Baldy Breakdown - Defense Chasing Ghosts

Praxit

Reaction score
...Parsons wants $$$$$. Right now, he's on the heel's of embarrassment.

I bet the whole team watching that, ...sighed, watching the ALL Pro get bamboozled

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'd love to be able to get a film review session from Zimmer to know for sure the responsibilities here, but that will never happen. I highly suspect that this isnt a Parsons issue though....outside of not getting set, no real excuse for that. That first play though when the LT blocks down like that typically your DE is supposed to crash down with him, and get underneath the pulling player to not leave a massive gap. Someone should have been following the Y on that play....I just cant say it enough, but if you get a 2 wr look with the Y playing off the LOS they will take you to the ball nearly every time. I can't say for sure because we dont know everyones specific responsibilities but I have to believe that is either a backer or whoever the box safety was on that play who needs to be covering the outside once Micah crashed down. The reads from the 2nd level just seem to be oddly off, which is the last thing I would have expected from a Mike Zimmer defense.

The 2nd play in that video once again, what is the 2nd level reading here? Someone has to be reading the Y, and once again he didn't crash down so the backer can't bite. I'm guessing Zimmer is having these guys do some version of a triangle read, but this is two weeks in a row where it really looks like they are dialed in on one player and not the full triangle. I would say this is a player issue, but its literally every single 2nd level player who is getting sucked in. Also I would imagine someone is responsible for Lamar Jackson on this play so how you dont have two guys covering that side of the field is beyond me.

A week ago I said it was the players, not coaching, but if its not getting fixed, especially to this degree, that's a coaching issue. A lot of pressure should be on Zimmer this week, NY lacks talent (aside from Nabers) but they try to make up for a lot of that lack of talent with a ton of misdirection. No reason to think they wont steal a lot of these same concepts that have been used the last couple weeks that have left the Cowboys defense with absolutely zero answers.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Micah should never play end unless he's in obvious passing situations.
He played that terribly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was the demise I remember in D.Ware's last games here as a Cowboy. RG3 killed him on this, next thing you know he's in denver

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd love to be able to get a film review session from Zimmer to know for sure the responsibilities here, but that will never happen. I highly suspect that this isnt a Parsons issue though....outside of not getting set, no real excuse for that. That first play though when the LT blocks down like that typically your DE is supposed to crash down with him, and get underneath the pulling player to not leave a massive gap. Someone should have been following the Y on that play....I just cant say it enough, but if you get a 2 wr look with the Y playing off the LOS they will take you to the ball nearly every time. I can't say for sure because we dont know everyones specific responsibilities but I have to believe that is either a backer or whoever the box safety was on that play who needs to be covering the outside once Micah crashed down. The reads from the 2nd level just seem to be oddly off, which is the last thing I would have expected from a Mike Zimmer defense.

The 2nd play in that video once again, what is the 2nd level reading here? Someone has to be reading the Y, and once again he didn't crash down so the backer can't bite. I'm guessing Zimmer is having these guys do some version of a triangle read, but this is two weeks in a row where it really looks like they are dialed in on one player and not the full triangle. I would say this is a player issue, but its literally every single 2nd level player who is getting sucked in. Also I would imagine someone is responsible for Lamar Jackson on this play so how you dont have two guys covering that side of the field is beyond me.

A week ago I said it was the players, not coaching, but if its not getting fixed, especially to this degree, that's a coaching issue. A lot of pressure should be on Zimmer this week, NY lacks talent (aside from Nabers) but they try to make up for a lot of that lack of talent with a ton of misdirection. No reason to think they wont steal a lot of these same concepts that have been used the last couple weeks that have left the Cowboys defense with absolutely zero answers.
sometimes I wonder how hard we're scouting these teams. They said we used Lance as Lamar Jackson to give them a look at what he'll be doing, so how exactly did they look in practice is what I want to know,that's where it starts. IT was said that Thursday's practice wasn't good, I wonder why nobody mentioned this before the game????????????/

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

this defense is a mess. as a result the offense has to score a lot just for the team to stay in the game. and when you don't have a running game, then you are one dimentional offense. Dak is not elite. he is not mahomes, thus the pressure is on him to carry the offense and the team and he is just not equiped for that. people will take this as if I am saying Dak sucks, but that's not what I am trying to convey. any of these other QBs would also struggle, like Lawrence, Burrows, Herbert, etc..... when you become predictable offensively, then its easy to defend against you. nobody fears our running game, so they drop into coverage and frustrate the recievers and QB...we saw CD get frustrated...top that with two Rookie OL men who are learning on the job.

this thing is a mess. its about to blow up...shades of Wades' team that started 0-7. wouldn't surprise me to lose to the giants. and then it will snow ball.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The last 3 home games, opposing QBs, RBs and WRs are running untouched all over the field. That spans across 2 entirely different defensive schemes going back to the GB debacle.
Are we always going to just blame coaching and let the players off the hook?

John813

Reaction score
I wonder how many times they ran the scout offense to mimic these playcalls. You have at home Lamar Jackson in Trey Lance

HungryLion

Reaction score
Nate Newton blamed micah for the first few read option plays. Who knows more about football you or Nate?

If it’s just Micah though. Why is Tank also crashing down on those plays?

That’s the thing.

The entire defense is discombobulated.

I thought old *** Mike Zimmer going red face and yelling at people was supposed to fix this.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If it’s just Micah though. Why is Tank also crashing down on those plays?

That’s the thing.

The entire defense is discombobulated.

I thought old *** Mike Zimmer going red face and yelling at people was supposed to fix this.
I said Newton referenced the first few since they were ran at the assassin. He didn't say dlaw played well. I just think it's funny seeing people claim micah had no fault in this game.