Back From T.O.'s Camp Day 2 (pics)

Tanin T.

Ellison Eagle
Reaction score
Hey everybody it's me again with a report on day 2.

DAY 2

Me and dad arrived at Birdville after having breakfast at IHOP across the street. Really nobody there because we were an hour early I guess. But me and dad just sat in the stands. We then decided to go see the Cowboy's Museum that was set up in the huge truck. After 45mins coach Byron had all the kids sit in the stands and then had us go on the field for stretching. After stretching form running and warm ups. After that was a little break.
He talked to us a bit and handed out rewards for showing skill and athleticisim from the previous day. The prize was a brand, spankin' new pair of Nike white and cowboy blue cleats. Yes, I got a pair, size 12.

After that we were broken into 2 groups. All the 12 year olds and up went with coach Rosado to the weight room so he can teach us how to correctly lift weights. The way he taught us how to bench press was the way my coaches at school said NOT to do it...but hey, who's the proffesional? He taught us how to do pauses on the bench press, incline bench press, and leg raises. He also taught us how to squat.

After that was lunch time. Again Micky D's and buffalo wings. This time for the rapp session, it was Byron saying a few things and gave the floor to Vershaun Jackson and he taked about having focus and how much an important role it played in playing football. He also talked about how football is all mental. You have to have a strong mentality to play, becuase 90% of football is all mental toughness. He then had everyone stand up and play "Simon Says" to show us the type of focus we needed to play football with. He went super fast with the says and eventually there were only six of us left. He said that we can either split the $30 he had, 5 each or we can still play so that only one guy can walk away with 30 bucks. We came together and said we wanted to split it like a team. Jackson said that we had perfect focus and we also exhibited gre teamwork so that all of us get a piece, not just one guy. Next was Dudley Williams who played for the the Broncos as an LB. he said that life isn't easy and said you have to fight for it. He isn't exactly the warmest and fuzziest of guys. He said you have to have discipline to make it to the NFL. He also said that working overtime was essential. Don't just do what the coach tells you, do more. And Vershaun also taught us what the NFL REALLY stands for-
Not For Long
Which is true, and he said that just like *snap* you can be cut. Byron closed the session with this thought-you can't play in the NFL forever. That's why goign to college and actually learning something is very important so you can have a job after your career is over.

We then went back outside to warm up again and broke into groups and went to a station. We went to coach Rosado's fullback blocking drill. He taught us to sink our hips, like sitting in a chair, and cock our arms back, and wait for the LB to come, then like punch him blocking and to stay with him.

After that was break tme with the oranges again. We had a couple of guess speakers Larry Brown and Ray Crocket. The SuperBowl defensive MVP Brown, told us about his time in the NFL mainly and what he played. He also took questions, naming all the widerecievers he covered. Crocket then spoke to us and told us what it took to get into the NFL, and what you needed like quick feet and speed. Although Brown and Crocket were late, they stayed awhile before leaving. Here's a pic of me and eric watching them talk-
http://i69.***BLOCKED***/albums/i65/The_Tiger_/Watchingthecoaches.jpg
(I'm the one in the green shorts, eric is drinking)

After that, we went outside to play some 8on8. I had a better position, one I play, OLB. My job was to rush the quarterback....my favorite job. I had to count to 3 thousand but hey. My first play I rushed right in there, (I counted) and sacked the QB for a safety. I also played on offesnse as I guess you can say fullback because I protected my QB from rushers. I remember one play,I rushes in and knocked the QB on his butt and crocket, the coach for the other teams is all-"He didn't count, blah blah blah" and my coach was like-"Nuh uh! He counted!" but crocket was in my face all saying I didn't count and what not and I just waved crocket away, saying "Whatever," and later saying"with all due respect Coach Crocket, but that was a bulls**t call." He just laughed. I was on the sideline next to crocket and we watched his LB rush in and get my QB and crocket was all happy. I said-"Man, that guy didn't count, what's with that?" Crocket looked at me and started laughing and gave me the low five.

T.O. arrived a little earlier that day and watched us play. After the games were over, he called us over and we all took a knee and he spoke to us. After that we went to the same place that we had lunch for the award ceremony. T.O. gave a little speech about thanking us for coming and the usual generic stuff. I couldn't help but notice that all the stuff he said was....hollow, like he didn't care and said it like he had to say it.

But anyway, I won awards for athleticism and leadership. I got a trophy and would've gotten two but I couldn't have two. But hey, being at the camp and listening to the pro's was an enough of an award for me. I ultimately came to appreciate Byron and the other coaches more than T.O. for their hardwork and the time they put in for us. I had the attitude, "Forget T.O. I want to liten to these guys more." I actually appreciated what they had to say to us, especially at the rapp session and felt like I did learn something and came from the camp a better football player.

I want to thank everybody that help donate money so me and eric could go because I will never forget this experience. And Hos, thank you so much for even coming up with the idea for this thing, and making it all happen.

And now pictures!!
Here's me and eric with T.O.
http://i69.***BLOCKED***/albums/i65/The_Tiger_/MeEricandT.jpg

Here's me and Kim (T.O.'s publicist)
http://i69.***BLOCKED***/albums/i65/The_Tiger_/MeandKim.jpg

Here's me and Byron
http://i69.***BLOCKED***/albums/i65/The_Tiger_/MeandByron.jpg

Here's me and Roosevelt
http://i69.***BLOCKED***/albums/i65/The_Tiger_/MeandRoosevelt.jpg

And here's me and Vershaun
http://i69.***BLOCKED***/albums/i65/The_Tiger_/MeandVershaun.jpg

The pro LB Preston Taylor also gave me his number so I can call him anytime. He said that we all stick together and if I ever have any questions, want to know info, or just to talk, I can call him anytime.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Damn. You are 12 ? ? ?

Wearing a size 12 Shoe ? ? ?

Or am I reading it wrong ?

How many 12 year olds use the word "hollow" when describing someones words ?

Are you Danny Almonte ?

Nice read though.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
Damn. You are 12 ? ? ?

Wearing a size 12 Shoe ? ? ?

Or am I reading it wrong ?

How many 12 year olds use the word "hollow" when describing someones words ?

Are you Danny Almonte ?

Nice read though.

Yeah, he's a size 12. He isn't twelve years old, he's fifteen, man.

Tanin T.

Ellison Eagle
Reaction score
I know I look a little silly with Roosevelt, that's because my dad took the picture early. Way to go pop. (lol j/k)

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Tass said:
Yeah, he's a size 12. He isn't twelve years old, he's fifteen, man.

The line where he was talking about taking the 12 year olds up so he could teach us, is what made me ask. I see it was editted.

No harm, no foul. I was just in awe.

Congrats on the experience. As long as you continue to learn and grow from these type of experiences, it will be fruitful.

Again nice read, and thanks for the shots.

Nice to see that there are some young people that have a good head on their shoulders and were raised properly. Go thank your folks, seems like you are going to be a fine young man.

And Hos, cool opportunity you and DCZ were able to do for these guys. Kudos.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Tanin T. said:
No I am 15 years old. Yes, I wear a 12 shoe.

I didnt wear a 12 until I was 22. Gosh darn genes. Although I went to Jr High with a kid that was wearing a 15 at age 13.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
They line where he was talking about taking the 12 year olds up so he could teach us, is what made me ask. I see it was editted.

Heh heh...he said 'All the 12 year olds and up went with coach Rosado'. He probably should have said 'all the kids 12 and older'.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Tanin T. said:
I know I look a little silly with Roosevelt, that's because my dad took the picture early. Way to go pop. (lol j/k)

A silly question, but, how come you don't have on the same t-shirts as all the other guys?

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
5Stars said:
A silly question, but, how come you don't have on the same t-shirts as all the other guys?

Well, he was so irritated by Owens' perfunctory appearance that he refused to wear the t-shirt as a silent protest.

:tongue:

Just kidding! Actually, he didn't want to get his TO camp t-shirt all stinky and dirty. (That's what he told me, anyway)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
You got the man's phone number. Sweet! Use it Tanin. Let him be a mentor if he's offering it. That doesn't happen to every kid.

Congrats on the award and the cleats. Will you use them or treasure them?

Tanin T.

Ellison Eagle
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You got the man's phone number. Sweet! Use it Tanin. Let him be a mentor if he's offering it. That doesn't happen to every kid.

Congrats on the award and the cleats. Will you use them or treasure them?

My dad told me you played college football and he has your phone number. Maybe I'll call you, too! lol

I would use the cleats but they are Cowboy colors and my school team colors are green and white. So I'll just kind of keep them as a trophy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SkinsandTerps said:
And Hos, cool opportunity you and DCZ were able to do for these guys. Kudos.
In all seriousness, all credit goes to everyone who donated. Especially the folks I had to call late when some donations didn't come in. They really came through. All I did was try and keep the donations straight and get the info to the campers and their folks.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Tanin T. said:
My dad told me you played college football and he has your phone number. Maybe I'll call you, too! lol

I would use the cleats but they are Cowboy colors and my school team colors are green and white. So I'll just kind of keep them as a trophy.

Call him a.....sorry I can't say that :D

Tanin T.

Ellison Eagle
Reaction score
But yeah, I don't think I'll wear them...maybe keep them as a trophy, and Preston giving me his number? Yes! I will definetly call him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tanin T. said:

LOL

Yeah I did play and yeah you can call me anytime. I played MLB in HS on defense, a little different than OLB, but not too far removed.

To you and Eric, as well as any of the HS players on this forum, please feel free to share your game experiences this coming season in the Members Zone. We'd like to see how all of you are doing.