Bands you’ve seen (not local)

ESisback

Reaction score
Who have you seen in concert? What were your faves? Stories welcome!

Sanford Townsend Band
Beatlemania
Collective Soul
Head East
Pure Prairie League
Grass Roots
The Hooters
The Outfield
REO Speedwagon
George Thorogood
Air Supply
Skid Row
Faster *****cat
Brittany Fox
Rusted Root
Jackyl
Our Lady Peace
ZZ Top
Ted Nugent (3)
Van Halen (2)
Aerosmith (2)
Kiss (6)
Pink Floyd
Page and Plant
Rush
Motley Crue
Giant
COC
Paul McCartney
Rolling Stones
Frehley’s Comet
Blue Oyster Cult
Brother Cane
Firehouse
CCR
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Cheap Trick
Alice Cooper
Slash’s Snake Pit
Deep Purple
Live
Golden Earring
White Lion
Great White
Kix
Krokus
Poison
Pretty Boy Floyd
Gin Blossoms
Kansas

There’s probably one or two I’m forgetting—too drunk, too stoned, old brain, or the band simply sucked!

aria

Reaction score
Impressive that you only forget a few, I would have a hard time remembering 50% of them so I won’t even try.

Here’s some I recall from the past few years.

Willie Nelson
Allison Krauss
Roger Waters x 2
Slayer x 2
Testament
Lame of God x 2
Marilyn Manson x 2
Filter
Bush
Bad Wolves
Slipknot
Ozzy
At the Gates
Cannibal Corpse
Suicidal Tendencies
Amon Amarth x 2
Arch Enemy
Nightwish
Behemoth x 2
Nine Inch Nails

Really excited to see Rotting Christ (never seen before) in a month but fear it may get canceled due to the same reason everything else is getting canceled.

Last edited:

Dreski

Reaction score
I saw seen Hall and Oates with Train opening in Cleveland, Also saw Stone Temple Pilots, with Jeff Gutt as the singer, he did well, but I wish I coulda seen Scott Weiland perform :( I have tickets to go see Rage Against the Machine in July if the concert doesn’t get cancelled, I’m hoping worst case scenario they reschedule, I’ve always wanted to see them live, I’ve heard Tom Morello is awesome live!

ESisback

Reaction score
I saw seen Hall and Oates with Train opening in Cleveland, Also saw Stone Temple Pilots, with Jeff Gutt as the singer, he did well, but I wish I coulda seen Scott Weiland perform :( I have tickets to go see Rage Against the Machine in July if the concert doesn’t get cancelled, I’m hoping worst case scenario they reschedule, I’ve always wanted to see them live, I’ve heard Tom Morello is awesome live!
He is!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
1st concert I saw, 19 years old, Jane's Addiction during their 1989 Nothing's Shocking tour.in Portland, OR. During the Pigs In Zen song and i'm being tossed back and forth in a crazy slam pit. Perry got to the edge of the stsge, started talking to the crowd, and jumped down into us and fell right on top of me. We basically caught him so he was ok. Everyone then started grabbing him and for some reason I pulled at his red/orange dreadlocks, and pulled out one (he had beads in his hair). He turned around and punched another guy who he thought did it. Crazy. Still have the dreadlock btw.

Here is what that tour was like. The show below was at the John Aston Ford Theater, 6 days later... No performer I have ever seen, on TV or whatever, was as intense as Perry. This was before grunge rock became the next big thing. Nirvana wad no way more groundbreaking as Jane's Addiction was in their prime.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Impressive that you only forget a few, I would have a hard time remembering 50% of them so I won’t even try.

Here’s some I recall from the past few years.

Willie Nelson
Allison Krauss
Roger Waters x 2
Slayer x 2
Testament
Lame of God x 2
Marilyn Manson x 2
Filter
Bush
Bad Wolves
Slipknot
Ozzy
At the Gates
Cannibal Corpse
Suicidal Tendencies
Amon Amarth x 2
Arch Enemy
Nightwish
Behemoth x 2
Nine Inch Nails

Really excited to see Rotting Christ (never seen before) in a month but fear it may get canceled due to the same reason everything else is getting canceled.
Lame of God? are they a cover band?

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I saw STP when I was 14 forgot what year that was,like 1992? I guess, honestly wasn't a very good show but I was so excited to see any live band for the first time.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
ZZTop w/ The Black Crows

'92 Beastie Boys w/ Da Lynch Mob & Rollins Band

'93 Lollapalooza Alice in Chains, Primus, Dinosaur Jr., Fishbone, Arrested Development, George Clinton, Babes in Toyland, Tool, Rage Against the Machine

'94 Lollapalooza The Smashing Pumpkins (left half way through, boring), Beastie Boys, George Clinton & the P-Funk All Stars, The Breeders, A Tribe Called Quest, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, L7, Boredoms

Green Day w/ Pansy Division

Face to Face w/ Unwritten Law

'98 Warped Tour Bad Religion, NOFX, and a whole bunch of other bands

Cherry Poppin' Daddies

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy

Beastie Boys again w/ A Tribe Called Quest

Blink 182

Concert going died off though did get to see Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings at a local bar/concert place

And most recently the Descendants a couple years ago

StarMan2112

Reaction score
Ratt
Queensryche
Poison
KISS (3)
Ted Nugent
Jackyl
Great White
Dokken
Y&T (2)
Warrant
Firehouse
Cinderella
Trixter
Skid Row
Tesla
Def Leppard
Kansas
Foreigner
Night Ranger
Lynyrd Skynyrd
ZZ Top
Alabama
Charlie Daniels
Travis Tritt
Michael English
Steve Vai (2)
Eric Johnson
Buckethead
Nickelback
Shinedown
Creed
Rick Springfield
Candlebox
Fates Warning
Dweezil Zappa
Metallica
Iron Maiden (2)
Ghost
Alice Cooper
Alice In Chains
Trans-Siberian Orchestra (2)
Rush (2)
King’s X (2)
Dream Theater (5)
Tool

Best I can do, probably forgetting one or two.

Dreski

Reaction score
I saw STP when I was 14 forgot what year that was,like 1992? I guess, honestly wasn't a very good show but I was so excited to see any live band for the first time.
Honestly didn’t get to see all of the show, my friend’s brother got kicked out. Never going to a concert with that guy again lol I’ve recently just started going to concerts(within like 5 years) so some of the bands I really like are either retired or have a different line up, I still love going to concerts though, they’re so fun

aria

Reaction score
Other ones I thought of...

Sepultura
Pantera x 15+
Damage Plan
White Zombie several
Megadeth several
David Allen Coe x 3
Merle Haggard x 3
Garth Brooks
Cypress Hill
Outkast
Fleetwood Mac (original lineup)
The Eagles (original lineup)
Beastie Boys
KISS
Black Sabbath
Ted Nugent
Motorhead
Static X
Metallica
The Oak Ridge Boys
Adele
Korn (several)
The Prodigy
Dave Matthews
String Cheese Incident
Primus x 2
Judas Priest
Jewel
No Doubt
George Clinton Parliament Funkadelic
Everclear
Exodus
Black Label Society
Anthrax
Rage Against the Machine
System of a Down
Godsmack

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score
Other ones I thought of...

Sepultura
Pantera x 15+
Damage Plan
White Zombie several
Megadeth several
David Allen Coe x 3
Merle Haggard x 3
Garth Brooks
Cypress Hill
Outkast
Fleetwood Mac (original lineup)
The Eagles (original lineup)
Beastie Boys
KISS
Black Sabbath
Ted Nugent
Motorhead
Static X
Metallica
The Oak Ridge Boys
Adele
Korn (several)
The Prodigy
Dave Matthews
String Cheese Incident
Primus x 2
Judas Priest
Jewel
No Doubt
George Clinton Parliament Funkadelic
Everclear
Exodus
Black Label Society
Anthrax

Nice list! I left off my country bands/artists. My Gram lived a block from the Clearfield County Fair, and we’d get jobs every summer selling drinks at the grandstand shows, and we saw a slew of country stars for free:

TG Sheppard
Merle Haggard
Boots Randolph
Kenny Rogers
Lynn Anderson
Tom T. Hall
Ray Stevens
Oak Ridge Boys
Ronnie Milsap
Tammy Wynette
Tanya Tucker
Charlie Daniels

aria

Reaction score
Man, I get it, they’re a very popular band and I know a lot of people who like them but I just can’t get into them as much as I try.

To make matters worse, they’re sabotaging all the other band lineups I want to see. They were on both of Slayers “final” tour shows here in Dallas and now they’re playing with Megadeth this summer. I can’t get rid of them!

I honestly go to the bathroom and loiter around the beer stands until most/all of their set is over before going back to the pit or my seat.

Godsmack is another, can’t count how many lineups they ruined for me in the early 2000’s.