Recap: Babe Laufenberg on with Norm Hitzges

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Babe was on with Norm this morning.

Cowboys are establishing an identity, and it's being a running team.
Considers 1st 4 games as a good sample size to see what teams are going to be. There will be ups and downs with every team, things happen. But after 4 games, you get a feel for teams.

Defense, is better, and play well enough to win. can win in Seattle if all play well like they have been.
Both teams pretty evenly matched to points scored and points given up. Said the numbers but can't recall exactly.
Dallas 5th in points, Seattle 6th in scoring, Dallas giving up points is 9th, Seattle 8th, or something like that.

Murray, rsign or not. Said he does enough to want to sign, but doesn't do enough to just let him walk away. Will be a tough decision, but there are a lot of RB's out there, that can run behind this OL.

Hard to be the owner / GM. Owner, big fan, a homer, loyal to the players, GM, need to be hard nose money person. Made those hard choices with Ware & Hatcher.
Coaches vs. GM's. Said gibbs wanted to keep a player another year, Beathard wanted to get rid of them. This caused a lot of issues in Washington.
Garrett and Jones have a great relationship on this. Doesn't mean behind dorrs they don't butt heads, but they always get it worked out.

Babe said there are times he [meaning himself] wish JJ would not address the media, like when he said Callahan would be the play caller last year, but it is the way it is at times. no one is bothered by it on the staff.

About Garrett looking more relaxed. Babe said, well winnig does that. Said look at Joe torre, with the Cards, looked befuddled, but went to the Yankeees, had a better team, was winnig, and loked calm in the dugout.

Said Jason, and he's been friends with him for 20 years, has never changed his demeanor. Jason never waivers and is resilient.

Sees a team playing very well, and defense better than people thought. Much more competitive and enough to get to the playoffs. Not saying the SB, but the playoffs.

Romo with the start this Sunday, is his 114th. Ties him with Roger Staubach. Roger was 85-29 in those games, and add another 11 playoff wins. He did not say what Romo is on his record.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
He's one of those guys that wrote Tony off too.
Sportsbabe doesn't want to hear from him.

That is inaccurate. he said with the injuries and surgery we may be seeing the beginning of the end.

Not exactly writing him off.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You mean Laufenberg?
Babe seemed to be a Romo fan, then before last year, 2013 season, and going into this season, he has been negative about him. Something must have happened on a personal level more so than just football related. It's like he did a 180.

this is the first time I really listened to him, other than game recaps on Sunday nights sports. So not sure how he's been on romo since the season started.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
You mean Laufenberg?
Babe seemed to be a Romo fan, then before last year, 2013 season, and going into this season, he has been negative about him. Something must have happened on a personal level more so than just football related. It's like he did a 180.

this is the first time I really listened to him, other than game recaps on Sunday nights sports. So not sure how he's been on romo since the season started.

Yeah, Laufenberg ... he was one of those guys during training camp saying "oh, the back surgery ... he's done. He can't throw the ball." No matter what anybody who was intimately involved was saying. No matter what Tony said. No matter that there was practically 6 weeks before a real game was to be played. Never gave the 10-year, $100 million, franchise saving QB a chance to see what he could do. No respect.

khiladi

Reaction score

Neither do I. He was throwing Romo on the bus last year to save Garrett. This guy is the biggest Garrett homer of them all. Guy shouldn't even been in Dallas considering he sucked when he was here and cost us a play-off run, throwing floaters in the air that were picked-off. All we needed was one game after Troy went down and guy blew chunks.

Whatever it takes to save Garrett's job. The fact that he admitted that he's known Garrett for this long and been friends with him, explains it all. Watch, when he tries to give him credit.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Neither do I. He was throwing Romo on the bus last year to save Garrett. This guy is the biggest Garrett homer of them all. Guy shouldn't even been in Dallas considering he sucked when he was here and cost us a play-off run, throwing floaters in the air that were picked-off. All we needed was one game after Troy went down and guy blew chunks.

Whatever it takes to save Garrett's job. The fact that he admitted that he's known Garrett for this long and been friends with him, explains it all. Watch, when he tries to give him credit.

I know I included lots of hyperbole in my post regarding Laufenburg but he said that Tony wouldn't be be able to do it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Guys, I don't want to sound like the dog laying turds all over the house with the Mother-in-law coming to visit but Tony still can not through accurately down the field deep. I believe that it is the back and he's still not able to do that very well.

landroverking

Reaction score
Guys, I don't want to sound like the dog laying turds all over the house with the Mother-in-law coming to visit but Tony still can not through accurately down the field deep. I believe that it is the back and he's still not able to do that very well.

It's his legs not back.