Audio: Norm talks Steelers Defense - 12/2/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
If you watched the Steelers defense beat up on the Patriots last week, I did, then you know that they are flying all over the place at all three levels. You also know that it's going to take a near perfect performance by Tony Romo to beat them at Heinz Field in very bad weather conditions. Do I think he can do it? Sure, but the offensive line is also going to have to make sure he has a 'clean pocket' most of the time.

Here's Norm Hitzges on The Ticket breaking down that Steelers defense...

Norm talks Steelers 'D'

I know they are good, but I also know this.

That defense hasn't played the Cowboys offense yet.

It's time for Romo and Co. to show the world that they are the best offense in the NFL even in bad weather. Jason Garrett has taken shots all season for sometimes not finding ways to use all his weapons effectively so he's going to have to really step his game up this week as well.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
The Steelers are not the 85 Bears, everybody needs to quit acting like they are.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
There is going to be some defense alright. Someone is getting some early coal in their stocking.

DeMarcus Ware, Terence Newman, Jay Ratliff, Anthony Spencer, and friends are going into their house, and they are going to make some ham sandwiches, hot chocolate, christmas cookies...ect
They are going to make themselves feel right at home.

Dallas 17

Pittsburgh 13

I can't wait!

Decleater101

Reaction score
dbair1967;2458121 said:
The Steelers are not the 85 Bears, everybody needs to quit acting like they are.

Problem is, they think they are BETTER than the 85 bears.

:banghead:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Don't be suprised if our defense out-plays there defense on Sunday.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
dbair1967;2458121 said:

I agree. They may prove to be the 85 Bears or 91 Eagles redone but I don't think they will overwhelm us. I worry more about the wind and MB's foot.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2458144 said:
I agree. They may prove to be the 85 Bears or 91 Eagles redone but I don't think they will overwhelm us. I worry more about the wind and MB's foot.
supposed to be 10 mph winds. that's nothing

Everson24

Reaction score
dbair1967;2458121 said:

They may not be the 85 Bears but they are #1 in many different defensive categories and have not given up 300 total yards yet this year. That alone is very impressive with all the rules designed to benefit offenses.

We better be ready to win the game like we did against Tampa Bay.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2458121 said:
Someone finally with some sense. Everyone is pumping up this Steeler D like it is unstoppable. Did I not see the Colts and Giants go in to Steelers home stadium and walk out with a win. Enough already, The Steelers D is good but not that good. Romo doesn't need to play perfect either.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
bootsy;2458162 said:
Someone finally with some sense. Everyone is pumping up this Steeler D like it is unstoppable. Did I not see the Colts and Giants go in to Steelers home stadium and walk out with a win. Enough already, The Steelers D is good but not that good. Romo doesn't need to play perfect either.
Neither team could run against Pittsburgh. Neither team managed 300 yds against them.

The Colts won because Roethlisberger threw 3 interceptions, and Reggie Wayne caught a fluke tipped pass. The Giants won because Roethlisberger threw 4 interceptions.

Pittsburgh has an outstanding defense. They're not the '85 Bears, but the way our D has played the last 3 weeks is the way they've played all season.

The way to beat them is to not turn it over. That'll be doubly so if the weather is bad. If our OL plays physical and our D continues what it's done since the Rams game, we have a good chance.

The Panch

Reaction score
Norm's 100% in everything he said, but I dont agree with his sidekick when he talks about their playmaking. They're towards the middle of the pack when it comes to making INTs and recovering fumbles, and only have 1 defensive TD(they should've had another Sunday). Baltimore is still the biggest play making D in the league to me. Only Polamalu has been ballin in that secondary which should make things a little easier for Romo and his tendancing to force things.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
The Panch;2458243 said:
Norm's 100% in everything he said, but I dont agree with his sidekick when he talks about their playmaking. They're towards the middle of the pack when it comes to making INTs and recovering fumbles, and only have 1 defensive TD(they should've had another Sunday). Baltimore is still the biggest play making D in the league to me. Only Polamalu has been ballin in that secondary which should make things a little easier for Romo and his tendancing to force things.

Yeah, I think he is basing that off of the Pats game. They did make huge plays in that game, but it was somewhat of an anomaly. Normally they're more of a stingy but not playmaking defense.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2458183 said:
Neither team could run against Pittsburgh. Neither team managed 300 yds against them.

The Colts won because Roethlisberger threw 3 interceptions, and Reggie Wayne caught a fluke tipped pass. The Giants won because Roethlisberger threw 4 interceptions.

Pittsburgh has an outstanding defense. They're not the '85 Bears, but the way our D has played the last 3 weeks is the way they've played all season.

The way to beat them is to not turn it over. That'll be doubly so if the weather is bad. If our OL plays physical and our D continues what it's done since the Rams game, we have a good chance.
Neither team......... forget it THEY BOTH WON.

That Colts game wasn't a fluke if Roethl... throws 3 ints. He threw those because he doesn't make good decisions and gets a lot of pressure on him. The Steelers had the lead what 2 or 3 times in that game and couldn't hold it.

The Panch

Reaction score
The Colts win was a fluke. Two passes from Peyton should've been picked. Not sure about the second one, but the first resulted the Colts first TD of the game which if taken away, they would've lost the game.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
The Panch;2458292 said:
The Colts win was a fluke. Two passes from Peyton should've been picked. Not sure about the second one, but the first resulted the Colts first TD of the game which if taken away, they would've lost the game.

Every QB has a pass or two that should be picked in each game. It wasn't a fluke, it's just the way the ball bounces sometimes.