Back Off Romo Some - It Wasn't Jessica He Was Trying So Hard For

coblue

Reaction score
[ Sunday ] was the first game Romo's father attended since undergoing prostate cancer surgery.
[ Romo's ] parents accepted the Bob Lilly Award on his behalf at halftime.

msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7560390

I am mixed after learning this. I can understand wanting to honor your dad - and to a lesser extent, your girl.

But my nature says at some point you have to sit down on the end of the bench, take a deep breath or 2, calm down, and be a professional.

I know it is frustrating to have to dink and dunk because thats what the defense gives you and not to get many shots to make a difference - but the team is there to win the game and wining the game is all that matters.

I believe this game a was a convergence of emotions that got the best of Romo and he could not give in to being patient. We will get vintage Romo and Cowboys on Saturday where he is like 23 for 29 with 2 or 3 TD's and more runs as the game progresses.

burmafrd

Reaction score
That is very possible. A whole lot better reason then Jessica for sure.

sago1

Reaction score
I also think you need to remember that the Eagles DC said they were coming after Romo and because he was still an inexperienced QB he would make mistakes against them which the Eagles must take advantage of. Romo had a bad game for several reasons but also because the Eagles schemes against him including putting a spy on Barber.