Audio: Brooking takes a shot at Reid/Eagles Offense

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Keith Brooking had a nice visit with Galloway and Company today...

Brooking on GAC - April 1, 2010

First thing. Keith Brooking is thru and thru a 'Wade Phillips' guy to the core, lol.

That whole thing about the defense not playing well in Minny. He can't seem to admit it, but he will admit that they gave up some big plays which was inconsistent with what they were doing all season.

I get it. He's a good guy and he's sticking up for his team. But I know and you the defense and the offense walked into Minny and stunk it up big time on that day.

On the Hamlin stuff. So he couldn't get any flights from L.A. to Dallas between Sunday and Monday Night? LOL. Brooking isn't going to start any BS with his teammates on the radio and we all know it. I think he's genuine though in his thoughts about wanting to see the guys all be in attendance and getting ready for the 2010 season. It's the attitude of 'You are either with me, or against me'. I did wonder about his thoughts about guys missing because of contract stuff. Nothing has come out about any Cowboys missing workouts this past week because they stayed away due to issues with money, but you never know when something can come out about it. Maybe he was just speaking about NFL players in general.

Calling out Andy Reid basically with those Eagles comments. This defense knew what the Eagles were going to be throwing out and finally they had enough good players to shut it down. Yeah, I am talking to you Anthony Henry and Roy Williams.

Good stuff from Brooking.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
This is part of the reason that fans who consider themselves more than casual observers of the game can't stand the media. They talk too much while knowing so little.

Why would he admit to the defense playing poorly when in fact it did not? Minnies first series was a 3 and out. They scored TDs on their next 2 series. Both on semi fluke plays. They also scored a field goal when our offense turned the ball over in our territory. But from Minnie's 2nd TD all the way to the 4th quarter, they couldn't get jack done on our D. This was a D that was playing with one of the most inept offensive showings any team put out all of last year, the decript bills included.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
newnationcb;3328216 said:
This is part of the reason that fans who consider themselves more than casual observers of the game can't stand the media. They talk too much while knowing so little.

Why would he admit to the defense playing poorly when in fact it did not? Minnies first series was a 3 and out. They scored TDs on their next 2 series. Both on semi fluke plays. They also scored a field goal when our offense turned the ball over in our territory. But from Minnie's 2nd TD all the way to the 4th quarter, they couldn't get jack done on our D. This was a D that was playing with one of the most inept offensive showings any team put out all of last year, the decript bills included.

You're right.

Someone tell the Vikings those two TD's on the fluke plays don't count.

:lmao:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
"You don't pick up and start from where you left off or where you ended." --Keith Brooking

I wish a segment of our fans understood this concept. They literally witnessed the 44-6 loss to Philly from 2008 not matter in 2009, and still they spout 34-3 as if it does.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
Didn't Romo say something to Trotter about him shifting over before the snap. Like he was telling Trotter where to go in their defense.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;3328222 said:
You're right.

He didn't say they didn't count. He said they weren't evidence of the D playing all that badly under the circumstances. And he's right.

You can't just point to the final score and determine how each area of the team performed on a given day.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Idgit;3328253 said:
He didn't say they didn't count. He said they weren't evidence of the D playing all that badly under the circumstances. And he's right.

You can't just point to the final score and determine how each area of the team performed on a given day.

Dont argue, once DC thinks hes right on something no mere fact can change it.

Yes it was the offense stinking the joint after Flo went down, yes it was the D that was on the FIELD WAY to much and just had so much thrown at it due to the poor offense. No one else is going to see it any other way.

ejthedj

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3328222 said:
You're right.

Man, the more you post, the more respect I lose for you. He never said that... and you are wrong. The D did not play bad that day... they had no help, lots of turnovers against them, and some fluke plays. Any D who is on the field all day will wear down. They held the running game in check and were really frustrating Farve early on.

You need some new glasses and a better attitude

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jswalker1981;3328251 said:
Didn't Romo say something to Trotter about him shifting over before the snap. Like he was telling Trotter where to go in their defense.
Yep. Our coaches flat out had our guys prepared beyond the norm.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Hostile;3328236 said:
"You don't pick up and start from where you left off or where you ended." --Keith Brooking

I wish a segment of our fans understood this concept. They literally witnessed the 44-6 loss to Philly from 2008 not matter in 2009, and still they spout 34-3 as if it does.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
ejthedj;3328258 said:
Man, the more you post, the more respect I lose for you. He never said that... and you are wrong. The D did not play bad that day... they had no help, lots of turnovers against them, and some fluke plays. Any D who is on the field all day will wear down. They held the running game in check and were really frustrating Farve early on.

You need some new glasses and a better attitude

:laugh2: Making plenty of new friends I see DC. How's my favorite Met fan doing? Excited about the possibility of facing my Dodgers this year? :D

What was the topic again?:banjo: :p:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I think the offense killed us in the Minny game. Anybody who has ever played the game will admit that momentum is a gigantic factor. And when you get the ball and drive and then miss a FG, that is a TEAM letdown and the other team seems to score quite often in response to that.

YAKUZA

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3328280 said:
Something about not being mad at Ken Hamlin...

Guys always tend to plead the 5th on the perceived contract negotiation actions of other players. That's nothing new. They mutually respect that aspect of a guy standing for his livelihood. In Ken's case, he's just a dumb ***. I'm sure Keith thinks it but the bigger man won't ever comment on stuff like that to the mediots... (like I am telling u something u don't already know)...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The funny thing is, I think there's a fair chance Hamlin gets cut anyway, making it all moot.

Anyway... Nice location. I just saw that. :laugh2:

Doomsay

Reaction score
Actually, how you finish matters.

Favre, 134 rating. Deal with it.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Doomsay;3328302 said:
Actually, how you finish matters.

Favre, 134 rating. Deal with it.

Favre at home watching the Super Bowl?