Audio: Witten talks T.O. this afternoon - 12/11/08

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Witten on ESPN 1050
----------------------------
(The interview begins after the Joba Chamberlain interview)

This was prescheduled because of the Giants game.

I am sure Witten was real happy to be talking about T.O.'s BS today, lol.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
OMG!!!! He called TO a "hall of fame player"!!!11oneone OMG!!!

Quick someone call Ed, wear a cowboy hat, and give him an anonymous Tip as Cowboy #4

Nav22

Reaction score
I am sure Witten was real happy to be talking about T.O.'s BS today, lol.
I am sure you were disappointed to hear Witten completely defend T.O., the same way Steve Mariucci did.

But I'm sure Ed Werder, the guy T.O. shows blatant disrespect for on a weekly basis, has the REAL unbiased scoop on #81.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
Wait a minute, I've got a question:

Shouldn't Jason Witten have already known T.O. was saying these things, since these "anonymous source" players somehow knew? Obviously, these alleged anonymous sources can't like him, since they bashed him so much to Werder (hahahahaha)...so it wasn't as if it was just T.O. telling this to his friends. He must have told the whole locker room in order for them to find out!

Yet people are looking at this article and treating it like it's a bunch of T.O. media quotes. Hilarious. If this doesn't prove Ed Werder made it up...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gee, did I say this whole thing was being sensationalized? Nice to know I can be ill and still get it.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2483259 said:
Gee, did I say this whole thing was being sensationalized? Nice to know I can be ill and still get it.

Dude-You've been sucked!:lmao2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Boysboy;2483263 said:
Dude-You've been sucked!:lmao2:
Not me. I was trying to be a voice of reason in the middle of the hysteria earlier.

Sensationalism sells. Lots bought it. That's why the National Enquirer will never die.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Nav22;2483239 said:
I am sure you were disappointed to hear Witten completely defend T.O., the same way Steve Mariucci did.

But I'm sure Ed Werder, the guy T.O. shows blatant disrespect for on a weekly basis, has the REAL unbiased scoop on #81.

I was crying, I still am. And now I hate Jason Witten.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

He's messing up my agenda.

At least I have the unnamed sources.

Now I must go back to the lair and dream up a new plan.

Drats!!!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2483259 said:

What are your thoughts on T.O.'s comments to Calvin Watkins?

And please tell me they will help the team in some way, lol.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2483269 said:
What are your thoughts on T.O.'s comments to Calvin Watkins?

And please tell me they will help the team in some way, lol.
I've been sick and haven't seen them. The Nyquil wore off and I'm here trying to get tired again.

I will say that I'm going to believe Witten over Watkins. Doesn't sound like there are internal issues to me.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2483270 said:
I've been sick and haven't seen them. The Nyquil wore off and I'm here trying to get tired again.

I will say that I'm going to believe Witten over Watkins. Doesn't sound like there are internal issues to me.

No, Watkins talked to T.O. and he had some comments.

Listen to Wade's presser today, you will be out in about 3 minutes, lol.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Hostile;2483259 said:
i think what we probably are witnessing is a little tough love being sent Romo's way...we all love the guy for what he brings to the table but to wear the ring of a champion he's going to have to go a little further than he has so far.

Boysboy

Reaction score
kramskoi;2483276 said:
i think what we probably are witnessing is a little tough love being sent Romo's way...we all love the guy for what he brings to the table but to wear the ring of a champion he's going to have to go a little further than he has so far.

Well-all I can say is...HANG TIGHT EVERYONE! Nabbing playoff spots will come down to the wire, so enjoy the ride!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2483272 said:
No, Watkins talked to T.O. and he had some comments.

Listen to Wade's presser today, you will be out in about 3 minutes, lol.
I figured that much based on the other post DC.

I haven't seen those comments, or if I did I don't remember them.

I said this is all being sensationalized. I saw the crawl on ESPN.

Witten just said that he doesn't believe Jones threw Barber under the bus. Yet there it is on the crawl. Jones denies that was his intent. I don't hear the retractions. I don't hear the frenzy dying any time soon. Why not? Because this is the Cowboys. You heard me on your show last night say that IF Jones called him out he was out of line.

Witten also says that he thinks the TO "news" is being blown out of proportion. I just watched Deion, Marshall, Sapp, and Mariucci say basically the same thing. A football game just ended in overtime and the story is the Cowboys.

You honestly are going to look me in the eye and say none of this is being blown out of proportion? I can't wait to hear Skip Bayless tomorrow. He's going to have multiple orgasms.

If you believe all of this that's your right. I don't buy it. Werder needed something to get back at TO for "next question," "next question," "next question."

I don't for one minute believe this will fracture or in any way blow up this locker room. If I am wrong I will personally make every attempt I can to fight TO and accomplish what Hugh Douglas couldn't.

"There's a sucker born every minute." --PT Barnum

He ain't talking about me today. I don't buy this for one minute.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2483280 said:
I figured that much based on the other post DC.

I haven't seen those comments, or if I did I don't remember them.

I said this is all being sensationalized. I saw the crawl on ESPN.

Witten just said that he doesn't believe Jones threw Barber under the bus. Yet there it is on the crawl. Jones denies that was his intent. I don't hear the retractions. I don't hear the frenzy dying any time soon. Why not? Because this is the Cowboys. You heard me on your show last night say that IF Jones called him out he was out of line.

Witten also says that he thinks the TO "news" is being blown out of proportion. I just watched Deion, Marshall, Sapp, and Mariucci say basically the same thing. A football game just ended in overtime and the story is the Cowboys.

You honestly are going to look me in the eye and say none of this is being blown out of proportion? I can't wait to hear Skip Bayless tomorrow. He's going to have multiple orgasms.

If you believe all of this that's your right. I don't buy it. Werder needed something to get back at TO for "next question," "next question," "next question."

I don't for one minute believe this will fracture or in any way blow up this locker room. If I am wrong I will personally make every attempt I can to fight TO and accomplish what Hugh Douglas couldn't.

"There's a sucker born every minute." --PT Barnum

He ain't talking about me today. I don't buy this for one minute.

Let me say this.

I think we beat the Giants easily on Sunday.

But to think T.O. is helping the team with his gripes to Deion and his telling Calvin Watkins that Romo isn't doing what he's supposed to and screaming and yelling that he's open all the time will somehow help the team...

I ain't buying that.

Of course it's a bigger story than it really is because the Cowboys are involved.

But where there is smoke there is fire.

All I am saying is that T.O. and Romo aren't seeing eye to eye on the level they were in the past and I think T.O.'s comments tonight give merit to that.

Where it goes from there is going to depend on how Sunday goes.

We win and T.O. is a part of the gameplan and it's all good.

We lose, T.O. has 2 catches and this fire will continue to grow and grow.

burmafrd

Reaction score
And sometimes the smoke is made up too. Sometimes there is no smoke and there is no fire.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I guess I will never know what he allegedly said to Watkins. The Nyquil is working. My head is now fuzzy. The bed is calling my name.

Hostile............out.