Available free agents

Knotamus

Reaction score
Sorry.. I don’t know how to post a twitter link...and yes, I should by now.(Mods please help)

I thought it was interesting: Adam Schefter is reporting that the Raiders released LB Preston Brown, S DJ Swearinger, and DT Terrell McClain.

Obviously DT Terrell McClain knows the scheme and excelled at one point.. I thought it would be beneficial to atleast explore adding him to our inept DT position

At this point, any known safety catches my eye, but I don’t know much ab Swearinger.

Opinions please.

Side note: anyone that has this tweet readily available, feel free to post. Ty in advance

Carson

Reaction score
You know crap is bad when you are talking about a Terrell McCain as an upgrade.

Honestly, he is. He was solid here in the 4-3. Was going to come back and decided to go to Atlanta I believe last year.
He is definitely an upgrade over Covington at this point.

I always liked Swearingers game. Amazed him and Tre Boston aren’t more coveted whenever they hit the open market.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry.. I don’t know how to post a twitter link...and yes, I should by now.(Mods please help)

I thought it was interesting: Adam Schefter is reporting that the Raiders released LB Preston Brown, S DJ Swearinger, and DT Terrell McClain.

Obviously DT Terrell McClain knows the scheme and excelled at one point.. I thought it would be beneficial to atleast explore adding him to our inept DT position

At this point, any known safety catches my eye, but I don’t know much ab Swearinger.

Opinions please.

Side note: anyone that has this tweet readily available, feel free to post. Ty in advance
swearinger cannot cover and is slow that is all i know about him

exciter

Reaction score
The Raiders are the 3rd team to release McClain this season, the 2nd to release Swearinger. Sometimes you got to believe the writing on the wall!

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised we haven't kicked the tires on Mo Wilkerson or Robert Nkemdiche

6_8194060.jpg

3269087.jpg

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
The Raiders are the 3rd team to release McClain this season, the 2nd to release Swearinger. Sometimes you got to believe the writing on the wall!

I think we would be as disappointed with McClain in how we're playing this scheme now as we are with our current DTs.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I'm sure they like their guys, but they need some type of help.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
We still haven’t filled the cavern Woods left behind?

Creeper

Reaction score
They should be looking at anyone who is available on defense. They don;t have to sign anyone but they should be looking. They could use depth at both DT and DE as well as Safety.

exciter

Reaction score
He was always in the wrong scheme in Arizona. They made him a 3-4 DE. He was almost unblockable @ times as a 4-3 DT in college. :popcorn:
Eh, my understanding was that he didn't like to play the run. Miami released him from their 43 defense in November. He has a 2 game suspension pending assuming someone does decide to kick the tires!

bornafan1981

Reaction score
Honestly, he is. He was solid here in the 4-3. Was going to come back and decided to go to Atlanta I believe last year.
He is definitely an upgrade over Covington at this point.

I always liked Swearingers game. Amazed him and Tre Boston aren’t more coveted whenever they hit the open market.
Swearinger spoke honestly about Washington multiple times, and was cut. Then was invited on several sport shows, and was honest. Owners don't like players speaking honesty, they want what Garrett does. PC BS. Between then and now, other players in Washington has spoken honestly, and a few of the coaches they were speaking honest about were fired less than a year later.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Can you guarantee that?
Ranching..i guess you may not have heard...i need pure platinum ore to make a platinum guarantee...and i was getting the ore from Garrett...well as you can see i was not getting platinum ore it turned out to be shiny aluminum
so i had to do a "reverse voodoo" on cowboys this week.....so the guarantee is better than 95% on this one..hehehehehe