Twitter: Babe must have seen my posts

Valkyr

Reaction score
I hope when Garrett is trying to negotiate a contract he tells the owner how unimportant he is.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's easily the funniest thing uttered on this board - that Jason Garrett is basically Belichick if circumstances were different.

And given all the funny things that have been said on this board over the years, it really is impressive. Well done, Dre.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Garret outcoached McVay. There I said it. That makes one time this year. Outside of that, Dallas had overwhelming talent to be crap teams or got outcoached. New Orleans, NYJ, NE and Minnesota losses were all on coaching.

GB, Chicago and Buffalo were on the players, IMHO. That leaves:
Players 6-3
Coaches 1-4

Time to fire the coaches.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We will never know. Like we have no idea what Garrettt asked of his defensive staff if he even asked anything at all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's easily the funniest thing uttered on this board - that Jason Garrett is basically Belichick if circumstances were different.

And given all the funny things that have been said on this board over the years, it really is impressive. Well done, Dre.
I think there’s a argument to be made that if Garrett was coaching for a different owner he’d have more power as a head coach. There’s also a argument to be made that if he was in a different organization he’d have even less success than he has now. He inherited a stacked team.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think there’s a argument to be made that if Garrett was coaching for a different owner he’d have more power as a head coach. There’s also a argument to be made that if he was in a different organization he’d have even less success than he has now. He inherited a stacked team.

Sure. You’re right. Although any insinuation he would be as good as Belichek is just Garrett homerism at its finest by the resident Garrett lover.

Your last point is also a good one. There are many coaches in the NFL who never have a QB as good as Romo was. A legit top 5 QB.

And Garrett squandered any chance he had with him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Sure. You’re right. Although any insinuation he would be as good as Belichek is just Garrett homerism at its finest by the resident Garrett lover.

Your last point is also a good one. There are many coaches in the NFL who never have a QB as good as Romo was. A legit top 5 QB.

EHHH.....I CAN'T SAY Romo was ever a top 5 quarterback but he sure played like one a few times in Garrett's reign.
And yeah I'm not going to say he could've or ever been Bellicheat.......even if he cheated like him he still couldn't be. Yeah definitely won't agree with that. I don't know what type of dope he's on to say that.

But I do have to wonder if Garrett had more control would guys like Taco Charlton be on this team or would TJ Watt? Or would Witten have been brought back this year? Just makes you wonder.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Didn’t read all 8 pages but if it’s all about the players and not the coaching how come Dallas is .500? Talent-wise this is one of the best rosters in the league. Fact is Garrett isn’t getting the best out of his players.

Actually on second thought Garrett is great and should be extended for 5 years. Carry on.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
What power does Jason not have? He can bench players if he wants to. What cant he do that if he had power he wouldve done this year?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What power does Jason not have? He can bench players if he wants to. What cant he do that if he had power he wouldve done this year?

I think its the power to bench guys. Guys know they aren't getting benched. Guys know in this organization all you have to do is be a high draft pick or highly paid and you will get playing time. There's nothing to fear here. There's no incentive to play well other than money. Once you get that then what?

cern

Reaction score
Our oc and dc outcoached their counterparts on the rams. Only the lesser astute undervalue good coaching.

Dre11

Reaction score

it's absolutely stupid to say if things were different or of situations were switched , you know one couldn't be as good as the other, Belicheck may not be who he is had he been under Jerry or in Dallas.

Dre11

Reaction score

the point is you don't know. Johnson couldn't last here past 5 years, you have no idea what Garrett would be in New England.

EJK24

Reaction score
So it's all about the players and not the coaches when we arent playing well.

When the roster isnt talented enough it's on the GM for assembling the roster.

The coach simply just gives out a gameplan. It doesn't matter if it plays to his teams strengths or exploits the weakness of the opponent. He has no responsibility in that aspect and basically takes responsibility for nothing. So the coach is the only part of the team that doesnt have to take accountability for anything is essentially what it is. The results, if not good, arent his fault or his problem.

I'm trying to figure out why coaches ever get fired in the NFL since they basically can do no wrong. Its funny how we see several coaching changes a year considering those circumstances.

Well as long as the OP says it, it must be true.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I think its the power to bench guys. Guys know they aren't getting benched. Guys know in this organization all you have to do is be a high draft pick or highly paid and you will get playing time. There's nothing to fear here. There's no incentive to play well other than money. Once you get that then what?
What happens if he benches a guy? What the hell is Jerry gonna do, fire Jason? Lmao. So he wont fire him for being trash but benching a player would set Jerry off. Nah

Number1

Reaction score
Well Garrett figured out that if the Rams can't stop the ground game we'll win so there it is. He's a genius.

It's can be argued the main they kept running the ball were throwing hand and shoulder injuries to Dak

I hate say it but ... it kinda looked that way to me

is that good coaching?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What happens if he benches a guy? What the hell is Jerry gonna do, fire Jason? Lmao. So he wont fire him for being trash but benching a player would set Jerry off. Nah
It’s not Jason. It’s the fact that the players don’t have to respect their coach. What I’m saying isn’t foreign ex players have said it about past teams. It’s a reason why Parcells left....if you don’t see the power structure here being off then go look at how other organizations are ran and find one like Dallas.