Bad Food & Bad Service Stories

timb2

Reaction score
I now live in Nashville,TN. I like to watch the Cowboys games at Hooters. I always joked " If the Cowboys lose, atleast I had a nice view for the day". Well I just moved back to Nashville,I use to live there in the 90s. I went to the Hooters at 217 Largo Road in Nashville. My experience was awful. I walked in and no hostess at the podium. I waited 5-10 minutes , no hostess still and none of the waitresses where they gather by the food pick up area right behind the podium even acknowledged me either. So I sat myself at a table maybe 10 feet away between the food pickup area and the bar( A heavy traffic area for the waitresses to see I'm at a table). I wait another easily 15 minutes maybe 20 minutes before my waitress approaches me. She never smiled or gave her name they usually would write it on a napkin. I ordered politely a glass of water and an appetizer. I got my water about 5-10 minutes later,but the appetizer about 45 minutes- to 1 hour later and this place is not even half full. During the wait,I drank the glass of water and the waitress never came to check in on me or ask if I needed a refill . I want to see the Cowboys game and I see the hostess and try to say can you change one tv please because the waitress never stops to check in on me. She the hostess looked at me with disdain. and not saying a word or even acknowledge I was there just breezed by me. My appetizer finally comes out and it is wrong. So the waitress takes it back. I get a new one about 30 minutes later. It tasted awful the chicken was cold with horrible flavor and the tater tots were burnt like the grease hadn't been changed in a month. I was going to get a To Go Order for a friend but nixed that after my food experience.The waitresses there were not the nice smiling cute girls you expect. All these waitresses looked like Thugs from a crappy strip club.Fake eyelashes,fake weaves,tattoos,corn rows. They need to change the name of this place from Hooters to " Hoodrats".

So tell us about your bad service & food stories.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Wife and I were on our way out of town couple of years ago. Stopped for breakfast at a small cafe in a small town, figured to give them some business, help out the locals. (Chain place just a couple of miles up the road, so did have a choice.)

Went in and sat down. Only one other table. After about 5 mins waitress came over, brought menus. Waited another 10 minutes before she came back. No water, had to ask for it. Ordered standard breakfast - bacon, ham, eggs, toast. Waited about 20 mins. Waitress came back. "Sorry, no ham, no wheat toast." Asked for waffle. "We're out". Wife said just bring eggs for me.
Waited ANOTHER 15 mins. Got order. Bacon barely cooked, eggs cold, toast soggy.

Next time passed by, about a month later, closed.

Wonder why?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow, you should definitely write in to Hooters and let them know. Sometimes they have off nights, but this sounds like just a badly managed restaurant.

I don't usually have bad experiences at restaurants. I guess the worst I can think of was recently, when I was training a new driver, he suggested going to Hooters for lunch, but I told him they wouldn't be open yet. He looked online and said they open at 11:30, so we went there and they weren't open until 12. He suggested a place up the street where I've never been, so I said sure.

We were one of 2 tables, and it took the waitress about 5 minutes to come over. She took our orders, and 45 minutes later we got our food. A chicken sandwich and a burger...45 minutes! His burger was raw, when he asked for it medium well. Another 25 minutes before he got his new burger.

Never again.

timb2

Reaction score
Wife and I were on our way out of town couple of years ago. Stopped for breakfast at a small cafe in a small town, figured to give them some business, help out the locals. (Chain place just a couple of miles up the road, so did have a choice.)

Went in and sat down. Only one other table. After about 5 mins waitress came over, brought menus. Waited another 10 minutes before she came back. No water, had to ask for it. Ordered standard breakfast - bacon, ham, eggs, toast. Waited about 20 mins. Waitress came back. "Sorry, no ham, no wheat toast." Asked for waffle. "We're out". Wife said just bring eggs for me.
Waited ANOTHER 15 mins. Got order. Bacon barely cooked, eggs cold, toast soggy.

Next time passed by, about a month later, closed.

Wonder why?
I have written Hooters on FB. REVIEWS and they must be scared to post mine but others also said that same Hooters was bad.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Have a similar experience with Hooters, went with a couple of friends to eat/watch a Monday Night game. Getting service was slow, it literally took almost until halftime to get our food. The excuse was the cook walked out in the middle of a shift and they had nobody. They comped us some free Macaroni and Cheese to make up for it. It was some of the worst tasting food you can imagine, wings, nachos, mac/cheese, all vile. Anyways me at least, never went back and have no plans to either. I will starve first.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Have a similar experience with Hooters, went with a couple of friends to eat/watch a Monday Night game. Getting service was slow, it literally took almost until halftime to get our food. The excuse was the cook walked out in the middle of a shift and they had nobody. They comped us some free Macaroni and Cheese to make up for it. It was some of the worst tasting food you can imagine, wings, nachos, mac/cheese, all vile. Anyways me at least, never went back and have no plans to either. I will starve first.
Every manager has to know how to cook the food, so if they said they had nobody, the manager(s) on duty need to go.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Every manager has to know how to cook the food, so if they said they had nobody, the manager(s) on duty need to go.

Yep, and i would presume{?}they had more than one cook. Me personally thought it was a BS excuse, just made up to cover their incompetence. Either way they can kiss my grits. :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep, and i would presume{?}they had more than one cook. Me personally thought it was a BS excuse, just made up to cover their incompetence. Either way they can kiss my grits. :laugh:
The one I usually go to gets backed up pretty quickly sometimes. Sometimes it's because they're short staffed, sometimes it's just because they don't have a big enough kitchen to cook for the whole restaurant at once...but the food is always good, at least.