AUDIO Link: T.O. On WashDC's sportstalk 980 at 5:00 EDT

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
theebs said:
Anyway, back on topic here. I recorded the whole interview so for anyone who missed it here you go.
http://www.4shared.com/file/2469384/185c267a/terrel_owens_with_john_thompson.html

Yeah, Thompson can be hard on the ears if you're looking to hear from a professional .... but, that's his charm, he sounds like a regular guy talking sports.

The guys/girls are gonna love you. Despite John Thompson, TO was very genuine and inciteful. I can't believe he changed my opinion of him in one take. Man I'm easy:eek:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:
Yeah, Thompson can be hard on the ears if you're looking to hear from a professional .... but, that's his charm, he sounds like a regular guy talking sports.

The guys/girls are gonna love you. Despite John Thompson, TO was very genuine and inciteful. I can't believe he changed my opinion of him in one take. Man I'm easy:eek:

Owens is going to be Owens no matter what. He did sound less pompous than usual but he has a ways to go before he changes peoples attitudes.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Theebs... thanks much, bro! People like you on this site are what helps make it great. I appreciate the work, man.

DGreenFan87

Reaction score
theebs said:
Owens is going to be Owens no matter what. He did sound less pompous than usual but he has a ways to go before he changes peoples attitudes.

very true theebs. i won't be surprised if TO cleans up his act and is a better person with the cowboys and shuts a lot of people up this year. but i also won't be surprised if he sticks to his old ways and destroys this team (which is what i'm hoping for ;)). he did sound sincere in this interview, but whether it was true or not is merely opinion. i'm just tired of trying to predict how TO is gonna play out this year. i'd rather just wait for the season to start and then see what happens.

StarAmongStars

Reaction score
theebs said:

When you are the best receiver in football, and quite possibly the best player in the league, it really don't matter what the fans attitudes or opinions of TO are....I will never understand why Philly treated him the way they did, especially after he risked his CAREER to play in the superbowl....if that didn't show that he's truly a TEAM player and a fierce COMPETITOR than I don't know what will.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score

Mansta54

Reaction score
When you are the best receiver in football, and quite possibly the best player in the league, it really don't matter what the fans attitudes or opinions of TO are....I will never understand why Philly treated him the way they did, especially after he risked his CAREER to play in the superbowl....if that didn't show that he's truly a TEAM player and a fierce COMPETITOR than I don't know what will.

Well said!!!!!! :hammer:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Mansta54 said:

Well said!!!!!! :hammer:
TO played in the SB for TO not the team. He admitted it.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I hope you don't count that as a negative. Any injured player would want to play in the Super Bowl. (For themselves and to help the team win it)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
Disturbing a person's selective amnesia can sometimes be dangerous to the reader. :rolleyes:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I thought it was a really good interview, it was refreshing to hear an interview where someone gave more then a 2 second answer. Thompson's voice is a bit bland but he had TO feeling at ease and got some great in depth answers out of him.

Thanks for the link.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Finally, a worthy T.O. thread.

First off, let me say that the gentleman doing the interview did a great job, IMO and asked wonderful questions. The best I've heard yet regarding T.O.

As far as T.O. goes I must say I was a little surprised and impressed at how he handled himself and his responses. Most here know that I despise T.O. and I still can't forgive him for some of the immature and idiotic things Ive seen and heard him do. But if he can continue to carry himself in the manner which he did in that interview for his duration in Dallas than it will go a long way with me to give him another chance. But actions speak MUCH louder than words and I will need to see it play out before I'm willing to concede. But I must say that I was pleasantly surprised.

Now his next step needs to be to drop that bloodsucking baby, Rosenhaus. Because I fully admit to being one of those who has soured in my opinion of T.O. even more as a result of how Rosenhaus represented him.

Nice posts. Thanks for the clip, guys.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Good interview. One of the things I took away along with reading the book is that TO is a much sharper guy than the caricature he's portayed as.

tunazboyz

Reaction score
apickmans said:
oh god. Prepare to hear the dumbest questions asked by J. Thompson.

You were SOOOOOO right. Man he's got to be the stupidest man in sports with a talk show.......:lmao:

tunazboyz

Reaction score
I don't know but for some reason I'm starting to believe what TO says in this book (that Donovan was jealous and the organization HAD to have his back). Trust and believe I know TO's got issues but you can't ever say he was caught in a lie or hasn't expressed his opinions about whatever honestly. I could be wrong but I believe the fool~

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Nice post....nice to read that TO is trying to say and do all the right things!

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Doomsday said:
I thought it was a really good interview, it was refreshing to hear an interview where someone gave more then a 2 second answer. Thompson's voice is a bit bland but he had TO feeling at ease and got some great in depth answers out of him.

Thanks for the link.

Excellent point. That's what I want from my interviewee (if that's a word:) )

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
speedkilz88 said:
I hope you don't count that as a negative. Any injured player would want to play in the Super Bowl. (For themselves and to help the team win it)
When the player is being selfish yes I do.