Bad news about me

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Hey fellas, since you guys helped send me to TO's camp this past summer I just thought I would let you know how things are going. Well it started out great. But just a few days ago, I broke my jaw. I now will be out 6-9 weeks depending on what the doctor says. I have my mouth wired shut for 6 weeks.

So if you know of anything that is good through a blender let me know, ha. I need one of Witten's helmets after he broke his, lol.

Mods feel free to move this, I just thought I would let y'all know since you sent me to TO's camp.

Eric

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Suck it up Junior!! Witten was back out there in two days!!:D

Only kidding, Eric. I feel for you my man, and I hope you are able to recover quickly and play for your school. My best wishes to you.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
That bites. :D

I KEED, I KEED!

You can still use the time to stay conditioned and lift weights, so it will work out fine. You'll be back on the gridiron in no time at all.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Hey Eric, sorry to hear this. I hope the other guy is in worse shape. :wink2:

Soups and protein shakes will keep you from wasting away. I don't recommend soups high in sodium. You can keep the weight on and even play if things work right.

Oh yeah, no Chunky soup. The spokesperson makes me think you'd choke.

:grin:

In all seriousness get well.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
You're about to lose a lot of weight. For me, right now, that would be a terrific thing! But yeah, in high school, it sucks. :( Good luck! Hope it heals fast!

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Thanks for the support

I'm still going to be practicing, just without pads and contact. So I'll definatly have my routes finely tuned. I'm actually figuring I might gain weight with all the high protein, high nurtients stuff I've been constantly drinking.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Dang! Sorry to hear that......keep a positive attitude and hope your playing again real soon!

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Hey E... yeah I remember my dad got his jaw broke from a punch in the grill... :laugh2:

He drank a lot of milkshakes... lots of fun, but not what I'd recommend if you want to stay in shape :D

Well, here's wishing you a speedy recovery... You'll be ready in time for district:crossed:, which is what matters. You'll just have to represent when the time comes.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
man that sucks eric. hopefully you'r like me and make quick speedy recoveries. gods speed bud

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
daquiris and margaritas are what keeps the dust off the old blender 'round here. which is why my liver is in traction. welp, here's to a speedy recovery eric.

but seriously, go easy on the dairy (that stuff'll kill a geezer like me). soy-based alternatives.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
daquiris and margaritas are what keeps the dust off the old blender 'round here. which is why my liver is in traction. welp, here's to a speedy recovery eric.

but seriously, go easy on the dairy. that stuff'll kill a geezer like me. soy-based alternatives.

I was gonna say, "Come on man, he's in high school... He'll have to run 40 miles for that." But then I realized he lives in Nazareth, and yes I've heard the stories E.:laugh2:

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
I missed 3 weeks last year with a torn Labrum in my shoulder here are the things i did to go right back into the lineup when i was cleared.....for two weeks before i tore my acl......doh!

Do Alot of sprints
Learn every one of your plays perfectly
Spent lots of time around your coaches
Let them know you aren't going away
Be upbeat and maintain a sense of being a team leader

Heal up buddy i wish the best for you

side note: how many weeks is your season and when does it start?

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
I was gonna say, "Come on man, he's in high school... He'll have to run 40 miles for that." But then I realized he lives in Nazareth, and yes I've heard the stories E.:laugh2:

Yeah thats Naz and the stories are true, but I honestly haven't ever taken a drink in high school, just not for me.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
I missed 3 weeks last year with a torn Labrum in my shoulder here are the things i did to go right back into the lineup when i was cleared.....for two weeks before i tore my acl......doh!

Do Alot of sprints
Learn every one of your plays perfectly
Spent lots of time around your coaches
Let them know you aren't going away
Be upbeat and maintain a sense of being a team leader

Heal up buddy i wish the best for you

side note: how many weeks is your season and when does it start?

Thanks for the advice, and there are 11 weeks in a season, 10 games then playoffs. And it all starts Sept. 2

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
sorry to hear eric..........how exactly did you get your jaw broken?

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I wish T.O. would break his jaw at T.O. camp...

That might be the only way to shut him up.

Chocolate milkshakes, eric.
mmm mmm.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
Yeah thats Naz and the stories are true, but I honestly haven't ever taken a drink in high school, just not for me.

Having grown up about an hour from Naz, I can confirm some of the stories as well :) Heck, I have been a part of some of the craziness, always good times though :)

Get better soon eric!

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that man.

Hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to the gridiron better than ever.

I am sure you could go to GNC or something and get plenty of milkshake type of drinks that will keep you sustained that will have all of the dietary needs that will suffice.

At least you can still workout to stay in game shape, and will have more time to lift and build your stamina through other activities.