Audio: Jimmy says we have no shot - 10/31/08

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
THis is great. I love how this is setting up.

Jimmy last year December said the eagles had no shot at beating us in Texas Stadium.

He also said it the year before on christmas when the eagles came to town.

I hope they insult this team all weekend and over and over for the next two weeks.

COWBOYSNUM1

Reaction score
Here are a few other things he had to say about the Cowboys.
  • Sloppy football team
  • Not very physical (out physicalled by the Commanders)
  • Too many turnover and penalties
  • Have problems with our Special Teams
  • Lot of great individual players, but only a pretty good team
  • Thinks they are more interested in posing for Hard Knocks than playing football

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
COWBOYSNUM1;2387509 said:
  • Sloppy football team
  • Thinks they are more interested in posing for Hard Knocks than playing football

For the most part he is right... I would take a less sloppy football team and things change dramatically..... thats even before I go to his other bullet points.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
YoMick;2387520 said:
For the most he is right... I would take a less sloppy football team and things change dramatically..... thats even before I go to his other bullet points.

He is right.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
theebs;2387522 said:
He is right.

Not on everything...

This is not a team of individuals. Its been displayed more than once. TO leading the charge I might add. The players on this team... well some are just dumb and they are stuck on dumb... that needs to change.

Hard Knocks has nothing to do with anything NOW... we are mid-season - that doesnt fly. He just threw it in their for fun.

stiletto

Reaction score
COWBOYSNUM1;2387509 said:
  • Sloppy football team

Again all that matters is that Jerry is having "FUN" again and not walking on eggshells -- so it's all good. It really is Jerr'uh's team! Woohoo for all of us!!

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the motivation, Jimmy. You are the best Cowboy motivator of all time.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2387577 said:
Thanks for the motivation, Jimmy. You are the best Cowboy motivator of all time.

Bingo!!! That's exactly what he's doing and he knows it....:hammer:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
YoMick;2387531 said:
Not on everything...

This is not a team of individuals. Its been displayed more than once. TO leading the charge I might add. The players on this team... well some are just dumb and they are stuck on dumb... that needs to change.

Hard Knocks has nothing to do with anything NOW... we are mid-season - that doesnt fly. He just threw it in their for fun.
Hardly. He's mentioned Hard Knocks multiple times. He said a week or two ago that he'd forget about regular practice and treat each week like it was training camp.

The Cowboys have done nothing to dispel a single notion Jimmy laid out. We just don't like it. If the Cowboys were a team and not a collection of individuals, we wouldn't see them struggling like they have against vastly inferior teams.

Jimmy's close to 100% right. We have almost no shot against the Giants.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Mansta54;2387617 said:

No he's not. He's just saying what's wrong with the team and he's right. He's not trying to motivate the Cowboys. He's doing his job. Talk about taking a centrist view.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Mansta54;2387617 said:

Yeah im sure that's exactly what Jimmy intended by trashing our chances to a local NY radio station. :rolleyes:

Mansta54

Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2387681 said:
Yeah im sure that's exactly what Jimmy intended by trashing our chances to a local NY radio station. :rolleyes:

That's what I feel that he's doing. Is that ok with you? If not, get over it..;)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea I don't think he's trying to motivate Dallas. I think he truly believes the Cowboys don't have a chance. We have some guys with heart on this team. I love that people aren't taking inconsideration what the Cowboys did last week. I love how everyone thinks Eli will run all over us. I can't see this team not being effected by these comments. This game is a season changer. I hope they aren't looking foward to the bye.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Jimmy might be right on some things in principle, but the Hard Knocks criticism is lame. We came out of the gate 3-0. Whatever problems we might have, Hard Knocks wasn't one of them.

notherbob

Reaction score
stiletto;2387556 said:
Again all that matters is that Jerry is having "FUN" again and not walking on eggshells -- so it's all good. It really is Jerr'uh's team! Woohoo for all of us!!

Yeah, what's not to like? The Boys have lots of glitz and glitter and the Cowboys and Jerry's name are on every lip. Life is good. ;) :rolleyes:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2387696 said:
Jimmy might be right on some things in principle, but the Hard Knocks criticism is lame. We came out of the gate 3-0. Whatever problems we might have, Hard Knocks wasn't one of them.

Doesn't mean a thing, CL. Sloppy, sloppy football that eventually got exposed. Especially on the defensive side. Penalties which KILL us, that on any other team considered unacceptable yet continueto happen in every game, up to and including, the end of last year.

Hard Knocks was a major contribution. It let Jerry out of his box.

What two head coaches did we have when Hard Knocks were invited? It wasn't and never would be Jimmy and it wasn't and never would be Parcells. Why, I wonder?

Along the lines of "individual" players.............I think Jimmy was dead nuts. IMO, we've got 1 too many players looking to make "the" play instead of sticking to their assignments and playing team ball. They feel the need to stand out on a weekly basis and eventually get PAID. They know Jerry will drain his last well to accomodate them. We've all seen this.

Financially, as of the last two seasons, it reminds me of the Jerry/ Deion commercial. "What's it gonna be............15 million? 16 million"? To this, Deion reply's ........."Both." Not funny HA HA.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Oh, I was very much against Hard Knocks, believe me.

But still, when you start the year great, how can you blame training camp? If anything, maybe our practices during the season are lacking somehow. (Though I'm still not sure we won't get stronger at the end of this one, the way things are setting up.)