of Troy Aikman throwing passes as a Philadelphia Eagle makes me sick. Thank the football Gods this never materialized and Troy stayed in broadcasting.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Now you get out of my head. :)

Yeah, Troy is one of my favorites of all time, and probably the most impressive player I've ever seen play in person. But if he puts on an Eagles uniform, I have to scratch him off the list.

Emmitt and the Cards? Who cares. Those stupid green uniforms, degenerate fans, and Fat Andy are a whole 'nother thing.

JBS

Reaction score
who is this mystery team Aikman almost signed w the following season? the year after Mcnabb got hurt

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
What teams had coaches that Aikman was familiar with in 2003?

He said he thought they would be good, but they weren't.

Washington, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Tampa, Atlanta, San Fran, Arizona, Oakland, San Diego, Jacksonville, Houston, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Buffalo and New York were all sub .500 teams.

Oakland maybe? Pittsburgh?

JBS

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3483451 said:
What teams had coaches that Aikman was familiar with in 2003?

He said he thought they would be good, but they weren't.

Washington, New York, Chicago, Detroit, Tampa, Atlanta, San Fran, Arizona, Oakland, San Diego, Jacksonville, Houston, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Buffalo and New York were all sub .500 teams.

Oakland maybe? Pittsburgh?

Who out of those teams were supposed to be good in 03?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
GloryDaysRBack;3483453 said:
Who out of those teams were supposed to be good in 03?

Oakland and Pitt were probably the two that failed to live up to expectations.

The real question is which team had coaches he was familiar with?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
GloryDaysRBack;3483438 said:
who is this mystery team Aikman almost signed w the following season? the year after Mcnabb got hurt
Wasn't it Philly? That is what I remember.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3483465 said:
Wasn't it Philly? That is what I remember.

No in the interview he says that he got an offer from Philly in 2002, but the next year, in the summer of 2003 he was working out and going to make a serious comeback, but the GM did not pull the trigger and sign him.

xpistofer

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3483467 said:
No in the interview he says that he got an offer from Philly in 2002, but the next year, in the summer of 2003 he was working out and going to make a serious comeback, but the GM did not pull the trigger and sign him.

Kansas City

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
xpistofer;3483499 said:
Kansas City

Kansas City went 13-3 in 2003. Aikman said that it was good he didnt sign, because "the team did not have the success that I thought they would have"

For whatever reason, I think it might be Pittsburgh but I have no idea.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3483539 said:
Kansas City went 13-3 in 2003. Aikman said that it was good he didnt sign, because "the team did not have the success that I thought they would have"

I remember rumors the Raiders were interested in him.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
It was the Dolphins. I remember rumblings about it back then.

Dave Wannstedt was the head coach at that time and none other than Norv Turner was the Asst Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator.

Troy said he was familiar and had worked with the coaches before. That was it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;3483539 said:

I think it was the Dolphins.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
CowboyMike;3483557 said:
It was the Dolphins. I remember rumblings about it back then.

Dave Wannstedt was the head coach at that time and none other than Norv Turner was the Asst Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator.

Troy said he was familiar and had worked with the coaches before. That was it.

Good call. Thanks sir. In all honesty I kind of like the Dolphins, and that would be one of the FEW teams I wouldn't have cringed seeing him in that uni.

Not to mention, I can't help but believe that team would have been better than 10-6 with Aikman over Jay Feely.

However, he said that the team didn't do as well as he thought. 10-6 is a good record. Not saying you're wrong, as Miami makes perfect sense with the coaches and all that, but 10-6 is a good record.

One more thing, if he had signed with Miami in 2003, he would have made a return to Texas Stadium week 13 as a Dolphin. Oh wow.