Audio: Michael Downs on The Final Word

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
If you are in your 20's you may not even know who Michael Downs is, but if you a little older you should remember he was a very good Safety for the Cowboys back in the day.

Last night Down was on with my buddies over at The Final Word ...

Michael Downs on The Final Word

Tony Dungy and the Steelers almost stole Michael Downs!!!

That was really good stuff about Danny White too. I was eight years old when the Cowboys went on that three year run of losing the NFC Championship games. Brutal! White was the target of all of that disappointment from the fans and it's a shame he's never remembered as being a really good QB for the Cowboys.

I wish I played for Tom Landry. Just to be abe to tell people that he was 'my coach' would be awesome.

JokeyH

The Kramer
Reaction score
Man.... Now I feel old...
I remember as a kid. 26-Downs 24-Walls 36-Albritton 38-Francis.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
JokeyH;3382526 said:
Man.... Now I feel old...
I remember as a kid. 26-Downs 24-Walls 36-Albritton 38-Francis.
I am a little older:

#24 Walls
#32 Thurman
#26 Downs
#41 Waters
:starspin

siegbach

Reaction score
i listened to the interview and for the most part i liked it.the only part of the interview i didn't like was the part where he said he thought the cowboys had missed there chance at winning a super bowl anytime soon.i think the cowboys are actually in a better position now and for the next 3 or 4 years than they were in 07 when they went 13-3.i think they have gelled together better and are more of a team than they were in 07.:starspin

QT

Reaction score
Francis was later. Ron Fellows was in there. #27

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Ya. I was laughing when he said we were too old to win a superbowl. The oldest player on the offense is Gurode at 32. Romo is only 30. Our receivers, tight ends, running backs are all in their prime or young. On d, Brooking is 34. The next oldest starter is Newman at 31. Everyone else is in their 20's basically. Not old there either. He must not watch the current Cowboys much.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
ahhhh the good ole 80s :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :ralph: :ralph: :ralph: :ralph: :ralph: :ralph: :ralph: :ralph: :ralph: :ralph: :ralph: :ralph:

3 championships in the toilet... high school was HELL !