If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Wins

2 to Cincy
2 to Cleveland
Miami
Oakland
Houston
Philly- at a time where Mcnabb was playing bad and Westbrook was hurt.
Washington- they were washed up by this point

Loses

2 to Pittsburgh
Tennessee
Indy
Giants

My point is that they haven't really won any game against a good team when they were playing well. We are at home. This should be a W. I will say what I said before the Pittsburgh game. If the turnover ratio is even, we will win.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just Beat The Ones You Should Beat

Posted by mickshot at 12/17/2008 6:44 PM CST on truebluefanclub.com

Was looking at Baltimore’s record, 9-5, and who the Ravens have beaten and who they have lost to, knowing they are on the verge of clinching a playoff spot with a first-year head coach and a rookie starting quarterback as they come to town Saturday night to meet the Cowboys at Texas Stadium.

Interesting. Of their nine victories, only two have been over teams currently with winning records, Miami (9-5) and Philadelphia (8-5-1). Two others have come against teams sitting .500 right now, Houston and Washington. Of their five losses, all five have been to teams with winning records (Pittsburgh twice, Tennessee, Indianapolis and the Giants), so 2-5 vs. teams with winning records.

But then, it’s like, well, what about the Cowboys, how have they gotten to 9-5 themselves? The Cowboys have a 3-3 record against their six opponents which now have winning records, having beaten Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and the Giants, while losing to Arizona, the Giants and Pittsburgh – all on the road. They are 5-1 against teams currently with losing records – and have split games against the only current .500 team they have played, Washington.

So it seems, if you just beat the teams you’re supposed to beat and at least split against the teams with winning records, you have a pretty good chance of finishing with a playoff-worthy record in this league.

Oh, how much easier this would have been without Rams 34, Cowboys 14, their second and last victory of the season so far and the Cowboys only loss to a team currently with a losing record.

Mickey Spagnola

Boysboy

Reaction score
dmq;2503738 said:
Wins

2 to Cincy
2 to Cleveland
Miami
Oakland
Houston

Loses

2 to Pittsburgh
Tennessee
Indy
Giants

My point is that they haven't really won any game against a good team when they were playing well. We are at home. This should be a W. I will say what I said before the Pittsburgh game. If the turnover ratio is even, we will win.

They actually did most of their damage against Philly AFTER McNabb got benched. Otherwise, it was 10-7 at that point. OTOH-they blew the first Pitt game b/c of a fluke fumble by Flacco, the officating blew the 2nd Pitt game for them, and they blew the Tennessee game even more so than we did against Pitt last week.

BTW-when Indy blew them out, weren't the Colts without an OL or 2?(I think Jeff Saturday may have been out) Just for those of you worried about Corey Procter, that's all.

Just thinking out loud here...

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Good God. Does this mean Mick and I think alike?:eek:

jgboys1

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2503752 said:
Just Beat The Ones You Should Beat

Posted by mickshot at 12/17/2008 6:44 PM CST on truebluefanclub.com

Was looking at Baltimore’s record, 9-5, and who the Ravens have beaten and who they have lost to, knowing they are on the verge of clinching a playoff spot with a first-year head coach and a rookie starting quarterback as they come to town Saturday night to meet the Cowboys at Texas Stadium.

Interesting. Of their nine victories, only two have been over teams currently with winning records, Miami (9-5) and Philadelphia (8-5-1). Two others have come against teams sitting .500 right now, Houston and Washington. Of their five losses, all five have been to teams with winning records (Pittsburgh twice, Tennessee, Indianapolis and the Giants), so 2-5 vs. teams with winning records.

But then, it’s like, well, what about the Cowboys, how have they gotten to 9-5 themselves? The Cowboys have a 3-3 record against their six opponents which now have winning records, having beaten Philadelphia, Tampa Bay and the Giants, while losing to Arizona, the Giants and Pittsburgh – all on the road. They are 5-1 against teams currently with losing records – and have split games against the only current .500 team they have played, Washington.

So it seems, if you just beat the teams you’re supposed to beat and at least split against the teams with winning records, you have a pretty good chance of finishing with a playoff-worthy record in this league.

Oh, how much easier this would have been without Rams 34, Cowboys 14, their second and last victory of the season so far and the Cowboys only loss to a team currently with a losing record.

Mickey Spagnola
:banghead:

Boysboy

Reaction score
jgboys1;2503773 said:

Yeah-IF we had beaten the Rams, Brian Stewart STILL would be calling the plays.

Otherwise-we prolly would have lost to the Bucs the week after, and then MAYBE the 2nd Skins game, as well as last week's Giants game. And who knows? Big Ben would have lit us up a good one.

We would be 9-5 *with* Stewart calling the plays? :lmao2:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I was listening to Talking Cowboys earlier when they talked about them being 2-5 against teams with a winning record.

But we're only 3-3 against teams with a winning record, so we're not really doing much better in that regard.

I still do think that we're going to win Saturday. We have to.

jday

Reaction score
Seriously, the media has made way too much of "Wade calling the plays", now! I think it has more to do with Newman being healthy, the Defensive Line doing their job holding their gaps as opposed to trying to win the game on their own, and the realization that the defense cannot rely on the offense to win games anymore.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
jday;2503967 said:
Seriously, the media has made way too much of "Wade calling the plays", now! I think it has more to do with Newman being healthy, the Defensive Line doing their job holding their gaps as opposed to trying to win the game on their own, and the realization that the defense cannot rely on the offense to win games anymore.

No, it's definitely Wade calling the plays. No more Deep Zones on 3rd down.

playboidolla

Reaction score
Im glad somebody has brought that up......I was debating with a friend about this. Not only that, the ravens defense has not preformed well on the road this year. Especially against teams with winning records.

kmd24

Reaction score
Spagnola said:

Silly. Without Romo, we probably should have been underdogs given that the game was on the road. I have very little heartburn over that one.

The one that really sticks in my craw is the loss to Washington in Dallas. We'd have a chance at the division if we had won that game, but we couldn't stop them often enough on 3rd down.

Second to that is Arizona. They ran the opening kickoff back, we turned it over immediately after recovering a fumble on the Arizona 25, and we still managed to lead 14-7 midway through the third quarter. We give up a circle route to Hightower for 17 yards on 3rd and 17, and the rest is history. By all rights, we should have walked away from that game with a win, and an intact Romo and McBriar.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
kmd24;2504031 said:
Silly. Without Romo, we probably should have been underdogs given that the game was on the road. I have very little heartburn over that one.

The one that really sticks in my craw is the loss to Washington in Dallas. We'd have a chance at the division if we had won that game, but we couldn't stop them often enough on 3rd down.

Second to that is Arizona. They ran the opening kickoff back, we turned it over immediately after recovering a fumble on the Arizona 25, and we still managed to lead 14-7 midway through the third quarter. We give up a circle route to Hightower for 17 yards on 3rd and 17, and the rest is history. By all rights, we should have walked away from that game with a win, and an intact Romo and McBriar.

I'm with you on the first Washington game and the Arizona game.

ZB9

Reaction score
they have a rookie QB. He's played well for a rookie, but Dallas should definitely win this one with the way the Cowboys have been stopping the run.

Givincer

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2503823 said:
I was listening to Talking Cowboys earlier when they talked about them being 2-5 against teams with a winning record.

But we're only 3-3 against teams with a winning record, so we're not really doing much better in that regard.

I still do think that we're going to win Saturday. We have to.

But 3-2 with our starting quarterback. Very easily 5-0, if we win the game in overtime against the Cardinals or if we closed the game out against Pittsburgh two weeks ago.

2-5 is a very bad record to have against teams with winning records.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
kmd24;2504031 said:

true, despite playing terribly, we were in a position to win that game but coughed it up.

If Hurd had caught the onside kick, we would have beaten the Commanders.

Anyway, what is done is done, we control our own destiny and that is all that matters.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
dmq;2503738 said:
Wins

2 to Cincy
2 to Cleveland
Miami
Oakland
Houston

Loses

2 to Pittsburgh
Tennessee
Indy
Giants

This is the sign of a well coached team. Or at least a team with better coaching than talent.

They're fairly consistent, but lack the talent to beat the better teams.

I already felt good about this game, I now feel better.

Boysboy

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2504142 said:
true, despite playing terribly, we were in a position to win that game but coughed it up.

If Hurd had caught the onside kick, we would have beaten the Commanders.

Anyway, what is done is done, we control our own destiny and that is all that matters.

To be fair-the Commanders were playing very, very well to start the season. They faded in the 2nd half largely b/c Zorn couldn't make adjustments when the oppositions figured him out.

As for the Arizona game-even a TAVARIS JACKSON-lead Vikings team shredded them a good one in THEIR house. Pt being that to this day, I still can't figure out how we lost to the Cards. So what if we blew a few plays? Even WITH those bungled plays, we still should have walked all over them. Really-even the Vikings gave up a blocked FG TD to them and still walked away with a win.

Boysboy

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2504293 said:
This is the sign of a well coached team. Or at least a team with better coaching than talent.

They're fairly consistent, but lack the talent to beat the better teams.

I already felt good about this game, I now feel better.

Remember it was this same unit last year that shut down that Pats high-powered offense, albeit with numerous injuries.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2504310 said:
Remember it was this same unit last year that shut down that Pats high-powered offense, albeit with numerous injuries.
that was also in cold weather and in Baltimore. that crowd is insane so we don't have to deal with that or the cold weather on Saturday.