Audio: Clarence Hill Jr. on Irvin Show - 12/1/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
This is a very exciting week for everyone surrounding the Cowboys so I expect there to be a ton of coverage of this matchup on Sunday.

Here's Clarence Hill Jr. on The Michael Irvin Show talking Cowboys...

Hill Jr. on Irvin Show

The weather and that crappy field in Pittsburgh will make this a muddy slugfest from start to finish. If you are old school you will love this kind of game!

I think our tandem of MBIII and Tashard Choice can handle the load in that type of game because it's always harder for defenders to find their footing while in chase mode. The offensive line just has to make sure to get a body on a body and tie up free defenders.

I love Michael Irvin, but I disagree with him on this Roy Williams issue. The last thing I want to hear right now is Roy complaining about his role in the offense. He's still new to Romo so that's the biggest reason why he's not getting a lot of looks in the offense just yet. It's way too early to start judging whether or not Roy has enough passion. We need to let the kid get comfortable in the offense and get his mojo with Romo. Now let's hope it happens sooner rather than later and hopefully he can be a bigger part of the gameplan in the next four games.

Bring on the Steelers!!!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
we've run the ball like crap lately against 2 bad teams though. were a finesse offense and that doesn't bold well for us unless Romo can make some big plays.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Rampage;2455726 said:
we've run the ball like crap lately against 2 bad teams though. were a finesse offense and that doesn't bold well for us unless Romo can make some big plays.

I think being at home and taking what those defenses give you has a lot to do with it. Romo also racked up a ton of yards in those games, and we had some big plays, which ultimately take away running opportunities.

We ran it pretty well against Washington, on the road, in the 2nd matchup wouldn't you say? We'll need that again to have a chance of beating Pittsburgh.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Rampage;2455726 said:

I wouldn't at all call us a finesse offense.

The WRs doing all the damage are huge physical guys then of course the OL and Barber are insanely physical. When we have struggled in the running game it has been smaller defenders shooting gaps.

In fact if we have an issue it is that we are not finesse enough, finesse generally is more technique savvy and efficient. We are big play oriented which is both good and bad but we need to play with more finesse this week and take what we are given and avoid mistakes.

I love that our offense sees a 3-4 all year long.
Advantage us: IMHO.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2455718 said:
I love Michael Irvin, but I disagree with him on this Roy Williams issue.

What Roy Williams Issue? Is Roy Williams complaining that he is not getting enough balls thrown his way? Or is this instead something that Irvin is making a bigger deal of on his show than it really is within the locker room? Does anyone have any inside perspective?

Dodger12

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2455814 said:
What Roy Williams Issue? Is Roy Williams complaining that he is not getting enough balls thrown his way? Or is this instead something that Irvin is making a bigger deal of on his show than it really is within the locker room? Does anyone have any inside perspective?

Irvin brought up some interesting points regarding RWII. Basicaly, he said that if he's a #1 WR playing the #2, he should have monster numbers. He used Marvin Harrison/Reggie Wayne as an example. Kevin Kiley, as usual, took the opposite side, putting it on Romo, saying that Romo had get the ball to Roy Williams and would get him the ball if he was open to which Mike responded that if RWII is a #1 WR, then he should be getting open. Kind of hard to argue with that logic.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2455814 said:

No, Roy is not complaining at all and Irvin is kind of wondering why.

But Irvin is just trying to make the point that Roy needs to be more involved in the offense from here on out if the Cowboys want to win the next four games.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Dodger12;2455860 said:
Irvin brought up some interesting points regarding RWII. Basicaly, he said that if he's a #1 WR playing the #2, he should have monster numbers. He used Marvin Harrison/Reggie Wayne as an example. Kevin Kiley, as usual, took the opposite side, putting it on Romo, saying that Romo had get the ball to Roy Williams and would get him the ball if he was open to which Mike responded that if RWII is a #1 WR, then he should be getting open. Kind of hard to argue with that logic.

Ok, but if T.O. and RW are both open then that may explain why T.O. has been getting the ball and puting up "monster" numbers.

Basically, if RW is not complaining then I'm not worried. As far as Irvin's point goes, he has a show to do, and if the complaint is about "which" WR should get the glory, over why aren't either of them getting it, then I'll live with that complIning as long as the whole WR corps is making plays as a unit.

Dodger12

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;2455904 said:
Ok, but if T.O. and RW are both open then that may explain why T.O. has been getting the ball and puting up "monster" numbers.

Basically, if RW is not complaining then I'm not worried. As far as Irvin's point goes, he has a show to do, and if the complaint is about "which" WR should get the glory, over why aren't either of them getting it, then I'll live with that complIning as long as the whole WR corps is making plays as a unit.

I'm going off my recollection but I never got the impression that RWII was complaining. It kind of surprised me that Mike was being as "critical" with Roy Williams as he was. It wasn't so much about who got the glory, but that RWII should have better numers as a #1 WR playing the #2 position.

Ultimately, I'm with you **: As long as we're winning, I don't care who gets the ball. But I'm hoping that RWII has a huge game and is able to contribute down the stretch. If anything, that'll give teams another weapon to worry about.