Audio: Ken Hamlin says Ball can become playmaker

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Ken Hamlin says Ball can become playmaker

Got a chance to record Ken Hamlin on Sirius NFL Radio tonight and as usual he was pretty complimentary about his old team...

Ken Hamlin talks Cowboys and Ravens

Hamlin was always about being a professional and making sure he was going to be in the game for a while. He's only supposed to be a backup in Baltimore, but you never know if Ed Reed will be able to stay healthy.

I would love to see a Cowboys vs Ravens Super Bowl this year and him playing Free Safety for them. And then I would love to see Felix Jones breaking two long TD runs in Cowboys Stadium against him and the Ravens defense as the Cowboys go on to win the championship.

Left pinky. I would give my left pinky to see that scenario play out, lol.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3442016 said:
Ball is doomed then.

He was doomed before this interview, though. I read it right here - OJ Atogwe is a TOP 3 SAFETY in the NFL and we missed him. We missed him!!

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I would love for Ball to play great. Why not, we got two great unheralded player at QB and WR.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;3442054 said:
He was doomed before this interview, though. I read it right here - OJ Atogwe is a TOP 3 SAFETY in the NFL and we missed him. We missed him!!

We didn't listen!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3442014 said:
Ken Hamlin says Ball can become playmaker

Got a chance to record Ken Hamlin on Sirius NFL Radio tonight and as usual he was pretty complimentary about his old team...

Ken Hamlin talks Cowboys and Ravens

Hamlin was always about being a professional and making sure he was going to be in the game for a while. He's only supposed to be a backup in Baltimore, but you never know if Ed Reed will be able to stay healthy.

I would love to see a Cowboys vs Ravens Super Bowl this year and him playing Free Safety for them. And then I would love to see Felix Jones breaking two long TD runs in Cowboys Stadium against him and the Ravens defense as the Cowboys go on to win the championship.

Left pinky. I would give my left pinky to see that scenario play out, lol.

not me DC i dont want to see ravens and us in superbowl, ken hamlin knows our offense too much and could be deciding factor in beating us in the superbowl, as well as our defense. but i always like your articles, say maybe cowboys-broncos for revenge last year or us and patriots-i think we can take patriots now-they are old team, super as always buddy

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
Hamlin would make no difference--everybody knows everybody's offense and defense until game time just like every hitter knows every pitchers repertoire

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;3442445 said:
Ball is rather small... I'm cautiously optomistic about his play in 2010.

He is light in weight even though he has added some weight, but taller than many safeties at 6'01"

Marktui

Reaction score
casmith07;3442054 said:

Did you think that Jerry was going to pay him 7 Million a year? Coming off a shoulder injury that sidelined him all of last year. How come when he hit the open market that he didn't get any other offers?

I think we have a legit safety in Ball and Hamlin. I am not saying they will be top 10 safeties in the league. But do they really have to be? Ball who played corner has coverage skills and Hamlin, who played the position in college and who showed that he could get INT's.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I hope he is right ......but I still think Mike Hamlin will be a starter soon.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I remember Newman praising Ball as a player when he was still primarily a CB. The staff obviously felt good enough about him and our backups to not make any serious moves this off season. He played well in Ken's absence last season and I am expecting even better from Ball this season.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Ball will surprise many this season....he will make a name for himself..Close too what Miles did

you heard it here first

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JonJon;3442640 said:
I remember Newman praising Ball as a player when he was still primarily a CB. The staff obviously felt good enough about him and our backups to not make any serious moves this off season. He played well in Ken's absence last season and I am expecting even better from Ball this season.

Bradie James loves him, too. That's an even better sign in my book b/c Bradie's someone who places a lot of value on leadership qualities and attitude.

Terence Newman700;3442693 said:
Ball will surprise many this season....he will make a name for himself..Close too what Miles did

you heard it here first

I'm hoping Ball's one of those ectonmorph guys with lean muscle tissues that are just wiry and much stronger than they appear. Even in a violent game like football, those guys aren't necessarily injury prone. We'll see, because I expect good things from his play, otherwise.

CoCo

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3442288 said:
not me DC i dont want to see ravens and us in superbowl, ken hamlin knows our offense too much and could be deciding factor in beating us in the superbowl, as well as our defense. but i always like your articles, say maybe cowboys-broncos for revenge last year or us and patriots-i think we can take patriots now-they are old team, super as always buddy

Everyone knows Garrett's simplistic offense according to Ray Lewis.

odog422

Reaction score
Idgit;3442762 said:
Bradie James loves him, too. That's an even better sign in my book b/c Bradie's someone who places a lot of value on leadership qualities and attitude.

Where did you get that from? Just curious.

I'm hoping Ball's one of those ectonmorph guys with lean muscle tissues that are just wiry and much stronger than they appear. Even in a violent game like football, those guys aren't necessarily injury prone. We'll see, because I expect good things from his play, otherwise.

I also expect him to do well and for whatever reason, I don't think he's going to have problems holding up. I think your assessment of his body type is correct. But also I feel as I do because he's not playing a position that's going to require him to fill holes like a LB and be involved in big time collisions every play. It's funny though, you never can tell - look at Sanders in Indy. He's built like a little tank, but he can't stay healthy to save his life.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
odog422;3442790 said:
Where did you get that from? Just curious.

You'll have to take my recollection for it, unless someone can back me up, but last year in training camp Bradie brought Allan Ball up unprompted in an interview saying he'd go to war with him any time and that he was a really talented player. It stuck with me because Ball was a player we'd heard the position coaches liked, but hadn't really heard anything specific about otherwise.

I'll see if I can find the quote again, but IIRC, I looked for it before and couldn't find it.

odog422;3442790 said:
I also expect him to do well and for whatever reason, I don't think he's going to have problems holding up. I think your assessment of his body type is correct. But also I feel as I do because he's not playing a position that's going to require him to fill holes like a LB and be involved in big time collisions every play. It's funny though, you never can tell - look at Sanders in Indy. He's built like a little tank, but he can't stay healthy to save his life.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Marktui;3442476 said:
Did you think that Jerry was going to pay him 7 Million a year? Coming off a shoulder injury that sidelined him all of last year. How come when he hit the open market that he didn't get any other offers?

I think we have a legit safety in Ball and Hamlin. I am not saying they will be top 10 safeties in the league. But do they really have to be? Ball who played corner has coverage skills and Hamlin, who played the position in college and who showed that he could get INT's.

You missed my sarcasm - that's my bad :) No, I agree with you. I think Ball will be great - great speed, great coverage ability, big heart, young. All the qualities you need.