Audio: Ratliff talks Holland on GAC

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Holland can play he just can't get out in space as well as Kosier.

Worry about Brewster right now. Holland will be fine.

I also agree with Ratliff. Last guy on the team I would want to fight is Leonard Davis.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;3503043 said:
Hopefully Holland can fill that void. I think Barron will be the RT.

Spoke with Broaddus a little while ago.

Thinks there is no way Barron can go on Saturday with the way he's nursing that ankle out at camp.

Maybe it says something about Barron. Kid doesn't seem to be the most motivated type of guy. I think if that's Colombo with that same ankle injury he would have been back three days ago.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3503057 said:
Spoke with Broaddus a little while ago.

Thinks there is no way Barron can go on Saturday with the way he's nursing that ankle out at camp.

Maybe it says something about Barron. Kid doesn't seem to be the most motivated type of guy. I think if that's Colombo with that same ankle injury he would have been back three days ago.

You can tell that just by looking at him. He is the skinniest O-lineman you will ever see. Bulk up Alex.

I don't like that guy for some reason.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;3503062 said:
You can tell that just by looking at him. He is the skinniest O-lineman you will ever see. Bulk up Alex.

I don't like that guy for some reason.

What do you think these conversations are three seconds long?

:laugh2:

People are emailing, texting, twittering all day long.

Some things aren't said as loud.

CCBoy

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3503085 said:
What do you think these conversations are three seconds long?

:laugh2:

People are emailing, texting, twittering all day long.

Some things aren't said as loud.

Hey, Fanatic....if he wanted to loan me that frame and body for about a year I would show him achievment and a defineable path. Not satisfaction in being around the real action.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Holland could be a push or an upgrade - more worried about the RT position this season with Marc indicating some greater signs of wear/inconsistency.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Holland will be ok in the pass protection but our running game will suffer with him in there. We will miss Kosier in there but we can get by with Holland I think.

I agree with others, the RT position is really problematic with Columbo out. Barron is a guy that wants a paycheck but doesn't want to play from all I see. And Brewster is JAG with little experience. We really need Columbo back ASAP.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
JackMagist;3503360 said:
Holland will be ok in the pass protection but our running game will suffer with him in there. We will miss Kosier in there but we can get by with Holland I think.

I agree with others, the RT position is really problematic with Columbo out. Barron is a guy that wants a paycheck but doesn't want to play from all I see. And Brewster is JAG with little experience. We really need Columbo back ASAP.

You got it backwards, Holland is quite good at run blocking, especially straight ahead, he is a road grader type. He may not be the best at pulling or blocking in space, but he can move. He will not be bull rushed but does have problems with speed rushers at times.

For being the fat slob that some on here claim him to be, the dude can run and is very agile. I saw him in TC come out early and work on the resistance ropes before every practice that I attended. Not bad for someone who is always looking for a Crispy Cream donut.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;3503369 said:
You got it backwards, Holland is quite good at run blocking, especially straight ahead, he is a road grader type. He may not be the best at pulling or blocking in space, but he can move. He will not be bull rushed but does have problems with speed rushers at times.

For being the fat slob that some on here claim him to be, the dude can run and is very agile. I saw him in TC come out early and work on the resistance ropes before every practice that I attended. Not bad for someone who is always looking for a Crispy Cream donut.

That's great news.

I actually like him just fine, although I confess to a Krispy Kreme joke about him. :eek:: He's always been a pretty decent player who doesn't fit Shanahan's scheme at all -- the real question is why Denver ever signed him in the first place.

I do think Jerry has an odd mancrush on him for some reason. Not sure if that's from him directly or second-hand from Houck. But he's a fine backup, as long as he's motivated. We were doing pretty well against Pittsburgh's #1 defense in that '08 game when he was in there.