CFZ Background Thoughts Through 4 Games

McMicah

Reaction score
Here are some thoughts relative to the non superstar players through 4 games. There roles will become critical in a playoff run and are just as important as the superstars playing to their ceiling.

1. CJ Goodwin might be on his last leg. On punt returns, he seems to barely impact gunners and Turpin fair catches way too much.

2. This team is in LB purgatory. They play ‘ok’ with a few flashes and a few ‘what the heck was that?’ every game

3. Chuma is not a LT. Right now he’s my 3rd stringer behind Asim Richards. Don’t know why Asim isn’t getting a chance.

4. Deuce seems to always be running in obvious run down situations or someone is always getting contacted in the backfield. I’d really love a screen or a Texas route or something to get him in space

5. Aubrey is amazing and I truly believed he was going to make a 66 yarder today. I have no clue why the Cowboys didn’t call a timeout after the Patriots weak first down attempt.

6. Bones Fassel is the most underrated contributor on this team. Dudes always looking for an angle, and is excellent at his job.

7. Tolbert is legit. I’m a believer now, and I think his absolute lowest floor is a steady contributor as a rockstar 4th receiver. I think he can grow into a 2nd or 3rd easily. Turpin is also needing to be a more regular part of the O

8. Gholston seems to be getting lots of snaps out there on impact plays. Glad to see him taking that step. I wish I knew where Fehoko was in his development.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Here are some thoughts relative to the non superstar players through 4 games. There roles will become critical in a playoff run and are just as important as the superstars playing to their ceiling.

1. CJ Goodwin might be on his last leg. On punt returns, he seems to barely impact gunners and Turpin fair catches way too much.

2. This team is in LB purgatory. They play ‘ok’ with a few flashes and a few ‘what the heck was that?’ every game

3. Chuma is not a LT. Right now he’s my 3rd stringer behind Asim Richards. Don’t know why Asim isn’t getting a chance.

4. Deuce seems to always be running in obvious run down situations or someone is always getting contacted in the backfield. I’d really love a screen or a Texas route or something to get him in space

5. Aubrey is amazing and I truly believed he was going to make a 66 yarder today. I have no clue why the Cowboys didn’t call a timeout after the Patriots weak first down attempt.

6. Bones Fassel is the most underrated contributor on this team. Dudes always looking for an angle, and is excellent at his job.

7. Tolbert is legit. I’m a believer now, and I think his absolute lowest floor is a steady contributor as a rockstar 4th receiver. I think he can grow into a 2nd or 3rd easily. Turpin is also needing to be a more regular part of the O

8. Gholston seems to be getting lots of snaps out there on impact plays. Glad to see him taking that step. I wish I knew where Fehoko was in his development.
Bones has been amazing, we went from barely any special teams play a year to multiple ones a season

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
Also dorance Armstrong has been quieter than i hoped, he had a good play this game but since the giants game hes been quiet’ish.

McMicah

Reaction score
Also dorance Armstrong has been quieter than i hoped, he had a good play this game but since the giants game hes been quiet’ish.
I need to go look at his snap count. He’s had a high rate of success against the snaps he gets

plasticman

Reaction score
My opinion is going to be extremely unpopular.

I love a good story as much as the next person but the coaches have an obligation to build the best team they can based on ability. Most marginal young players are going to be given their shot but they will have a short window to prove they earned it.

So far Deuce has carried the ball 17 times for 33 yards. If you take away the 13 yard gain that would leave 16 carries for 20 yards.

......16 carries for 20 yards...........

Right now it's difficult to convince most fans that there is some favoritism going on here. Does anyone want to try and convince me that Malik Davis wouldn't get more with 17 carries?

Why is Deuce still on the active roster? I've seen nothing dynamic about his level of play.

I realize he is a fan favorite, and some might want to defend him like some kid brother. I understand that but please don't shoot the messenger and keep your insults clean.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
My opinion of this team’s chances awaits next week versus the Niners.

All we know is we’re the same as last year. A defense that either dominates or gets dominated by the run and has to play with the lead.

Offensive line is still questionable for health issues. Running situation has improved but we now stink at red zone offense,

We’re a team that still wins from defensive and special teams turnovers but when those don’t happen, we struggle.

jrumann59

Reaction score
My opinion of this team’s chances awaits next week versus the Niners.

All we know is we’re the same as last year. A defense that either dominates or gets dominated by the run and has to play with the lead.

Offensive line is still questionable for health issues. Running situation has improved but we now stink at red zone offense,

We’re a team that still wins from defensive and special teams turnovers but when those don’t happen, we struggle.
Because the team can't run in the red zone. Zeke was on his last legs but you need a plugger type back that can make contact move the pile, all the back are smallish and unless there is misdirection or trickery will fail at short yardage field position.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Micah did nothing this game (here comes the bashing) lol

I don't think bashing someone who doesn't understand something is the correct way to go. Like I'll admit I know nothing about soccer and would have no clue if someone played good. You're like that with football. We are all human and should respect each other.

I always find it cool when someone is just getting into a sport. Welcome aboard!

kevm3

Reaction score
One person who has been showing up lately is Gallup. He was invisible last year and looked slow, which is understandable coming off of injury. He's been making some big catches for us though.

Ferguson is firmly cementing himself as TE1, which is not surprising.

Deuce pretty much needs to be used like Turpin. Runninig him up the middle will usually result in a 1 or 2 yard gain.

On a side note though, I go all in this year. If we can pluck an impact player from another team with a 2nd rounder, I do iti.

Aftershock

Reaction score
Dak did not look great. It’s pretty evident by now that MM does not trust Dak to go deep. as shown by the constant sideline throws and gadget plays.

Also Daks constant “hERE wEee gOoOo” is very cringe. He needs to mix up different cadences to confuse the defense.

plymkr

Reaction score
In my opinion Tolbert was the difference in the game. Tolbert started the momentum by that play on the PR, which got the strip sack TD. After that Mac was rattled and pressed and Bland did his thing. Then it was game over by halftime.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about Micah's ankle or knee? Yes I'm a little paranoid due to all the injuries this season.
I heard the ankle was fine. It just got stepped on and was sore from that. His knee was reported as "twisted" which usually means the kneecap got slightly dislocated. No big deal besides it hurts.

They rubbed some dirt on it, had him walk it off, and sent him back out there.