Balance (revisited)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The one thing that stood out to me above all else was the steadfast (almost stubborn) adherence to a balanced attack. That, my friends, is a rock solid formula for success. When you allow your offensive linemen to fire out on occasion, you raise the level of excitement and interest from that area and find that the overall blocking benefits as a result. I kept saying to myself that they would abandon it but they surprised me with a level of continuity never before seen from this team. It almost felt too good to be true. Was Bill Callahan home sick? Was Jason Garrett on personal Leave? I kid I kid... But, seriously, if this team builds upon the balanced approach that they finally utilized they will win the division. 9-7 will definitely win our sorry excuse for a division this year.

Lastly, as upset as I was at Tony and the INT, after my three hour grievance window I was unable to pin anything on him. Romo balled like never before and STILL found a way to embrace a balanced approach. The guy was nails. Our defense couldn't hold a candle to Denver's quick strike offense. They took us to school and our defense is still sitting in class wondering what type of hieroglyphics professor Manning scribbled on the chalkboard.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
36-14 pass run. 12 carries for your starter. Que?

There was a steady diet of run. In crucial situations, we didn't completely abandon a balanced attack. I'll take 14 timely carries, tuck my tent, and go home content with a W. We have to start somewhere and I was happy with a level of adherence despite the shootout environment. We can work our way up to 18+. Comprende?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I'm pushing an agenda here. We need to run the ball more and I will gladly appreciate baby steps in that direction. They don't all have to go to DeMarco. Get some of the other RBs involved. All of the people saying the run is no longer relevant are on something. The Broncos beat us with a perfect balance of 31 rush attempts to 42 passes. It's a shame that the team with one of the most prolific passers this decade was more balanced than us. Ponder that for a few...

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
And yes... Had that Romo INT into triple coverage been a run play we may be sitting here right now talking about an incredibly impressive win.

visionary

Reaction score
There was a steady diet of run. In crucial situations, we didn't completely abandon a balanced attack. I'll take 14 timely carries, tuck my tent, and go home content with a W. We have to start somewhere and I was happy with a level of adherence despite the shootout environment. We can work our way up to 18+. Comprende?

I can only hope this was a tongue in cheek thread

If there was one thing the offense was not last Sunday, it was "balanced"