bad news...

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
according to the sports update section of the Dallas Morning News website, Larry Allen is sitting out the first practice... :bang2:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Thus begins the daily allotment of 5,000 threads calling for a disatorous end to our season because a player sits out a day of camp :rolleyes:

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
for now it says more details to come guys, apparently he's walking around in shorts and a t-shirt so hopefully its nothin serious

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
That's it the season is over.

:D

no, it means that Larry allen is donew for the season and without him, our OL is gonna collaspe and a RB wont rech 1000 yards, and both Drews are gonna get their head knocked off

:D:D

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
Hell, let's just send San Diego a Christmas card with an early present.... :D

Right you are!

I think we start a petition to just forfeit that game. No sense even playing. :)

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dargonking999 said:
no, it means that Larry allen is donew for the season and without him, our OL is gonna collaspe and a RB wont rech 1000 yards, and both Drews are gonna get their head knocked off

:D:D

Heck I heard it was career ending. :)

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Allen misses first practice; Burnett signs

12:02 PM CDT on Saturday, July 30, 2005

By MATT MOSLEY / ***BANNED-URL*** and TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

OXNARD, Calif. - Cowboys veteran left guard Larry Allen failed a conditioning test Friday and was not in uniform for the first practice of training camp Saturday morning.

As practice begain at 9 a.m., Allen stood alone in shorts and a T-shirt on a vacant practice field as his teammates went through drills.

He was the only player who failed the conditioning test according to club officials.

Allen, whom coaches had praised for having an excellent off-season, could end up on the team's physically-unable-to-perform list.

Coach Bill Parcells, who will hold his daily news conference today at 1:30 p.m. (CT), said Friday that he didn't want any "Korey Stringer situations" alluding to the late Minnesota Vikings offensive lineman who collapsed and died during the team's training camp in 2001.

Also, linebacker Kevin Burnett, the Cowboys' second-round draft pick, signed a five-year deal that includes a bonus of a little more than $1.8 million. The deal can void to four years based on playing-time incentives.

Burnett signed his deal in time to make the team's first practice Saturday morning.

Burnett started 23 of 45 career games at Tennessee and all eight games he played in during the 2004 season.

jimmy40

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I heard he just needed to take a dump and didn't want to take any chances.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I heard as one of the vets Bill allowed to get to Oxnard on his own, Larry chose to hang glide in.

That decision cost him two discs and a chipped tooth.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BlueStar22 said:
Allen misses first practice; Burnett signs

12:02 PM CDT on Saturday, July 30, 2005

By MATT MOSLEY / ***BANNED-URL*** and TODD ARCHER / The Dallas Morning News

OXNARD, Calif. - Cowboys veteran left guard Larry Allen failed a conditioning test Friday and was not in uniform for the first practice of training camp Saturday morning.

As practice begain at 9 a.m., Allen stood alone in shorts and a T-shirt on a vacant practice field as his teammates went through drills.

He was the only player who failed the conditioning test according to club officials.

Allen, whom coaches had praised for having an excellent off-season, could end up on the team's physically-unable-to-perform list.

Coach Bill Parcells, who will hold his daily news conference today at 1:30 p.m. (CT), said Friday that he didn't want any "Korey Stringer situations" alluding to the late Minnesota Vikings offensive lineman who collapsed and died during the team's training camp in 2001.

Also, linebacker Kevin Burnett, the Cowboys' second-round draft pick, signed a five-year deal that includes a bonus of a little more than $1.8 million. The deal can void to four years based on playing-time incentives.

Burnett signed his deal in time to make the team's first practice Saturday morning.

Burnett started 23 of 45 career games at Tennessee and all eight games he played in during the 2004 season.
Thanks Blue.

Sucks for L.A. as he's the only one who had to sit out. Hopefully his pride will work for him and not against him.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
"Allen, whom coaches had praised for having an excellent off-season, could end up on the team's physically-unable-to-perform list."

:storm: :omg: