Audio: Crayton in locker room today

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Patrick Crayton - Oct 21, 2009
-----------------------

I have bashed this man more than a few times on here because he's got a big mouth.

But he's taking the high road here and as a Cowboy's fan I think he's being the ultimate team player.

He deserved a quick meeting from Ray Sherman or Jason Garrett to show him they still know he can help the team going forward.

Good job Crayton. Piss poor job by Wade, Jerry and Garrett.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3027759 said:
-----------------------

I have bashed this man more than a few times on here because he's got a big mouth.

But he's taking the high road here and as a Cowboy's fan I think he's being the ultimate team player.

He deserved a quick meeting from Ray Sherman or Jason Garrett to show him they still know he can help the team going forward.

Wow!!! Those guys are stone idiots. I feel for Crayton. The guy can definitely excel out of the slot position. I'm flabbergasted that no one has clearly defined his "new" role to him... yet they're willing to make little comments to the press... LAME

Crayton: If you give up a 1st, a 3rd, and a 6th for a guy... He's gotta play.
Translation: They were in la la land when they reached out and got RW11.

landryscorner

Reaction score
This will cause little noise in cowboys nation and the NFL. Eventhough he does open his mouth too much he's still not as bad as TO and NFL fans don't really hate him that much once the media realizes this they will leave the guy alone. But yah look Crayton it's the same thing all over sports you got beat out by Austin it sure won't be the last time this happens in Dallas but I agree with everyone else...our coaches SUCK and they are all touchy feely not trying to hurt players feelings...this is the WRONG approach...be honest with a player and let him know what the deal is.

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
The only reason he is not as bad as TO at talking smack with the media is because nobody gives a care about what he has to say....

It is messed up if no coach told him that he wasnt going to start anymore, but keep it to yourself bro. Why are you going to the media? What are you trying to do with that ? Here we go again with Crayton now trying to split the lockerroom... This is how it starts.

BTW he shouldve known he wasn't going to start vs. the Falcons when he muffed that punt and failed to gain more than 2 yards per punt. He was complacent and felt that he couldnt lose the job. Everyone is replaceable Crayton. Good message to send out to the team. STOP TALKING SMACK BRO! YOU LOST THAT POSTITION, IT WASN'T TAKEN AWAY!

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
Bleu Star;3027822 said:
Wow!!! Those guys are stone idiots. I feel for Crayton. The guy can definitely excel out of the slot position. I'm flabbergasted that no one has clearly defined his "new" role to him... yet they're willing to make little comments to the press... LAME

Crayton: If you give up a 1st, a 3rd, and a 6th for a guy... He's gotta play.
Translation: They were in la la land when they reached out and got RW11.

I think they havent told him he wasnt starting because he may have had to start if RW11 wasnt ready to go. I dont think they did it on purpose. I wish they did. Its a good message to send that if you risk losing us a game with your mistakes then you risk losing your job without notice..

Messed up is your stuff in a box and leave your playbook...

I hope this motivates him rather than discourage him. He can make plays when he needs to.

Im glad this is happening now rather than in the playoffs. I cant deal with him dropping another first down vs the giants game....

NinePointOh

Reaction score
landryscorner;3027911 said:
This will cause little noise in cowboys nation and the NFL. Eventhough he does open his mouth too much he's still not as bad as TO and NFL fans don't really hate him that much once the media realizes this they will leave the guy alone.

And yet, the link on ESPN's front page reads: "Cowboys' Crayton calls out coaches." The media will always make noise about the Dallas Cowboys, whether or not there's something worth making noise about.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
If he doesn't be quiet soon-they should sit for the game for conduct detrimental to the team. It's time to reward positive play with more playing time. No more sense of entitlement.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;3028066 said:
If he doesn't be quiet soon-they should sit for the game for conduct detrimental to the team. It's time to reward positive play with more playing time. No more sense of entitlement.

:hammer:

This is the root of a lot of the problems that have been plaguing the cowboys recently. The only thing that a player deserve is his pay check and you can make an argument how some don't even deserve that.

Some of the same hypocrites ridicule a player for asking "What is my role" yet now they are sobbing in their coffee over Crayton.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
adbutcher;3028095 said:
:hammer:

This is the root of a lot of the problems that have been plaguing the cowboys recently. The only thing that a player deserve is his pay check and you can make an argument how some don't even deserve that.

Some of the same hypocrites ridicule a player for asking "What is my role" yet now they are sobbing in their coffee over Crayton.

And out in Oakland Ellis just chuckles...

ROUSH8692

Reaction score
lol and the raiders are ranked 32 in the league in almost every aspect of play except pass offense. Their pass offense is 31 in the league....

Whos chuckling now Ellis. Chuckle Chuckle....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phillips disputed the notion that Crayton wasn't informed of his demotion before practice.

"We discussed it with him," Phillips said. "I have no doubt about that."

One reporter really pressed Phillips on the topic, asking him if he felt like he was "patronizing" Crayton. Phillips finally escaped by saying he thought Crayton would "take it the right way."

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
ROUSH8692;3028141 said:
lol and the raiders are ranked 32 in the league in almost every aspect of play except pass offense. Their pass offense is 31 in the league....

Whos chuckling now Ellis. Chuckle Chuckle....

Not sure how this is relevant to the point.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So the fact that the Raiders as a team stink is relevant to the conversation about a player being villified for wondering what his roll is?

Still not getting it...

Ren

Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;3028066 said:

He's not complaining about being benched he's complaining about the lack of balls shown by our coaching staff for not telling him. If your going to demote someone at least have the decency to tell them

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3027759 said:
-----------------------

I'm a big fan of Crayton but he is wrong for whining to press about this situation. He is not new to the Cowboys, so he knows how any little controversy will get blown way out of proportion by the likes of Werder and the rest of the Dallas media. Shame on him.

Crayton stop your whining and just play better!

Crad|e

Reaction score
Crayton wouldn't start for any other team in the league.. what gives him the right to go to the media about this situation? Seriously, Austins upside is way more than Craytons will ever be..

Crayton doesn't bring fear to any defense.. he has the speed of a TE and his hands seem to be getting worse. He's acting like he was the #1 WR on this team and im sick of him saying we gave a 1st, 3rd, and 6th for RW.. what is he a GM now?

I'd flat out cut this guy.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
To the poster who said if Crayton keeps this up he should be benched for actions detrimental to the team - I agree. Don't kill me, but Werder said yesterday in his rant that the Cowboy's coaches needed to be tougher and not nutless bovines. It worked for Brandon Marshall. I agree with Werdsak that we need to be tougher.

Now how did Crayton find out about the demotion? Was he lining up in drills and Miles cut right in front of him?

Crayton - "Miles *** are you doing?"
Miles - "Coach told me to jump in front of you"
Crayton - "OH HELLS NO! JASON....JAAAASON" :)