Austin still in concussion protocol

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I had high hopes for him under Moore’s playcalling system. He didn’t get a lot of touches last season but whenever he got an opportunity it seemed like a big play and he’s an electrifying pint returning. He was huge in the playoff game against Seattle. We don’t flip field with turnovers so that makes a guy like so much important to a team like ours with his return abilities

Mr_437

Reaction score
The thing that worries me about Wilson returning punts is he seems to want to take everything to the outside, and while that can occasionally lead to a long run, a lot of times it will result in running laterally for no gain, or even losing yards trying to get around to the outside.
True. I think Wilson needs more reps to have the confidence to run through the defense. Wilson had a good return in college where he did just that. It was dude's 1st game, so he should improve.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True. I think Wilson needs more reps to have the confidence to run through the defense. Wilson had a good return in college where he did just that. It was dude's 1st game, so he should improve.

The fact we haven't seen him much as a punt returner is what gives me hope. He had one very nice return to the outside, so maybe he just did that again hoping for the same result. Hopefully he is willing to cut upfield more quickly and I just haven't had the chance to see it yet.

Mr_437

Reaction score
The fact we haven't seen him much as a punt returner is what gives me hope. He had one very nice return to the outside, so maybe he just did that again hoping for the same result. Hopefully he is willing to cut upfield more quickly and I just haven't had the chance to see it yet.
I totally agree with you...cut up field and make something happen.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I felt, even before the final cuts, that Austin would be one of the first players to be replaced. There's no ability like availability to get the job done. It's a shame that he's unable to stay healthy throughout more than a game or two. It only takes a few hits to betray him in any given year.

I doubt he'll make it through half of the season before he's out for a long while. It really looks like Cedrick Wilson might very well be the ideal player to end up replacing him. If so, he'll likely do quite well. It's definitely a good thing that we have the depth at WR that we do.

Last edited:

links18

Reaction score
Surprise, surprise, Austin missing multiple games early in the season. Who would have predicted it?

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I share the disappointment but I don't think cutting the guy outright is either prudent or necessary. It seems an act borne out of frustration.

Yes I don’t think we should cut him either. At some point he’ll be back and might make a play to win us a game.