Augusta is Sublime; the Masters Magical

T-RO

Reaction score
I love everything about this venue, this history, this tournament.

No cel phones permitted! $1.50 yummy samwhiches. The azaleas, Loblolly Pines, the slopes and contrasting contours. What a place.

This year we have some great narratives:
-The almighty PGA and it's players versus the upstart rival LIV league and it's players
-Tiger and Phil. Again.
-Rain and falling trees
-An amateur from Texas sitting in the top five (Sam Bennett)
-63-year-old Fred Couples makes the cut to play through the weekend

Creeper

Reaction score
Tiger made his 23 consecutive cut at the Masters - barely, but he is really just a shell of his former self. He shows a lot of rust from not playing. I don't really see the point in playing only 4 times a year. I think he is going to retire soon.

I have the TV coverage of the Masters. Why wait until 3 pm to televise play? They have several hours of Masters shows on Golf Channel and ESPN before 3pm and they show some clips of play during those talking segments so why not just televise the tournament itself?

Augusta is the 1 course I would play if given the choice, but I know I will never get to play a round there.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
So how do they handle all the suspended play? 2 consecutive days of it.

T-RO

Reaction score
It is a beautiful course, I got to watch my mom cousin(Tom Kite) play there once. I was too young and immature to appreciate it at the time though……:muttley:
Damn! It's in your genes, man. Do you play?

T-RO

Reaction score
Tiger made his 23 consecutive cut at the Masters - barely, but he is really just a shell of his former self. He shows a lot of rust from not playing. I don't really see the point in playing only 4 times a year. I think he is going to retire soon.
For the sake of his legacy, I hope he retires in the next year or so. GOAT, no doubt.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
The media has made tiger woods retirement or decline worse than brett farves.

dsturgeon

Reaction score

I have the TV coverage of the Masters. Why wait until 3 pm to televise play? They have several hours of Masters shows on Golf Channel and ESPN before 3pm and they show some clips of play during those talking segments so why not just televise the tournament itself?

Augusta is the 1 course I would play if given the choice, but I know I will never get to play a round there.

The fact that you mention him is sad. for the past 15 years the majority of the time he should only be referenced at the end when showing scores or a good shot or something. Unless he is relevant he should not be mentioned.

nobody

Reaction score
I don't get the appeal of watching golf. It's fun to play, but dreadfully dull to watch but if you find entertainment with it, more power to you. Not that those players aren't impressive with their skill, I just find watching it dull. :)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

The fact that you mention him is sad. for the past 15 years the majority of the time he should only be referenced at the end when showing scores or a good shot or something. Unless he is relevant he should not be mentioned.
Tiger’s the GOAT. Tiger Woods

Creeper

Reaction score
For the sake of his legacy, I hope he retires in the next year or so. GOAT, no doubt.
Well, I got to see Jack play too so it is hard to choose between the two players. But I don't have to. Both were great. But Tiger is going to regret his life choices someday, if he doesn;t already, because if not for his choices he might have won 20 majors and 100 tournaments. He could have been the undisputed GOAT.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score

So don't mention Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, or Seve Ballesteros either? They haven't been relevant for years but they are talked about at every Masters. Golf holds near and dear its history and traditions more than any other sport. It would be stupid not to mention one of its greatest champions, one that was actually in the field, and one that tied the record for consecutive cuts made. In those last 15 years of Tiger's irrelevancy he's won both the US Open and the Masters, finished in the top 10 6 times at Augusta, 3 top 10's at the US Open, 3 top 10's at the British Open, and 2 top 10's at the PGA Championship. I get that people don't like Tiger and he doesn't seem like a guy I'd like to hang out with personally, but yeah he should be mentioned in every major.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
So don't mention Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, or Seve Ballesteros either? They haven't been relevant for years but they are talked about at every Masters. Golf holds near and dear its history and traditions more than any other sport. It would be stupid not to mention one of its greatest champions, one that was actually in the field, and one that tied the record for consecutive cuts made. In those last 15 years of Tiger's irrelevancy he's won both the US Open and the Masters, finished in the top 10 6 times at Augusta, 3 top 10's at the US Open, 3 top 10's at the British Open, and 2 top 10's at the PGA Championship. I get that people don't like Tiger and he doesn't seem like a guy I'd like to hang out with personally, but yeah he should be mentioned in every major.
I played golf in highschool 99-2002 and watched almost everything tiger did for a long time, and played his video games. I actually liked tiger woods

To the post i quoted, I don't like the idea of their being a tiger narrative, and I can't believe there still is one. If in actual gameplay he or the guy he is playing with is competitive show them, if not I don't think he should be mentioned or talked about.

I didn't actually watch the masters this year, my response was because of a viewpoint i had of his coverage for a long time and the use of the word "narrative".

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I love golf! Love the Masters. I played since I was a kid. Always love watching on TV! Over the years I’d say I watch more golf than football. Heck I watch more EPL soccer and golf than football.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Mentioned yes

Front and center with breathless coverage of every drive, chip and putt when he's 20 shots off the lead?

No.