Audio: Emmitt explains things on Irvin Show

Dodger12

Reaction score
Drederick Tatum;2934532 said:
I also thought it was intellectually dishonest of Michael Irvin to intimate that Roy Williams made unprovoked statements about Emmitt including the "diamond among trash" statement. If Roy did mention that it was probably in response to a question about Emmitt saying something about him, it makes no sense for Roy to pop-off about Emmitt spontaneously, I am glad Emmitt didn't go for the bait on that one.

I don't think Irvin insinuated that it was unproked at all. The point is that Roy should have said nothing. Emmitt called out Romo as well but Romo responded in a more diplomatic way and put out the fire. Taking pot shots at former players and future HOFers when you've done absolutely nothing in a Cowboys uniform won't get you a whole lot of sympathy, especially considering what it cost to bring RW here.

Chocolate Lab;2934537 said:
Totally agree with that. I thought it was pure rabble-rousing for Irvin to ask, "How did it feel for Roy to call out a legend like yourself when he's never done anything in the league?"

Smelled like he wanted Emmitt to reply with another shot at Roy so he'd have more controversy to talk about.

It was a valid question by Irvin. Roy didn't need to go there but there but he did. I'd love to see Roy Williams be the receiver that I know he can be but he doesn't have any skins on the wall to be critical of anything. And in another RW interview posted on CZ, Roy questions, in essence, why the Dallas fans are so critical of Roy because they should be familiar with his talent and what he did in college, also mentioning that he holds two receiving records at Texas or something like that. Newsflash, this isn't college and after 200 receiving yards in 10 games, people are going to be critical.

FRDRCK

DeWare94
Reaction score
i just watched an emmitt smith highlight film and decided he can say whatever the hell he wants

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2934520 said:
Emmitt makes a bunch of nonsensical comments, as usual.

He says we don't have the chemistry... Yet we did everything possible this offseason to improve the chemistry.

He says we're tired of this team talking about how good they're going to be... Yet everyone has kept his mouth shut this offseason.

He says chemistry is more important than talent... Yet he then claims our window is closing because we're losing talent.

Finally, he acts like his words were twisted, when he's the one who clearly said we could probably win seven games.

The only thing he made sense about was when he admitted that he doesn't really know what the chemistry is like because he's not around the team, and when he admitted that maybe the old teams spoiled him.

When Emmitt left Dallas, he became a Commanders fan.