Baker Mayfield

Verdict

Reaction score
One of the leading candidates for the Heisman trophy, and a prolific passer, but a bit on the small side for a prototypical NFL QB.

Where do you guys think he will go in the draft. I could see him being anything from the #1 overall pick to about the 3rd round because of his size.

I would love to see us grab him if he falls to the 3rd.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
#1 overall? Zero chance. If he goes in the 1st round at all, that would be a surprise but you never know, with teams taking guys like Manziel and Weeden in the 1st round.

He's a 3rd rounder at the earliest IMO. I don't see him having starter potential in the NFL but could be a great backup to have.

Verdict

Reaction score
You draft BPA. You don't pass on Ladainian Tomlinson if if have Zeke on your team.

visionary

Reaction score
You draft BPA. You don't pass on Ladainian Tomlinson if if have Zeke on your team.

I have no problem with drafting talent ESP at QB position, it is your "he is a winner" comment I have a problem with. I also am not interested in drafting a player with the idea of him being "a stud backup" (how many stud players do you know that are back ups? Lol) .

If the scouts and FO truly believe ANY available QB can start in this league and is a better prospect than Rush I would welcome it if we draft him. Just not for the reasons you outlined.

Verdict

Reaction score
Yes you do lol. You maybe will do that later in the draft but the Cowboys are in no position to draft to waste a 3rd rounder on a quarterback. Now a 6th rounder? Ok.

If Ladainian Tomlinson was in the draft and you waited until the 6th round to select him that would mean you either don't know what you are doing or high. Lol.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Nope....
Watching him @ OU makes me puke, he is{just as many OU QBs before him} a system player and wont amount to nothing more than a backup in the NFL. Plus he is an arrogant Dbag:laugh:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Ladainian Tomlinson was in the draft and you waited until the 6th round to select him that would mean you either don't know what you are doing or high. Lol.
Well you don't know what any of these guys will be though. You may think you are drafting LT but you may be getting Trent Richardson.

Verdict

Reaction score
Well you don't know what any of these guys will be though. You may think you are drafting LT but you may be getting Trent Richardson.

That's true of every player drafted. So if you think you have the next LT. You pull the trigger. If we had any of the top RBs, even as high as the first round it might make a 4 to 6 win difference for us this year. We forced the pick on Taco and so far it has been a disaster.

If a stud left tackle fell to us you wouldn't pass on him just because we had Tyron Smith. He would have paid huge dividends yesterday. Same for Sean Lee.

mardwin

Reaction score
One of the leading candidates for the Heisman trophy, and a prolific passer, but a bit on the small side for a prototypical NFL QB.

Where do you guys think he will go in the draft. I could see him being anything from the #1 overall pick to about the 3rd round because of his size.

I would love to see us grab him if he falls to the 3rd.

He's a top 15 pick. He's a similar player as DeShaun Watson not as mobile but similar style of play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That's true of every player drafted. So if you think you have the next LT. You pull the trigger. If we had any of the top RBs, even as high as the first round it might make a 4 to 6 win difference for us this year. We forced the pick on Taco and so far it has been a disaster.

If a stud left tackle fell to us you wouldn't pass on him just because we had Tyron Smith. He would have paid huge dividends yesterday. Same for Sean Lee.

You don't need the next LT though. The next LT wouldn't take us where we need to go. You have Zeke already. I'm down with BPA but you have to be smart about it.

Verdict

Reaction score
You don't need the next LT though. The next LT wouldn't take us where we need to go. You have Zeke already. I'm down with BPA but you have to be smart about it.

You don't need to draft a player who can't play and piss off the pick. Better to pick a stud at a position you don't need today than a guy who is a maybe player ("reach"). If we had drafted Mixon, or Hunt, or some of the other rookies setting the world on fire we wouldn't miss Zeke. If you think these six games are the only games that Zeke will miss on his rookie contract you might be right, but the smart money is betting against that statistically. Injuries happen. I really hate to piss off a year of Dak and Zeke's cheap contracts (and this offensive line) and the play of this defensive line for that matter because we don't have an acceptable backup for Zeke. If we could see how important the position is to the Cowboys you would think that they could see the same thing.

Verdict

Reaction score

You have to trust your draft board. Otherwise why do evaluations? Just throw a dart at a dart board.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You don't need to draft a player who can't play and piss off the pick. Better to pick a stud at a position you don't need today than a guy who is a maybe player ("reach"). If we had drafted Mixon, or Hunt, or some of the other rookies setting the world on fire we wouldn't miss Zeke. If you think these six games are the only games that Zeke will miss on his rookie contract you might be right, but the smart money is betting against that statistically. Injuries happen. I really hate to piss off a year of Dak and Zeke's cheap contracts (and this offensive line) and the play of this defensive line for that matter because we don't have an acceptable backup for Zeke. If we could see how important the position is to the Cowboys you would think that they could see the same thing.
If we had drafted Mixon or Hunt? Mixon or Hunt aren't Zeke. You weren't drafting a Zeke. He wasn't a top 10 projected pick because of luck. He was one of the most gifted backs to ever. We waste a pick on those guys and we miss out on Chido or Lewis? No thanks.

Verdict

Reaction score
If we had drafted Mixon or Hunt? Mixon or Hunt aren't Zeke. You weren't drafting a Zeke. He wasn't a top 10 projected pick because of luck. He was one of the most gifted backs to ever. We waste a pick on those guys and we miss out on Chido or Lewis? No thanks.

If you had drafted Mixon in the first it wouldn't have cost us either one of them. If we had traded back (which is what we should have done if we didn't want Mixon at #28 we would have acquired even more draft picks. Are you making this stuff up as you are going along? I'm talking about not taking Taco and drafting a good player. Any good player at any good position. LOL.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you had drafted Mixon in the first it wouldn't have cost us either one of them. If we had traded back (which is what we should have done if we didn't want Mixon at #28 we would have acquired even more draft picks. Are you making this stuff up as you are going along? I'm talking about not taking Taco and drafting a good player. Any good player at any good position. LOL.

Who in the world was using a first round on Mixon after he just knocked that girl out? Come on man.........