Video: Baldys Breakdown

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I always said this offense was way too stagnant with their set formations every play, defenses were reading what was coming based on the offensive sets, there wasn't enough prenap motion to keep the defenses off balance to what's coming and how to react to them......and after game one, Moore is giving me confidence he was the right guy to take over the playcalling....

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Kellen Moore is calling plays where he makes the Defense pay for thinking that they can stack the box all game long against Zeke. The more that Dak can be able to play in a similar fashion in the way that he did yesterday, the less that defenses will be able to do this. Unless they want to risk their secondaries getting exposed.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I knew I wasn't crazy when qbs like Wentz Goff and Brady would sometimes drop back 2 steps, and have someone wiiiide open 15 yards down field. With us, everyone would be covered unless someone beat their man with a special move, which lead to Dak/Romo holding onto the ball for ages. THIS is a modern offence that will take advantage of talent, not just ask it to 'beat the other faceless man'.

Remember all those times teams would have injuries in the secondary, but no name dbs would shut our receivers down? That's how easy we made it for other teams if our guys weren't on. Now hopefully Moore will demolish those matchups

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Creativity, confusing defenses, playing chess.

It’s like all our offensive wishes are coming true. It’s frustrating that it took so long to move In this direction, but let’s not dwell on that. We’re here now and this could be really fun.

And I love Baldy’s breakdowns.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Good commentary. That was a detailed analysis by Brian Baldinger, revealing some nifty offensive adjustments by Kellen Moore. Yes, it's early yet but what we're seeing now offers some encouraging views of what's to come. As Kellen said lately, it's a work in progress and there's more to come.

Dak has obviously caught on extremely well at seeing everything and directing traffic at this juncture, though. It's pretty encouraging, to say the least. Defenses actually don't appear to have a clue what's coming with all the motion they have to deal with. It's really refreshing, in view of the results.

Last edited: