Bailey Zappe

RonWashington

Reaction score
I see NE took a QB one year after Mac Davis had a very nice rookie year being what the 15th pick round one in 2021 . I could read into this that coach Bill B is telling Davis don’t get complacent you better improve , help the Patriots go beyond yr one round one humiliation in the Buffalo debacle .

Year 7 with # 4 . AT some point competition makes a player either better or you lose the job to someone better . What’s the downside of Dallas drafting competition at this position ?

Flamma

Reaction score
I see NE took a QB one year after Mac Davis had a very nice rookie year being what the 15th pick round one in 2021 . I could read into this that coach Bill B is telling Davis don’t get complacent you better improve , help the Patriots go beyond yr one round one humiliation in the Buffalo debacle .

Year 7 with # 4 . AT some point competition makes a player either better or you lose the job to someone better . What’s the downside of Dallas drafting competition at this position ?

We're first going to have to establish who Mac Davis is. I couldn't find him anywhere in the NFL. I'm going out on a limb and assuming you meant Mac Jones.

Remember, just because you draft a quarterback doesn't mean he's competition. Zappe might not even be as good as Cooper Rush. I think Bill just wanted some young talent. I doubt he thinks the 3rd pick in the 4th round was going to compete, or scare his starter. If you really want competition then draft one in the 2nd round. That would be a move that speaks to your starting QB. Like when the Patriots drafted Garoppolo.

RonWashington

Reaction score
We're first going to have to establish who Mac Davis is. I couldn't find him anywhere in the NFL. I'm going out on a limb and assuming you meant Mac Jones.

Remember, just because you draft a quarterback doesn't mean he's competition. Zappe might not even be as good as Cooper Rush. I think Bill just wanted some young talent. I doubt he thinks the 3rd pick in the 4th round was going to compete, or scare his starter. If you really want competition then draft one in the 2nd round. That would be a move that speaks to your starting QB. Like when the Patriots drafted Garoppolo.

Mac Jones ….Ooops. Zappe did throw for an amazing amount of TD’s at Western Ky Of course Kellen Moore had a quite a career at Boise and Mike White the ex Cowboy Jet hopeful one game wonder was Western Ky proud as well I believe . Coach Bill did spend what a 4 on Zappe when he could have drafted a WR or a RB to help out Jones .

My bigger point is Jones Dak or just about anyone not named Brady Mahomes or Burrow gets complacent when no one is competing for the job .

Mac Davis can remain on the practice squad , for now.

Last edited: