Audio: The Wade Phillips Show annoyed me

Nav22

Reaction score
I wonder how Matt Ryan has a 120+ QB rating when all those brilliant D-coordinators send 5+ rushers at him...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
speedkilz88;3027079 said:
I heard him and he said that because Ryan has been more successful when teams send five or six than he has been when teams send four.

That's the way I heard it also.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
speedkilz88;3027079 said:
I heard him and he said that because Ryan has been more successful when teams send five or six than he has been when teams send four.
I could be wrong, but what that suggests to me is that when Ryan is blitzed, it's probably easier for him to make a read as to where to go with the ball.

If they only send four and he has more guys playing coverage, then it's harder for Ryan to read the defense.

Is that correct?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3027410 said:
I could be wrong, but what that suggests to me is that when Ryan is blitzed, it's probably easier for him to make a read as to where to go with the ball.

If they only send four and he has more guys playing coverage, then it's harder for Ryan to read the defense.

Is that correct?
yes that's correct. but nobody makes plays in coverage for our team. if this team did the necessary filmwork they can see whenever Ryan is blitzed he throws a short pass to the TE or one of the backs. knowing this if we had guys in our secondary who could make plays it could result in picks and maybe even a pick 6. which is why we should blitz the goofball and jump the routes to the TE or backs.

Goldenrichards83

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3027410 said:

Is that correct?
Yes you are correct. On the telecast last week the annoucer said when blitzed Matt Ryan QB rating is above 120. That why Wade is doing what he is doing.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Ya sending 4 guys is really going to give Ryan a long day:rolleyes:

Child please.

He's going to pick us apart if we drop back in coverage. There's no ball hawks and they all bite on double moves.

If we are going down,I'd rather go down blitzing and having him beat us with quick decisions. I'll give him props if he can do that. I refuse for us to sit back and watch Ryan stick that football in our rears.

Ya that Wade sheme has been giving him so much success:rolleyes:

ThrowuptheXDez88

Reaction score
The whining by a certain fan here has just become pretty darn sad folks. Gotta love posters who just try to find everything in the world to whine about, go out and take some time out of your life to see if you can live the right way and do the right things instead of being such a negative cry baby donkey and judging the way other people do their job and things that come out of their mouth... THIS IS WADE, GET OVER IT!!! HE DOESNT HAVE A LOT OF FANS, WADE ISNT GOING TO CHANGE SO EITHER PUT YOUR HEAD IN THE PILLOW AND KEEP WHINING OR JUST SHUT THE HEll UP

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
royw11utdc;3027424 said:
The whining by a certain fan here has just become pretty darn sad folks. Gotta love posters who just try to find everything in the world to whine about, go out and take some time out of your life to see if you can live the right way and do the right things instead of being such a negative cry baby donkey and judging the way other people do their job and things that come out of their mouth... THIS IS WADE, GET OVER IT!!! HE DOESNT HAVE A LOT OF FANS, WADE ISNT GOING TO CHANGE SO EITHER PUT YOUR HEAD IN THE PILLOW AND KEEP WHINING OR JUST SHUT THE HEll UP

He's still mad at me cause I called Roy out like 6 months ago, lol.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3027440 said:
why is Wade even talking about that stuff?

You mean tip his hand about his gameplan?

@wg short passes will beat the blitz along with 1 and 3 step drops. However thats also considering if he can read where the blitz is coming from pre snap. Considering we run a 3-4 it should be easy to disguise our blitzes.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3027458 said:
You mean tip his hand about his gameplan?

@wg short passes will beat the blitz along with 1 and 3 step drops. However thats also considering if he can read where the blitz is coming from pre snap. Considering we run a 3-4 it should be easy to disguise our blitzes.
yeah. same with Jerry saying on the radio that Choice will get the bulk of the carries. let the Falcons figure that out during or after the game. don't tell them that stuff before it. this team is full of stupid people from top to bottom

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3027125 said:
200.jpg

Might help what ails ya.

:muttley:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3027464 said:
yeah. same with Jerry saying on the radio that Choice will get the bulk of the carries. let the Falcons figure that out during or after the game. don't tell them that stuff before it. this team is full of stupid people from top to bottom

But if we execute properly it does matter right?