Because no on asked for it...

Meat & Potatoes draft aka O and D Line All the Time

1 Anthony Davis T 6-6 325 Rutgers
2 Boo Robinson NT 6-1 305 Wake Forest
3 Brandon Carter G 6-6 344 Texas Tech
4 Mike Iupati G 6-5 330 Idaho
6 Jeffrey Fitzgerald DE 6-4 278 Kansas State
7 Jeff Byers C 6-3 295 USC

I envision us letting go of Flozell Adams (cap casualty/retirement), Cory Proctor (free agent),Pat McQuistan (free agent), and Montrae Holland (free agent). The D Line has Marcus Spears, Jason Hatcher, Stephen Bowen, Junior Siavii, and Marcus Dixon all needing new contracts before next season.

Davis is going to be a star. I think he comes out early since Rutgers falls back into obscurity after this year. Boo Robinson played on a great defense last year and will be tested with constant double teams this year. Brandon Carter is a monster, literally. Mike Iupati is so strong he can almost out-bench David Buehler. Seriously, this kid is a Larry Allen clone, strong and mean. Fitzgerald has just enough size to be a 3-4 DE and he's a proven pass rusher. Byers is a 6th year senior who has been healthy for 3 straight years. He is normally a left guard but will play center the first half of the season for USC while Kris O'Dowd recovers.

As always, comment on mine or post your own.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2892451 said:
I really like it.

Question:If Flo retires, is there a cap hit?

Yes but remember 2010 is scheduled to be uncapped.

His 2010 cap hit if he stays is $7.17M.
His 2010 cap hit if cut before the season would be around $8.68M. So cutting him would create an additional cap hit of $1.51M.

But again, if the year is uncapped the additional hit wouldn't matter.

If he is cut Jerry pays him 0 additional dollars (unless he has a guarantee clause like Greg Ellis did). If they keep him, Jerry pays him his $5M base salary.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2892459 said:
Yes but remember 2010 is scheduled to be uncapped.

His 2010 cap hit if he stays is $7.17M.
His 2010 cap hit if cut before the season would be around $8.68M. So cutting him would create an additional cap hit of $1.51M.

But again, if the year is uncapped the additional hit wouldn't matter.

If he is cut Jerry pays him 0 additional dollars (unless he has a guarantee clause like Greg Ellis did). If they keep him, Jerry pays him his $5M base salary.

I hope we cut him next year. Cap or no capped. Doesn't matter.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
1) LB - Sergio Kindle - Texas
2) LT - Anthony Davis - Rutgers
3) OG - John Jerry - Mississippi
4) DT - Boo Robinson - Wake Forest
5) DE - Lamarr Houston - Texas
6) WR - Austin Rogers - Tennessee
7) BPA

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Biggems;2892731 said:
1) LB - Sergio Kindle - Texas
2) LT - Anthony Davis - Rutgers
3) OG - John Jerry - Mississippi
4) DT - Boo Robinson - Wake Forest
5) DE - Lamarr Houston - Texas
6) WR - Austin Rogers - Tennessee
7) BPA

You would spend a 1st round pick on a pass rusher? even though we've recently drafted Anthony Spencer (2007 1st round), Victor Butler (2009 4th round), and Brandon Williams (2009 4th round) ?

I like the other picks. I like Kindle too, I just don't know if we would invest in another pass-rushing LB. Williams, who's younger than Kindle, really needs a chance to develop. He's a steal in the 4th round.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
1st: West Virginia OT Selvish Capers -- former TE, protected Pat White's blind-side
2nd: Syracuse WR Mike Williams -- good-sized, speedy WR had 10 TDs as a sophomore in '07, suspended for cheating in '08, but worked his way back up at Community College, had 9 straight games with a receiving TD
3rd: Wake Forest DT Boo Robinson -- active NT, Jay Ratliff part II
4th: Arkansas State DE Alex Carrington -- 10.5 sacks, 19 TFL in '08, has height and size to play DE in 3-4
6th: Iowa State OG Reggie Stevens -- huge OG, going to see some snaps at C
7th: Central Arkansas DE Larry Hart -- FBS 1st team All American in '08 with 12 sacks, Jason Williams part II, only 6', so will move to ILB in the NFL

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Your right, Davis will come out, but RU just had its best class in years. Besides WR theyre pretty solid.

Anyway, I will be all over Davis for the next 8 months, get used to it.

Plug him in at any G or T next year.

He needs to be in everyones mock

You got to figure well re-sign some of the D linemen, but I love the stock up of O line.

Throw in a safety w/ the comp pick

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
I like it Chris

except I don't think they will be drafting two G'S - I'd take either one of them

Branden Carter did not a allow a single sack all season 08

COACHSPEAK: "He's one of those guys that wishes we were playing a doubleheader instead of one game. He plays really intense. And you can literally see, regardless of the score, he's disappointed the game's over. And you're talking about just a huge, gigantic person ambling around, diving at stuff, hitting stuff, wrecking stuff, and then looks up at the clock and is upset that it's over." - Leach on offensive lineman Brandon Carter.

http://i80.***BLOCKED***/albums/j190/sjurg71/carterx.jpg

http://i80.***BLOCKED***/albums/j190/sjurg71/effd038fbb2b4fb6.jpg

http://i80.***BLOCKED***/albums/j190/sjurg71/051a5b1811bd065a.jpg

Branden Carter

http://i80.***BLOCKED***/albums/j190/sjurg71/608653.jpg

http://i80.***BLOCKED***/albums/j190/sjurg71/470195.jpg

Handling a couple USC's guys

http://i80.***BLOCKED***/albums/j190/sjurg71/470192.jpg

the guy looks massive
Mike Iupati

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/story/851431.html

In the weight room, Iupati squats 600 pounds, bench presses more than 400 and power cleans more than 300 pounds.
Vandal coach Robb Akey has been told that after last season, he received a second-round grade by NFL scouts despite missing four games and not being at full strength because of shoulder surgery he had in the spring of 2008.
"It's one of my goals but I'm the kind of person who take steps at a time," Iupati said. "I never say I'm going to NFL, and I never really talk about it. I'm just focusing on school and college football. When the season is over, I can talk about it."
Scouts have told him they like what he brings to the table but would like to see him do a better job of finishing his blocks, which is something he plans on doing this season

and pick up DT or a WR if needed

gotta thank CowboyJoe for noticing him lupati

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2892759 said:
1st: West Virginia OT Selvish Capers -- former TE, protected Pat White's blind-side
2nd: Syracuse WR Mike Williams -- good-sized, speedy WR had 10 TDs as a sophomore in '07, suspended for cheating in '08, but worked his way back up at Community College, had 9 straight games with a receiving TD
3rd: Wake Forest DT Boo Robinson -- active NT, Jay Ratliff part II
4th: Arkansas State DE Alex Carrington -- 10.5 sacks, 19 TFL in '08, has height and size to play DE in 3-4
6th: Iowa State OG Reggie Stevens -- huge OG, going to see some snaps at C
7th: Central Arkansas DE Larry Hart -- FBS 1st team All American in '08 with 12 sacks, Jason Williams part II, only 6', so will move to ILB in the NFL

Projected Round (2010): 5-6.
11/1/08: Perfect for the zone-blocking scheme, Selvish Capers' athleticism will turn some heads at the Combine.

but who knows

well I don't like my Tackles to under 6-5 my own personal pefereance
so Capers is out for me - besides school always add an inch in height I was always 6-3 to 6-4 when I am only 6-2

I like picks 3 & 4

Williams might be able to get a Steal with him he won't go in the second I don't think
Height: 6-2. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.43.

like his speed and height

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2892738 said:
You would spend a 1st round pick on a pass rusher? even though we've recently drafted Anthony Spencer (2007 1st round), Victor Butler (2009 4th round), and Brandon Williams (2009 4th round) ?

I like the other picks. I like Kindle too, I just don't know if we would invest in another pass-rushing LB. Williams, who's younger than Kindle, really needs a chance to develop. He's a steal in the 4th round.

My thinking with Kindle was to use him next to James. The other guy I really like is that Herzlich (spelling) kid from Boston College. He is a MLB. I think he would be perfect next to James.

I have always liked Kindle, since the Army All-American Game. My only concern is if his head is on straight, but we will find that out this year.

If not Kindle in the first, then I will have to re-do my mock tonight. I have a few other ideas. Maybe I will make a few mocks with various positions being drafted in the first round. For now, this is my mock with us taking LB in the first.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
UnoDallas;2892859 said:
11/1/08: Perfect for the zone-blocking scheme, Selvish Capers' athleticism will turn some heads at the Combine.

but who knows

well I don't like my Tackles to under 6-5 my own personal pefereance
so Capers is out for me - besides school always add an inch in height I was always 6-3 to 6-4 when I am only 6-2

I got the height from NFLDraftScout, they do their own measurables, and they scout everybody

and yes, Capers may play in a zone-blocking scheme, but he has the speed and strength to fit into any scheme, idk, I just like my OTs to be athletic to shut down any speed rusher

Bigdog

Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2892444 said:
Because no on asked for it...

Meat & Potatoes draft aka O and D Line All the Time

I envision us letting go of Flozell Adams (cap casualty/retirement), Cory Proctor (free agent),Pat McQuistan (free agent), and Montrae Holland (free agent). The D Line has Marcus Spears, Jason Hatcher, Stephen Bowen, Junior Siavii, and Marcus Dixon all needing new contracts before next season.

Davis is going to be a star. I think he comes out early since Rutgers falls back into obscurity after this year. Boo Robinson played on a great defense last year and will be tested with constant double teams this year. Brandon Carter is a monster, literally. Mike Iupati is so strong he can almost out-bench David Buehler. Seriously, this kid is a Larry Allen clone, strong and mean. Fitzgerald has just enough size to be a 3-4 DE and he's a proven pass rusher. Byers is a 6th year senior who has been healthy for 3 straight years. He is normally a left guard but will play center the first half of the season for USC while Kris O'Dowd recovers.

As always, comment on mine or post your own.
I like it but I would rather have the OT from Iowa, Braulga(sp) if he comes out. If he does, I do not think he will be there at 32. I like what I have read about him. All of your other picks, I like alot especially Boo Robinson and the OG from Idaho. I don't believe Byers last that long but if he does that would be great. Overall, well done.