Babe Laufenberg visits my school

Scotman

Reaction score
As a few of you know, I am the superintendent of Penelope ISD. We are a small school and play six man football. A book was written about our district called Where Dreams Die Hard a couple of years back. One of our fans is Babe Laufenberg. He tries to attend a game each year.

I had the opportunity to visit with him at our game last night. He is one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet and he stuck around after the game for a good hour and let the boys get photos with him.

I don't seek autographs or even ask to talk to most of these guys simply because I know they never get a break from it. But he took the time to seek me out and visit. Very, very cool.

I've attached a picture. To prevent any confusion, I'm the one in the red.

http://i129.***BLOCKED***/albums/p223/scotman_2006/scots/babe.jpg

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Scotman;1731220 said:
As a few of you know, I am the superintendent of Penelope ISD. We are a small school and play six man football. A book was written about our district called Where Dreams Die Hard a couple of years back. One of our fans is Babe Laufenberg. He tries to attend a game each year.

I had the opportunity to visit with him at our game last night. He is one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet and he stuck around after the game for a good hour and let the boys get photos with him.

I don't seek autographs or even ask to talk to most of these guys simply because I know they never get a break from it. But he took the time to seek me out and visit. Very, very cool.

I've attached a picture. To prevent any confusion, I'm the one in the red.

http://i129.***BLOCKED***/albums/p223/scotman_2006/scots/babe.jpg

That's cool :thumbup:

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
That's great! Thanks for posting this.

Out of curiousity, what is Penelope's mascot?

ndanger

Reaction score
That's cool scotman, but I was expecting to see a picture of a hot chick after reading the thread title.;)

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
6 man football? wouldn't that be just like the 7-7 drills just sans two people?

Scotman

Reaction score
Our mascot is the wolverine. We are in the midst of our best season ever. With another win, we will make the playoffs for the first time in our history.

6-man football is a wild ride from beginning to end. For folks that hate kickers, this is probably the game for you. Lots of points, never ever punt and speed kills.

I love 6-man football.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I believe I've been to the Penelope school. My uncle, Earl Jones, used to be the superintendent of that district (if I've got the school right).

cowboys4life

Reaction score
hey thats awesome Scotman....people does seem pretty genuine...ive always really liked him...congrats

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
congrats man, I am jealous.

I would love to grab a few beers with Springsteen playing in the background and throw a few back with babe and brad.