Audio: The Wade Phillips Show annoyed me

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
The Wade Phillips Show annoyed me

By dcfanatic, October 21, 2009 4:28 pm

Since I watched the Falcons beat the Bears I have been thinking that the Cowboys cannot go into this game with the idea that playing coverage against Matt Ryan would be more effective than going after him.

Then I heard Wade today on The Fan...

Wade Philips Show

He starts talking about only sending four and then seeing if that works.

So the plan is to send four and watch the Falcons score 21 points and then start sending more guys?

The four man rush hasn't been that great this season. The coverage has stunk. And it seems like this lack of success would force the Cowboys to change things up a bit. Correct?

I say go after this kid from start to finish. I would rather go down with guns a blazing then have to sit back and watch this kid sit comfortably in the pocket waiting for his WR's to come open.

As we talked about last night on DCFanatic Radio with Bob Sturm the Cowboys are not helping out Demarcus Ware much these days because they are playing so vanilla with their defensive fronts and blitz packages. The coaching staff and defensive players had two weeks to get their act together so I would expect some new blitz packages to go after Ryan which he has never seen on film.

Get Witten the ball in the Red Zone! And stop being cute when you get in the goalline situations.

One last punch to Wade's gut. In the very beginning of this that dolt Mondo starts talking about a Super Bowl party at some place in downtown Dallas (Meyerson) for a Super Bowl party.

Wade yells out, 'I'll be there'.

Really? That would mean you aren't at the actual Super Bowl coaching the Cowboys you doofus!

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I heard him and he said that because Ryan has been more successful when teams send five or six than he has been when teams send four.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
I wonder why you needed the "the" and the "show" in your title to this drivel:lmao:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
newnationcb;3027094 said:
I wonder why you needed the "the" and the "show" in your title to this drivel:lmao:

Its all about The Show. Don't you get it?

Check out all my vids and radio show later tonight. I'll put some things up and link to a bunch of other stuff on the net.

Stay tuned. :p:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
speedkilz88;3027079 said:
I heard him and he said that because Ryan has been more successful when teams send five or six than he has been when teams send four.

Ryan doens't get sacked and has a rating in the 120's when he's dogged or blitzed. We're going to try to get pressure with 4 before putting more risk on the secondary than necessary. It's the smart thing to do, yes.

Complain about Wade as a head coach all you want, but it's pretty foolish to dog him as a DC where he's very good at gameplanning and even better with making adjustments.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;3027044 said:

200.jpg

Might help what ails ya.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
newnationcb;3027094 said:
Groupie #1.

Avoids topic, addresses me instead.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas;3027098 said:
Its all about The Show. Don't you get it?

Check out all my vids and radio show later tonight. I'll put some things up and link to a bunch of other stuff on the net.

Stay tuned. :p:

Groupie #2.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
speedkilz88;3027079 said:

Go down fighting.

You have faith that this pass defense will have success if Matt Ryan is standing around all day with a clean pocket?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
only rushing 4 is the same crap Wade does at the end of games when we keep giving up points. that fat piece of crap is too stubborn to change his loser ways.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
NFL Replay comes on tonight with Atlanta so ill get to rewatch how they attack. But from what i remember is that Ryan looks like a dink and dunker. Sitting back in the coverage i believe is the worst thing the Cowboys could do. I would blitz Bradie and Brookings (added the “s” just to annoy the spelling jerks) up the middle all game.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;3027218 said:
Groupie #4.

Whiner #1, always finds a way to whine and come to own self conclusion even while conveniently ignoring other parts of audio.

Next

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;3027224 said:
Go down fighting.

You have faith that this pass defense will have success if Matt Ryan is standing around all day with a clean pocket?

Go down fighting...that way you can whine if they lose that way and whine if they lose another way...heck you will probably whine if they win but still don't do it to your way of liking.

Go down whining should be a motto for some here.:laugh2:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3027262 said:
Go down fighting...that way you can whine if they lose that way and whine if they lose another way...heck you will probably whine if they win but still don't do it to your way of liking.

Go down whining should be a motto for some here.:laugh2:
Our house is packed full of whining fans.

Everyone has all the right answers..cept for those who are paid to make them.

Those guys suck and just need to listen to me then all would be well in Cowboys Nation.

If only.....

Think about it. How easy is it to be neg?

Really easy...

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas;3027269 said:
Our house is packed full of whining fans.

Everyone has all the right answers..cept for those who are paid to make them.

Those guys suck and just need to listen to me then all would be well in Cowboys Nation.

If only.....

Think about it. How easy is it to be neg?

Really easy...

I like to wait until the game is played before pre-maturely blowing out my negativity load.:D

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3027278 said:
I like to wait until the game is played before pre-maturely blowing out my negativity load.:D

HA HA !! I see what you did.

Ima write that down Paint.

Thank you.