Avg. Life Expectancy Geographical Distribution

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
77-FE2-D50-FD66-4547-96-F6-8141338-B4088.jpg
Average life expectancy based on geographic location across the US.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Lifestyle, environment, health care, etc all impact life expectancy

Life Expectancy until the 20th Century was hugely impacted by infant mortality. With that greatly reduced has come a large jump.

But then it was always a little misleading because if you survived your childhood you had a decent chance of living a pretty long life for centuries.

Even 200 years ago if you got past the deadly first few years you usually could expect to live to 60 or so.

Depending of course on war, plagues, or falling victim to what were rather ridiculously called Doctors back then....

Of course now we have social things going on like whining about calling someone morbidly obese just that because its fat shaming. That probably is having a negative effect on the numbers.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Lifestyle, environment, health care, etc all impact life expectancy

Life Expectancy until the 20th Century was hugely impacted by infant mortality. With that greatly reduced has come a large jump.

But then it was always a little misleading because if you survived your childhood you had a decent chance of living a pretty long life for centuries.

Even 200 years ago if you got past the deadly first few years you usually could expect to live to 60 or so.

Depending of course on war, plagues, or falling victim to what were rather ridiculously called Doctors back then....

Of course now we have social things going on like whining about calling someone morbidly obese just that because its fat shaming. That probably is having a negative effect on the numbers.
When i was 15 years old me and my friends met an old man at Denny's who was celebrating his 95th birthday so he shared the cake with us and we asked him: define life from your own experience He replied : TEMPORARY I did not get it at that time but now i do
The point is no matter what time still will get us all

nobody

Reaction score
Sometimes quality trumps quantity. You could live on bland but nutritious food in a hermetically sealed environment with filtered water and air and live a long time, but is that living or just surviving?

gtb1943

Reaction score
My family history will by far dictate how long I live not where I live.
unless you are in a gang area and become a victim of a drive by

But genetics is by far the biggest factor; how well you treat your body during your life the next one; after that where and how you live.

John813

Reaction score
Wild seeing the southeastern part of the US minus SE-FL almost all at 66 is crazy.

Curious to see the leading causes of death per state too.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Another possibility:

most of the lowest life expectancy except for inner cities is areas where you might have more examples of closer genetic linkups due to not many arriving or leaving that area.