Audio: Woody calls out Hamlin/Secondary (Irvin Show)

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Woody talks Cowboys vs Broncos

By dcfanatic, October 1, 2009 12:12 am

Here's Woody on his weekly appearance on The Michael Irvin Show...

Woody talks Cowboys

I get that 3-0 is what it is, but those teams the Broncos beat so far (Bengals, Browns and Raiders) are pretty weak. The Bengals are the best of those three and they won that game on a fluke play at the end of the game.

The Cowboys defense has to stuff the run and make Kyle Orton beat them. That's the plan on defense.

On offense the Cowboys have to put up some points early and get the running game going so they can use some play action passing to slow down the Broncos pass rush.

Again Hamlin getting called out. He's playing like crap right now. I hope Wade is taking notice of this and is getting on him pretty good.

That confusion in the secondary is nothing new. They seemed to play well against the Panthers, but they have to put it together for a few games in a row before I start trusting them.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2982410 said:
Woody talks Cowboys vs Broncos

By dcfanatic, October 1, 2009 12:12 am

Here's Woody on his weekly appearance on The Michael Irvin Show...

Woody talks Cowboys

I get that 3-0 is what it is, but those teams the Broncos beat so far (Bengals, Browns and Raiders) are pretty weak. The Bengals are the best of those three and they won that game on a fluke play at the end of the game.

The Cowboys defense has to stuff the run and make Kyle Orton beat them. That's the plan on defense.

On offense the Cowboys have to put up some points early and get the running game going so they can use some play action passing to slow down the Broncos pass rush.

Again Hamlin getting called out. He's playing like crap right now. I hope Wade is taking notice of this and is getting on him pretty good.

That confusion in the secondary is nothing new. They seemed to play well against the Panthers, but they have to put it together for a few games in a row before I start trusting them.

That's real.:starspin

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2982484 said:
Hamlin is complete garbage, seriously.

That is going way overboard. He's better than a lot out there. Remember Tony Dixon?

starfrombirth

Reaction score
During that interview I had visions of Woody as our secondary coach right behind Hamlin whispering in his ear "What are you looking at? What do you see? Do you know where to be?". I think him being our secondary coach would be awesome. Would he want to come here to do that job? Probably not.

fannypack

Sweet Squirrel
Reaction score
I keep hearing that we should let Orton beat us, but wasn't that the same idea with the Giants? Eli had no problems beating us. Granted Orton isn't Eli, but it wasn't so much Eli we were testing, it was the unproven WR.

Hopefully we don't wind up in the same situation.

Daudr

Reaction score
fannypack;2982501 said:
I keep hearing that we should let Orton beat us, but wasn't that the same idea with the Giants? Eli had no problems beating us. Granted Orton isn't Eli, but it wasn't so much Eli we were testing, it was the unproven WR.

Hopefully we don't wind up in the same situation.

Except Eli didn't beat us - we beat us. Eliminate those damn penalties and turnovers and that game is not even close. The only time Eli "beat us" was when we went into that damn soft zone (aka please make a TD in 2 mins or less) to let them get down the field at the end of the game.