Audio: Broaddus talks McCoy/Cowboys draft on GAC

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
The draft is getting closer and closer folks! Here's Bryan Broaddus on with Galloway and Company today to talk about Colt McCoy's Pro Day and what the Cowboys are looking to do in the draft...

Bryan Broaddus on GAC - April 1, 2010

I know it's not exciting, but if the Cowboys can find someone to give them a first round pick to get into that #27 spot I would jump on that trade right away.

There will be plenty of guys in the 2nd and 3rd round who can help this team this season as they come in as backups and hopefully develop into starters down the line. I know most fans want a Safety or an Offensive Lineman with that pick, but just because he's a first rounder doesn't mean he steps onto the roster as a starter.

The guys who came in for visits, read here.

You've already seen some names mentioned as visitors: Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant, Penn State linebackers Sean Lee and Navarro Bowman, LSU wide receiver Brandon LaFell, Kentucky fullback John Conner and Idaho guard Mike Iupati but we've been able to track down a few more:

Penn State defensive end Jared Odrick, Wake Forest cornerback Brandon Ghee, Georgia Tech safety Morgan Burnett and Ohio wide receiver Taylor Price.
One of those Penn State LB's could be on this team after the draft for sure. Very doubtful that Mike Iupati will be there for the Cowboys at the #27 spot because he's considered the best Guard in this draft. If the Cowboys do go Offensive Lineman in round one then I would think they could possible go after Burnett in round two. Might have to trade up a bit to get him though.

And as they talked about in the audio Arrelious Benn from Illinois was also in for a visit. He's a big WR with speed and may remind people of Miles Austin. He won't make it past the 2nd round, but he's an interesting prospect because he never had good QB'ing at Illinois.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Great stuff. I must say I'm very intrigued by Sean Lee. Sounds like a Wade Phillips kind of ILB.

I was very intrigued by Johnny Knox last year. So getting Taylor Price, a very similar player, would be a good move.