Twitter: Baldy Breakdowns - Dak is all seeing

cowboyed

Reaction score
Said before will say it again......something happened during the Vikes game. It's almost as if he finally proved to himself he could carry this team w/o Zeke. Call it what you want, lights came on or whatever but no question this is now HIS OFFENSE.
It is a culmination of experience and hard work. We have seen Dak improving in other games this season. Not only is Dak athletic but he is a serious student of the game at his position as starting quarterback. It doesn't hurt to have smarts playing quarterback. He has a masters degree and is aiming for his PhD.

shabazz

Reaction score
9DknKX.png

aikemirv

Reaction score
Does Dak gain anything from playing against Matt Patricia the week before the Patriots?

Macnalty

Reaction score
Does Dak gain anything from playing against Matt Patricia the week before the Patriots?
That is a great point. The Pats are vulnerable this year IMO. Quick start and 3rd quarter dominance can make this an advantage to the cowboys IMO.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I have to chuckle at all this Dak love and he finally gets it posts. He’s like every other QB in the NFL.....when he has his next bad game, as all QBs do, whether it’s him, his mates, or coaching, then it’s all about Dak is just a guy, just a bus driver who needs everyone else to be at the top of his game. As he gets older, it will be, he’s reached his ceiling and he’s on the downside now.

Such is the life of a QB in the NFL.....it’s always week to week with fans and many in the media.

Gorgon

Reaction score
Was listening to Talking Cowboys and they said there were point in the game where he made all his reads and then went back through them a second time.

That take great pass blocking AND quick reads. Not bad for a "one read qb."
The O-line has been very good at pass blocking. They are still struggling in run blocking, kind of reminding me of the old Miami/Marino or Chargers/Fouts lines. I still prefer the emphasis on the run game because it offers so many more opportunities to shut down an opponent when you have a lead.

Reactions: CWR

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
It is a culmination of experience and hard work. We have seen Dak improving in other games this season. Not only is Dak athletic but he is a serious student of the game at his position as starting quarterback. It doesn't hurt to have smarts playing quarterback. He has a masters degree and is aiming for his PhD.

Kitna was saying last week how they have to make him go home after practice and days off.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The out to Gallup Slay nearly picked off was way late. It should not have been used as an "all-seeing" example.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Wish he would have been all seeing last week against the Vikes.. that 4 down play was a horrible decision on his part. Cobb (i think) was wide open past the sticks but Dak looked down Zeke and then threw it to him with the LB in perfect coverage. It's sad that one bad play can ruin what was other wise an amazing game from him.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Dude is getting the job done,,,and will be paid handsomely. Yet, Baldy enblishes a lot, most the time DAK faced a 3man rush. It was misleading as DAK had so much time to see the field and for the WR to get open.

It would have more credence if it was against a winning team......Expect DAK to have a good game against the PATs but I don't think he will have as much time to throw the ball against an outstanding defense. Detroit Lions are not the NE Patriots. More worried about being out coached than DAK and the WR's.

Cmac

Reaction score
A lot of what the best quarterbacks do is identify the defense pre snap.

dak has become very good at this. Even if he doesn’t identify the defense correctly he has the athletic ability to make plays with his feet.
It would have been nice if he read the Jets Blitz on the 2pt conversion attempt or the covered pass play to Zeke on 4th down against Vikes. I get it...that was overlooked, swept under the rug. But he is getting better.