Backup QB for next year

Zman5

Reaction score
Most of us are focusing on improving the defense for next year and understandably so. But the backup QB is a positions we need to improve that is as important as the defense.

We need to get someone better than Sanchez. We need to be more prepared than we've been past 10 years . I don't want to hear, "we can't win without Dak", if he gets injured.

I don't want to go through 2015 season again if Dak goes down next year. I'm not sure who will be available but we can't ignore this position going into the 2017 season thinking Sanchez and Moore is the answer.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Finding a back up QB you can win with is easier said than done. Some teams struggle to find a starter. If a guy is that good, he'll have a starting job elsewhere.

The reality is it's pretty close to impossible to have a successful season if you lose your starting QB for a significant length of time. You need a guy who can hold the fort for a game or two, and that's probably the best you'll find.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Give me Butt Fumble and a 3rd QB in the draft or udfa with some moxie..might as well have one in our pocket with our luck..

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It may not be very inspiring but just keep Sanchez. If Romo leaves we are probably done if Dak get hurts.

Mark-Sanchez-butt-fumble.gif

Aven8

Reaction score
I say Moore. He then can become the OC when Linny leaves.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Dak is stout and young. He has a great chance to stay healthy into his 30s. Moore and Sanchez battle it out for the backup spot. Our resources should have a singular focus.... Defense

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
It'd be nice if we could finally get 10-15 years of healthy QB stability (a la Peyton/Eli) in Dak.

He looks to be very sturdy, so hopefully, he's the one to do it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Most of us are focusing on improving the defense for next year and understandably so. But the backup QB is a positions we need to improve that is as important as the defense.

We need to get someone better than Sanchez. We need to be more prepared than we've been past 10 years . I don't want to hear, "we can't win without Dak", if he gets injured.

I don't want to go through 2015 season again if Dak goes down next year. I'm not sure who will be available but we can't ignore this position going into the 2017 season thinking Sanchez and Moore is the answer.
Right or wrong, if I had to guess right now, I'd predict that they hope Moore will be the backup. They love him in that role.

robjay04

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind drafting someone and letting him openly compete with Sanchez and Moore.

The team has a good infrastructure in place to develop quarterbacks and don't forget about Showers, a lot of people like him and it's good to have a backup with a similar skill set as the starter.

btcutter

Reaction score
I'm honestly fine with Sanchez. I feel some have unrealistic expectations of what a backup QB is supposed to be.

No way I keep Sanchez. I rather go with Moore. I think he can manage this team with Zek behind him. I don't see any back up QBs that I really want out there. Time to draft another developmental QB as a 3rd stringer.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
No way I keep Sanchez. I rather go with Moore. I think he can manage this team with Zek behind him. I don't see any back up QBs that I really want out there. Time to draft another developmental QB as a 3rd stringer.
As others have said, let Sanchez and Moore compete the backup job.