Twitter: Baldy: CeeDee Lamb was unstoppable

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Sure, they count, but they're not the games that decide true contenders. We've lost every one of those since 2015.
What is your criteria for that? In 2016, we beat the team that beat us (Green Bay) in the postseason, topping the Packers 30-16. I suppose the NFC Championship Game participants weren't contenders the first time we played them?
We also split with the Giants and beat Detroit in our only other games against NFC playoff teams and beat the only AFC playoff team (Pittsburgh) we faced. So going 4-1 against playoff teams doesn't count because we lost to Green Bay by three in the playoffs? Or because we didn't face either of the Super Bowl participants?

I get frustrated that we've come up short in the playoffs, but I can't see the criteria for saying we've lost every one of our games against true contenders since 2015. And I just looked at one year.

erod

Reaction score
What is your criteria for that? In 2016, we beat the team that beat us (Green Bay) in the postseason, topping the Packers 30-16. I suppose the NFC Championship Game participants weren't contenders the first time we played them?
We also split with the Giants and beat Detroit in our only other games against NFC playoff teams and beat the only AFC playoff team (Pittsburgh) we faced. So going 4-1 against playoff teams doesn't count because we lost to Green Bay by three in the playoffs? Or because we didn't face either of the Super Bowl participants?

I get frustrated that we've come up short in the playoffs, but I can't see the criteria for saying we've lost every one of our games against true contenders since 2015. And I just looked at one year.
How many games did Green Bay lose during that regular season stretch? They were in a bad way then. Caught them at the perfect time.

Most playoff teams don't matter. When we play THAT team, we get crushed. Every single time.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How many games did Green Bay lose during that regular season stretch? They were in a bad way then. Caught them at the perfect time.

Most playoff teams don't matter. When we play THAT team, we get crushed. Every single time.
So based on your definition, we played no true contenders that year until the playoffs, when the Packers were no longer in a bad way? That's a good way to dismiss any quality victories that we had.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They're horrible.

We'll know a lot more in 5 days.
You have no idea what you're talking about. The rams had allowed 4 passing TDs all season coming into that game. Dak gave them their season total match in 1 game. They were a top 10 passing defense. But I get it anything that helps you push your "Dak sucks" narrative. Lol you used to be a quality poster, its sad to see just how far you've fallen.

erod

Reaction score
You have no idea what you're talking about. The rams had allowed 4 passing TDs all season coming into that game. Dak gave them their season total match in 1 game. They were a top 10 passing defense. But I get it anything that helps you push your "Dak sucks" narrative. Lol you used to be a quality poster, its sad to see just how far you've fallen.
The Rams have ZERO chance at going to the Super Bowl. They don't matter.

Raise your standards.

erod

Reaction score
So based on your definition, we played no true contenders that year until the playoffs, when the Packers were no longer in a bad way? That's a good way to dismiss any quality victories that we had.
The Packers had a gawd awful defense that year. Atlanta had them down, 28-0, in the blink of an eye the next week. It was a shellacking.

We beat them in the regular season during a stretch when they lost 5 out of 6 games. They were a mess.