Video: Baldys Breakdown

HungryLion

Reaction score
Baldy forgot to mention the receiver who were FIGHTing their way to victory.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Creativity, confusing defenses, playing chess.

It’s like all our offensive wishes are coming true. It’s frustrating that it took so long to move In this direction, but let’s not dwell on that. We’re here now and this could be really fun.

And I love Baldy’s breakdowns.

I agree, it is both great and frustrating at the same time.

Great that we now have a coach that knows how to utilize the many weapons and overall talent that this offense has.

And frustrating knowing that that talent was wasted for years under Linehan.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Great that we now have a coach that knows how to utilize the many weapons and overall talent that this offense has.

Linehan had a very limited approach.

Reaction score

And there are dozens, or maybe hundreds of posters on this site that have been saying for years that the Garrett/Linehan offense was archaic and fossilized. It had to be modernized to the 21st century.

Yet it took THIS long for Garrett to figure it out.

So while it's great that we are beyond the stone age, it's still a problem that Garrett was one of the last people on earth to figure it out.

EDIT: I'm not sure Garrett did figure it out. He wanted to keep Linehan and was overruled by Jerry/Stephen. It's very possible this new look was forced on Garrett.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And there are dozens, or maybe hundreds of posters on this site that have been saying for years that the Garrett/Linehan offense was archaic and fossilized. It had to be modernized to the 21st century.

Yet it took THIS long for Garrett to figure it out.

So while it's great that we are beyond the stone age, it's still a problem that Garrett was one of the last people on earth to figure it out.

EDIT: I'm not sure Garrett did figure it out. He wanted to keep Linehan and was overruled by Jerry/Stephen. It's very possible this new look was forced on Garrett.

More uncomfortable truths.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Very encouraging. But I need to see if what happens when DC have few game films on our OC and how he adapts.

True but I do think having the weapons still will keep DC up. You can focus on Zeke but then you expose yourself to the passing game. You can double on Cooper but then you leave yourself exposed to Gallup and Cobb. I fully expect to play some very good defense who will be hard to move the ball on at times but I also think it will be hard to keep this offense down on too many possessions

btcutter

Reaction score
True but I do think having the weapons still will keep DC up. You can focus on Zeke but then you expose yourself to the passing game. You can double on Cooper but then you leave yourself exposed to Gallup and Cobb. I fully expect to play some very good defense who will be hard to move the ball on at times but I also think it will be hard to keep this offense down on too many possessions

As always it’s a combination of play design AND execution.